Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurpitsa View Post
    How do you make them? I looked at toolcraft, it didn't have anything like an axe or a fishing pole. If I don't want to kill people or use this method, how am I suppose to get started without forced to take certain crafting skills?
    So you can't craft, don't wanna trade with ppl and don't wanna kill ppl and you feel the game should be tweaked to make this a successful playstyle. My angle is that the current system makes you interact with other pl either to cooperate or to pvp, which is a good thing imo.

I actually met you ingame, we crafted a bit together and you were even offered to join our tribe i think? How is this not a solution to getting the tools you need?

If you can't make something, craft things and discover new recipes, or have someone in the game craft it for you and repay them with either gathered resources or craft them something they can't. It's how the game works.

It would be nice if they just started us with all the starter tools after they put tool decay in. It really sucks not to be able to craft something because I don't have a crafting knife. If no one from my guild is on the game goes from being a fun I can do what I want to do, too 15 mins worth of looking tough the action menu to see what I can do. I have never used this exploit but I will now.

Even if people aren't rerolling to get tools they will reroll to get the random recipe that they want. Why would I want to wait till lvl 50 to get Daogwa assault armor on my basket weaver when i can reroll a couple times and get the recipe at the beginning?

It's not a cheat at all ... if they would fix the problem it wouldn't be necessary for some to do. Its no different than someone rerolling to have the correct tools he needs to get started, with item decay in the tools should be used up and the real trading will begin.
    I am not sure why some people find issue with the simplest of things , let them reroll a ton of times to get their tools ... I'll be grabbing my land.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontaze_Mebro View Post
    Even if people aren't rerolling to get tools they will reroll to get the random recipe that they want. Why would I want to wait till lvl 50 to get Daogwa assault armor on my basket weaver when i can reroll a couple times and get the recipe at the beginning?
    ^^^This.
    This is why I reroll...

Quote Originally Posted by iraclear View Post
    So you can't craft, don't wanna trade with ppl and don't wanna kill ppl and you feel the game should be tweaked to make this a successful playstyle. My angle is that the current system makes you interact with other pl either to cooperate or to pvp, which is a good thing imo.

I actually met you ingame, we crafted a bit together and you were even offered to join our tribe i think? How is this not a solution to getting the tools you need?
    It's a solution. Another solution would be to make everyone, right from the beginning, able to craft simple starter tools. Take a stick and go fish. Congratulations, now you have means not to starve. Collect a few sticks and stone and make yourself an axe. With this axe, you can now chop down trees to build small items. This would give you the slightest indication on what to do after character creation and get the newcomer excited about crafting and learning more.

Currently, you're forced to either creating a character you might not want or to a forced play-style. I don't mind that soloing is made hard and whatsoever, but these are starter tools were talking about. Why are they made so complicated?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurpitsa View Post
    It's a solution. Another solution would be to make everyone, right from the beginning, able to craft simple starter tools. Take a stick and go fish. Congratulations, now you have means not to starve. Collect a few sticks and stone and make yourself an axe. With this axe, you can now chop down trees to build small items. This would give you the slightest indication on what to do after character creation and get the newcomer excited about crafting and learning more.

Currently, you're forced to either creating a character you might not want or to a forced play-style. I don't mind that soloing is made hard and whatsoever, but these are starter tools were talking about. Why are they made so complicated?
    you just dont get it do you?

lemme guess...linear quests is a solution to a problem your having as well?

Another "solution" would be to go play a single player game if you don't want to interact with anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    you just dont get it do you?

lemme guess...linear quests is a solution to a problem your having as well?
    Quests? Why are you bringing them on the table? I thought the current Tribe quest feature is really awesome.