Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    re: trees. Valid tactic. Needs a counter. No amount of 'stam use' or 'time to kill sthe stump' will ever quell the tears of someone who gets slashed and burned. We need the ability to replant them. Terrarorm: Turn field. Logging: harvest sappling. foraging: plant sappling. ta da. forest anywhere you want it. which of course has it's own tacticial implications.

Empower the player to combat assholishness, don't restrict the ability to be an asshole.
    In my opinion, it needs both. Both making it more difficult to do that level of destruction and give the players the ability to counter the damage.

In real life, taking a forest down like that would require significant motivation, effort and resources, and lots to replant and restructure it not to mention even more time for growth.

In the game's simplified equation, destroying the forest = very little effort, while reconstructing the forest = almost as much effort as wood harvesting.

So, you're just making the players who want the resources work even harder while rewarding dickery wholesale.

Again, I have no problem with PvP, but it's wildly unreasonable to make it significantly more difficult for non-PVPers to do their thing.

Well since I just clear cut a forest on a mountain today I guess I'll weigh in on how I feel about these tactics. Normally I don't do things like this, it is sort of a dick move but atm there is not many fun things for me to do with the lag and the way combat is so crappy.

I am hoping Devs see what can be done and fix it, but how to fix it of course is the question. Of course I'd love that we could siege during an allotted window of time so that way if you had a problem with me destroying all of your stuff then either you could do something about it or I'm sure you could find someone else to help you.

Of course something even resembling that isn't supposed to come in till after Prelude and that would be assuming they fix combat.

They should make the respawn faster than whatever it is now but still not so quick as a day because then it really doesn't send a message to the people that you've destroyed their stuff.

I could live with having to burn the stump and having to bring some reagents to get it going like having to build a fire.

One last thing, no more real life comparisons that road leads to nowhere but circles of argument.

I know what you mean, Hefe. When I'm bored in real life I disembowel cats. Dick move, sure, but hey. When you're bored, you're bored.

Xsyon Citizen
    Lol pretty extreme response, brosef.

U mad?

5. 03-19-2011, 04:18 PM

This is just too funny. If you want to find Hefe accountable for his actions you better hope they implement tribal warfare for all tribes. Otherwise someone can make a peace tribe and spend all their time cutting down tress (As well as a few other actions that destroy resources) and (besides killing them) there isn't really away to stop them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    does he not know how to sprint? i mean you can sprint forever. the only way you die in this game is if you decide to fight and either decide to go down swinging or you decide to disengage too late.
    did he not set permissions on his pack? or did they fix that?
    did he not pay attention to the world around him as he was traipsing across it? I mean if i hear someone doing something around me i go into alert more, drop into combat stance, hit stealth and start peaking around to see if i have some unwelcome visitors. That was i can decide if i want to play or not.

OH NOOOS IM a VICTIM.

re: trees. Valid tactic. Needs a counter. No amount of 'stam use' or 'time to kill sthe stump' will ever quell the tears of someone who gets slashed and burned. We need the ability to replant them. Terrarorm: Turn field. Logging: harvest sappling. foraging: plant sappling. ta da. forest anywhere you want it. which of course has it's own tacticial implications.

Empower the player to combat assholishness, don't restrict the ability to be an asshole.
    As I said, pk'ers setup their char for pk'ing. THeir attributes make them stronger and faster. Yes you can sprint, but so can the attacker and the attacker can out run you. And if you found a way to sprint for ever, then you are cheating exploting a bug you have found. sprint uses stam faster. and the attackers can sprint also and because they are faster, can sprint faster.

Rather than implementing features in an attempt to limit player freedom, give more options to the players.

Agriculture, however and whenever its implemented, should be capable of replanting trees ( which seems to be the main issue ). Agriculture isn't just wheat or what have you, after all. It's only natural that it should deal with the tree issue, as well. Granted this might not be implemented for some time, but no one was realistically looking for some hot-fix over night, were they?

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by pendergraft
    {MOD EDIT}
    I found this to be both disturbing and off-topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicid View Post
    This is just too funny. If you want to find Hefe accountable for his actions you better hope they implement tribal warfare for all tribes. Otherwise someone can make a peace tribe and spend all their time cutting down tress (As well as a few other actions that destroy resources) and (besides killing them) there isn't really away to stop them.
    I don't want to hold Hefe accountable for his actions. I want Hefe to hold himself accountable. He admits that the act is deplorable, and yet he did it anyway. For fun. I'm afraid I must go against his advisement and compare this to teenagers knocking over mailboxes. Indeed, it is disturbing, Sirius. Quite so. The point is that you're above this kind of behavior. If I found myself a part of a guild that endorsed or defended it, I would seriously reconsider my decision to be a member. Don't let a group think for you.

I also don't want my message to be misconstrued. I'm not saying that players shouldn't be able to do things like this. I am saying that, if they're mature and rational individuals, they shouldn't do things like this. I'm personally having trouble comprehending what type of person could dedicate hours of their time to chopping down another tribe's trees just to spite them. It's lunacy.

Simple fix.. If it's in your tribe land save the guys name/tribe who did this so that when the tribe leader logs on he is alerted who demolished his resources.. Then the tribe can hire a mercenary to find the guy/tribe and bind camp them into oblivion.. or other major retaliations can happen. game is about territory control after all..

Since the game is a lot about crafting and it takes a while to transport stuff anyway you don't necessarily want to increase the time "gathering" takes. This would make a core feature tedious. (See Darkfall)...

This problem should be solved by the players.. it's up to the devs to give the tools to do so (combat upgrade, sieging, and at least knowing who knocked down your kingdom)