• safe place for you AND your belongings

30 46.88%
  • safe place only for your belongings

9 14.06%
  • no safe place, keep it a full sandbox

25 39.06%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    the problem is that people see "open pvp" only when they see "sandbox" and it attracts the wrong type of crowd
    I agree.

Having said that, I've nothing against open PvP, but there must be an effective mechanism to protect newbies from mindless ganking.

Sandbox games are "limited" because many players can't handle an "unlimited" sandbox. It takes VERY FEW players to ruin the game for EVERYONE. These players are a virus/disease that jumps from host to host. It's the same as saying if one person exploits and people find out, more people will exploit to be on par with them until everyone needs to exploit to have a chance or leave because they'd rather not. When one exploit is fixed, another exploit turns up... When one of these viruses are suppressed...another one shows up.

I'm for structures being as safe as it gets with the following caveats.

1. Structures that provide safety should be relatively easy to maintain/repair.
    2. Structures that provide safety should be considerably more difficult to destroy/breach.
    3. Well built structures should be long lasting. Allowing players to do something other than worry about their walls being breached every 5 min.

Quote Originally Posted by goodayve View Post
    I dont really like any of these options. The better option is the one i have read the game developers allready talk about. People will be able to decide if they are going to have a safe totem or be part of the tribe wars.

Or another option i heard talked about where the main totem would be safe and the expansion totems would be able to be attacked.

I guess I would choose 1. And this does not take away at all from being a sandbox in my mind. So saying 3 is the most like full sandbox is wrong I think.
    People that just want to attack everyone they see are not real pvpers. A lot of the people in the game like PVP they just dont want those fools who run around killing everyone they see for no other reason then the kill and maybe the loot.
    Like I have allready heard some self proclaimed pvper mention how they saw someone, so the first thing they wanted to do was go kill that person.

Edit: of course these people are welcome in the game they just wont be able to kill people and take all their super good stuff while its being sorted in the homestead.
    Dont be supportin the cancer man cause thats what your doing. (pro-tip look up the word exploitation)

Quote Originally Posted by Garek View Post
    Dont be supportin the cancer man cause thats what your doing. (pro-tip look up the word exploitation)
    What are you talking about?

My post has nothing about exploits in it

Xsyon Citizen
    i want hardcore PVP

Like i said before, open PVP everywhere, full loot, and have offline defense system for tribe land.
    And have wait timers when the attacker is on the tribe territory.
    For example:
    Player <A> moves to tribe <Z> to attack players of tribe <Z>.
    Player <A> needs to wait 3 minutes before he/she can attack players <Z> on tribe territory <Z>. Thats will give some time and protection for players <Z> to defend them selfs.

I like people being able to opt in or out of PVP, that said it raises questions if suppliers are all non-pvp and then the actual warring tribes are pvp. Also will there be some benefit to pvp? Also can't tribes just shut off PvP when they start to lose? Lots of issues.

After playing haven and hearth anyone can see why full, lawless, open PvP does not work and is not enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    Sandbox games are "limited" because many players can't handle an "unlimited" sandbox. It takes VERY FEW players to ruin the game for EVERYONE. These players are a virus/disease that jumps from host to host. It's the same as saying if one person exploits and people find out, more people will exploit to be on par with them until everyone needs to exploit to have a chance or leave because they'd rather not. When one exploit is fixed, another exploit turns up... When one of these viruses are suppressed...another one shows up.
    This

I see advantages with giving certain bonuses for participating in PvP, but not making it required. Encouraging people to participate rather than forcing them to always seems to be the most pragmatic way to run PVP.

open pvp , full loot, if you don't want a dead game.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceReaper View Post
    open pvp , full loot, if you don't want a dead game.
    Yeah, cause nothing will keep me logging in to the game than coming back from a day of doing rl stuff only to find my walls destroyed, my totem down, and some giggling idiots ransacking my baskets, pausing only long enough to kill me and type, "LOL L2P noob!!!!!!!" before going back to destroying everything it took me months to build.