PDA

View Full Version : can we expect anything else then pay money

krakken
05-15-2010, 12:05 AM
so i preordered the game on march 31. and i got a message about the transaction.
and that was all so for.
no further information about the pushback of prelude to may 15. (found the info an mmorpg.com) or a download link or anything else.

now it is may the 15. and i don't have any clue whats up with the game.
any information for paying customers? :S
professionalism anywhere, comon it is not to hard to send mails these days!

w0rm
05-15-2010, 12:31 AM
krakken wrote:

so i preordered the game on march 31. and i got a message about the transaction.
and that was all so for.
no further information about the pushback of prelude to may 15. (found the info an mmorpg.com) or a download link or anything else.

You should have access to Citizen forums (special forum for those who preordered). All the information is there, I have preordered on 29-30th of March myself and still not in. Last wave of people who got in (few days ago) was the ones who preordered from 15th March to 18-19th iirc. Anyway, you should get your invite soon, just patience my friend :)

Sabina
05-15-2010, 12:39 AM
krakken wrote:

and that was all so for.

If you try reading what is going on in the forums you will see that the prelude has been pushed back to June 15th. Every person that preordered was told they would get at least 2 weeks in the game before it went live. There is still another month to go before it goes live. There is a mountain of information regarding what is happening with the game testing. Have a read through and you will see what has been happening

Xsyon
05-15-2010, 12:43 AM
Krakken, I sent you a message.

I primarily try to keep everyone update here on the forums.

krakken
05-15-2010, 12:52 AM
thanks and sorry again for my harsh tone.
i hope i will now receive further mails from you.
i just checked my mail box again, and i'm 100% sure i never received anything until 2 minutes ago.
good to see that there are some pretty fast problem solver working here!
looking forward to try xsyon.

Veldern
05-15-2010, 10:05 AM
krakken wrote:

thanks and sorry again for my harsh tone.
i hope i will now receive further mails from you.
i just checked my mail box again, and i'm 100% sure i never received anything until 2 minutes ago.
good to see that there are some pretty fast problem solver working here!
looking forward to try xsyon.They weren't sending out emails. It's all in the announcement sections in the forums.

krakken
05-15-2010, 10:55 AM
i got a pm fom Xsyon (admin) that they sent me some mails several times wich i never received ..

never mind i'm in the game now and i like it very much

yarsoon
05-15-2010, 12:00 PM
krakken wrote:

i got a pm fom Xsyon (admin) that they sent me some mails several times wich i never received ..

never mind i'm in the game now and i like it very much

ok so... not to complain but i pre-ordered before Krakken and nothing so far.... :dry:

Relandi
05-15-2010, 12:04 PM
yarsoon wrote:

ok so... not to complain but i pre-ordered before Krakken and nothing so far.... :dry:

Seems a bit strange because I have a friend who pre-ordered the 28th (I think) which means he should have gotten in (if we're at 31st as is proven through Krakken being invited) .. but didn't get an e-mail?

It seems like they are doing this list manually and skipping, or missing people?

Rather unsettling.

zzro
05-15-2010, 12:19 PM
krakken wrote:

So there have been additional emails differing from the original purchase receipt, and the invitational email?

Akasha
05-15-2010, 12:30 PM
zzro wrote:

krakken wrote:

So there have been additional emails differing from the original purchase receipt, and the invitational email?

Ya cause I definately havent gotten one.

DanielVE
05-15-2010, 01:03 PM
Relandi wrote:

yarsoon wrote:

Seems a bit strange because I have a friend who pre-ordered the 28th (I think) which means he should have gotten in (if we're at 31st as is proven through Krakken being invited) .. but didn't get an e-mail?

It seems like they are doing this list manually and skipping, or missing people?

Rather unsettling.

Im from 31 too and no invite :(
For your reference, your transaction information is as follows:

Transaction Date: 03-31-pm
Account Name: DanielVE

Relandi
05-15-2010, 01:08 PM
DanielVE wrote:

Internet gnomes are stealing e-mails again.

I suppose for yours, it is POSSIBLE they cut off the invite wave right before you were up, so you'd be in the next wave.

Really though, any word from Virtus or Jooky why this seems to be happening?

It seems a bit too frequent to be over-anxious spam filters or plain overlooking by the receiver.

DanielVE
05-15-2010, 01:14 PM
Relandi wrote:

DanielVE wrote:

Internet gnomes are stealing e-mails again.

I suppose for yours, it is POSSIBLE they cut off the invite wave right before you were up, so you'd be in the next wave.

It seems a bit too frequent to be over-anxious spam filters or plain overlooking by the receiver.

Yeah, i guess so! But ppl the pre ordered before 31 like your friend should send a pm to xsyon, because is not fair if they dont get an invite since a guy from 31 got it

JCatano
05-15-2010, 02:04 PM
PR moment!

Relandi
05-15-2010, 02:15 PM
DanielVE wrote:

Yeah, i guess so! But ppl the pre ordered before 31 like your friend should send a pm to xsyon, because is not fair if they dont get an invite since a guy from 31 got it

Indeed, I have told him to contact them.

I'm still left wondering how/why this is happening? Virtus?? Jooky??

Diocletian
05-15-2010, 02:33 PM
check their spam folders?

Relandi
05-15-2010, 03:14 PM
Diocletian wrote:

check their spam folders?

How about you read the thread before you post?

It's been stated that is not the issue, but thanks for chipping in, slugger..

Diocletian
05-15-2010, 03:18 PM
emails generally don't disappear, unless there is a routing problem. Its also possible that isp are just bouncing them out right, but I dont know if any bounced.

Relandi
05-15-2010, 03:29 PM
Diocletian wrote:

emails generally don't disappear, unless there is a routing problem. Its also possible that isp are just bouncing them out right, but I dont know if any bounced.

Hence why I'm asking Jooky or Virtus if they can speak up.. not some IRC mod who thinks he's part of the team.

Why would their e-mails be "bounced" back by ISP's unless they have been blackflagged, or their host has been.

Again, Dio, you enjoy talking without saying much, and most the time it's not even relevant.

Diocletian
05-15-2010, 03:50 PM
Just to narrow down the problem, there are a few emails address that emails can come from.
All the important ones, the ones with the links etc etc, will come from @notorious-games.com
The website will also generate emails, and someone sent at least one mass mail. which will come from @xsyon.com

Emails from @notorious-games.com are signed with a key.

Are you receiving emails from any of these sources?

zzro
05-15-2010, 03:55 PM
Diocletian wrote:

Just to narrow down the problem, there are a few emails address that emails can come from.
All the important ones, the ones with the links etc etc, will come from @notorious-games.com
The website will also generate emails, and someone sent at least one mass mail. which will come from @xsyon.com

I use gmail, and have searched through the spam/inbox/trash folder's with keyword's frequently. Never got the mass mail you speak of. Just two to date - forum registration and pre order receipt.

DanielVE
05-15-2010, 03:57 PM
Diocletian wrote:

The only emaisl i ever received from xsyon where from @xsyon.com

I have received only 2. One when i created the account and 1 when preordered a 31/03
Never received anything else

Relandi
05-15-2010, 04:09 PM
We can all do this basic "troubleshooting" you're offering, Dio.

I also have to agree with DanielVE, I've only ever seen e-mails come from Xsyon.com and none of which are a "mass mail".

And now you see why I asked for Virtus or Jooky...

ninjabk
05-15-2010, 04:11 PM
Nah, seems he just complained and go an invite in... nice.

Relandi
05-15-2010, 04:13 PM
ninjabk wrote:

It worked for Inferno.

Diocletian
05-15-2010, 04:13 PM
I should qualify the mass mail.
Mass mail to everyone let into the game at that time.

Woops, overlooks that small fact.

inferno3387
05-15-2010, 04:15 PM
Relandi wrote:

ninjabk wrote:

It worked for Inferno.

Who said I have an account? You do know that it is possible to share someone else's account right?

Diocletian
05-15-2010, 04:16 PM
Relandi wrote:

We can all do this basic "troubleshooting" you're offering, Dio.

I also have to agree with DanielVE, I've only ever seen e-mails come from Xsyon.com and none of which are a "mass mail".

And now you see why I asked for Virtus or Jooky...

That would make sense if you are not in game yet. ;)

Relandi
05-15-2010, 04:16 PM
inferno3387 wrote:

Relandi wrote:

ninjabk wrote:

It worked for Inferno.

Who said I have an account? You do know that it is possible to share someone else's account right?

Yeah - you just happened to "share" the account more frequently after your outburst on the forums.

Though it is a nice cover story.

inferno3387
05-15-2010, 04:17 PM
Relandi wrote:

inferno3387 wrote:

Relandi wrote:

ninjabk wrote:

It worked for Inferno.

Yeah - you just happened to "share" the account more frequently after your outburst on the forums.

Though it is a nice cover story.

When?

Where?

How?

What are you talking about?!

Relandi
05-15-2010, 04:18 PM
inferno3387 wrote:

English please?

You seriously have problems reading what I wrote?

That is beyond laughable.

EDIT: Nice ninja edit, not fast enough, I got it quoted. I'm not here to play "find the forum post" with you. Those of us who have been here for awhile know exactly what I am referring to.

inferno3387
05-15-2010, 04:20 PM
Relandi wrote:

inferno3387 wrote:

English please?

You seriously have problems reading what I wrote?

That is beyond laughable.

EDIT: Nice ninja edit, not fast enough, I got it quoted. I'm not here to play "find the forum post" with you. Those of us who have been here for awhile know exactly what I am referring to.

What are you talking about? I have seriously no clue what your talking about..... :S

Link?

zzro
05-15-2010, 04:20 PM
Care to add something that we don't already know Dio? Thank you for just adding to the confusion there.

Diocletian
05-15-2010, 04:23 PM
zzro wrote:

Care to add something that we don't already know Dio? Thank you for just adding to the confusion there.

If you were let into the game, most likely the email should come form a @notorious-games domain for the most part, this might have changed without me realizing it.

ninjabk
05-15-2010, 04:23 PM
No worries, I'm sure we will all be in very soon. I have only been waiting a week or two, I'm sure most of you have been waiting alot longer =p

terter2000
05-15-2010, 05:02 PM
I don't know, when I preordered I thought people would be in by mid may.

So basically I paid money and still have not got what I ordered or was offered. Would like an email with the information or a refund here soon.

There are other games I would like to go buy and try if this just keeps getting pushed out I could spend that money on.

However, if I did get an email then the offer and acceptance are still valid. Will go double check my spamm folder.

Xsyon
05-15-2010, 05:03 PM

After just digging through our receipts there are several things happening.

- If someone ordered on the 28th, they should have received an email. If not, they should contact me.

- Some people might be off by a day as far as their order date depending on their time zone.

- Some people will say that they should have received an invite, then I see their receipt is a few weeks off from what they post. This is why I don't like to post the current cut off date. It takes time to try to verify individual receipts.

- Some players have been sharing accounts.

I'm just going down the list and we're getting in larger and more frequent groups in. I want to get everyone in as soon as possible, but this needs to be balanced as with each wave I get more questions and that takes time from development.

Please be patient, everyone will be in soon!

terter2000
05-15-2010, 05:14 PM
The one saving grace, why I haven't asked my cc company for a refund, is that no other developers take the time to answer the community like you have.

Even if the game isn't what I expected I will not mind having paid the 40.00 to help an mmo team that is community oriented like you look to be. However, I am not happy at all about having paid money already.

May 15th ....

If things keep going the way they are when would a May 1st order realistically have a chance getting in?

I wouldn't care one bit if I wasn't charged when I preordered. No other game I play has ever charged me until release day, sadly.

Jadzia
05-15-2010, 07:52 PM
terter2000 wrote:

The one saving grace, why I haven't asked my cc company for a refund, is that no other developers take the time to answer the community like you have.

Even if the game isn't what I expected I will not mind having paid the 40.00 to help an mmo team that is community oriented like you look to be. However, I am not happy at all about having paid money already.

May 15th ....

If things keep going the way they are when would a May 1st order realistically have a chance getting in?

I wouldn't care one bit if I wasn't charged when I preordered. No other game I play has ever charged me until release day, sadly.

We have been letting in larger groups and will continue to do so, hoping to get all current subscribers in the game by the middle of May.
This announcement was made on 1st of May, so their plan is to let everyone who preordered before 30th of April in the game by the middle of May. And they are getting closer, the last confirmed date which got in is 28th of March. There was a big wave of preorders at the beginning of March when the game got some publicity, and I guess there was another smaller wave around 1-2th of April when the first videos came out. The process of letting players in did speed up in the last 2 weeks, so I wouldn't be pessimistic if I were you.

About the charge....isn't this the point of preordering ? You pay before launch, taking some risk (as in the launch may get delayed, unknown features and the fact you couldn't try the game before buying it), and you get bonuses in return. Said bonuses in Xsyon are 2 months of free gameplay, a selected weapon, and minimum 2 weeks of early access before launch.

kiwibird
05-15-2010, 08:01 PM
terter2000 wrote:

If things keep going the way they are when would a May 1st order realistically have a chance getting in?No one can actually answer this question. If Xsyon gives you a date and gets it wrong (as in it goes over this date) people will complain.

The date is currently 15 June (IIRC), still this date may be pushed back by another month if the developers and Jooky isn't fully happy with the game status.

No game likes to push back its launch date, Xsyon already has a list of waiting players who will mass-purchase a copy when its released, however this hasn't speed up the process to launch the game sooner.

Llorkt
05-15-2010, 08:24 PM
Pre-ordered on may 30, just got the email.

Shrimps
05-15-2010, 08:28 PM
Given that the current day is the 15th of may, (16th in Russia), I doubt that they will accomplish their goal in time, possibly towards the end of may.

As for someone that ordered on the 31st getting in early, it seems that they are making special cases for certain people. Which is perfectly ok seeing as it's their game and they could decide to only let people who's name started with the letter D in before june, it's their game and they can do as they like.

Although I do have friends that preordered on the 29th that would like to know if they raged would they get in early too? (I believe a bit of sarcasm was involved in that statement though)

Farmerbob
05-15-2010, 08:37 PM
Can the OP please correct the spelling on the subject line of the thread?

I'm not usually a grammar or spelling cop, but seeing excpet every day is irksome :P

zasdman
05-15-2010, 08:45 PM
Personally After a laundry list of games that have been rushed to release, only to fail at its promises. I am Happy to wait until the Xsyon is happy with the game.

Isn't waiting a little longer for a complete game better than a hurried game missing half its features anyway...?

Kunra
05-15-2010, 08:48 PM
*eats popcorn*

Love Drama.

zasdman
05-15-2010, 09:10 PM
Games being pushed back is not a new thing though. I just wish other developers would take some lessons here...

But what are ya going to do, either way you have people complaining...

krakken
05-15-2010, 11:07 PM
i just got another mail this morning
i'm shure xsyon is doing what he can!

krakken
05-15-2010, 11:12 PM
Farmerbob wrote:

I'm not usually a grammar or spelling cop, but seeing excpet every day is irksome :P

just for you dude ... just for you :woohoo:
sorry for my bad english spelling!

Farmerbob
05-15-2010, 11:18 PM
krakken wrote:

Farmerbob wrote:

just for you dude ... just for you :woohoo:
sorry for my bad english spelling!

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I'm no spelling angel myself with a missing finger and whatnot, and I know that not everyone speaks English as a primary language - but that word just drew my eyes every single time, painfully :)

zzro
05-15-2010, 11:55 PM
While you are at it....

"can we excpet anything else then pay money??"

Could we get that changed?

"can we excpet anything else then to pay money??"

<3 :kiss: <3 :woohoo: <3

krakken
05-16-2010, 12:12 AM
zzro wrote:

While you are at it....

"can we excpet anything else then pay money??"

Could we get that changed?

"can we excpet anything else then to pay money??"

<3 :kiss: <3 :woohoo: <3

no sorry don't be to fussy
i have to set some limits, and of course you are not f-bob :laugh:

zzro
05-16-2010, 12:18 AM
gank inc </3

Hammon
05-16-2010, 03:16 AM
prokop15 wrote:

zasdman wrote:

Games being pushed back is not a new thing though. I just wish other developers would take some lessons here...

Sorry for offending you with my belief that individuals and industries should better themselves as time goes on. I'm not saying anything about Xsyon, but this whole "Games always get pushed back" talk is just dumb.

When you go to McDonald's and they fuck up your order daily do you just shrug and go, "Mistakes happen :) :)"?

That was an impressively weak analogy. Creating an MMO is several orders of magnitude more time consuming and involved (years) than crafting a fast food order (minutes). The odds of accurately projecting the exact day that a title will be finished, months or even years in advance, is nearly impossible. Unless you are prepared to potentially ship with major features missing, or broken, just to meet your originally stated date.

zasdman
05-16-2010, 06:30 AM
Hammon wrote:

prokop15 wrote:

zasdman wrote:

Sorry for offending you with my belief that individuals and industries should better themselves as time goes on. I'm not saying anything about Xsyon, but this whole "Games always get pushed back" talk is just dumb.

When you go to McDonald's and they fuck up your order daily do you just shrug and go, "Mistakes happen :) :)"?

That was an impressively weak analogy. Creating an MMO is several orders of magnitude more time consuming and involved (years) than crafting a fast food order (minutes). The odds of accurately projecting the exact day that a title will be finished, months or even years in advance, is nearly impossible. Unless you are prepared to potentially ship with major features missing, or broken, just to meet your originally stated date.

If I got offended by everyone that replied to my posts I would have slit my wrists and be another statistic in internet bullying...

I was really only focusing my posts towards the OP, just with a little help on your side :)

As far as the McDonalds thing... There are 3 of them I no longer go to because they can't get my orders right ;)

And I agree with Hammon. I know first hand how tough it is to develop a game, good thing its only for fun though :)

All I was trying to say from my 1st post was that waiting a little longer for a great game is better than instant satisfaction with a mediocre game... I am just glad that Xsyon is listening to himself rather than the raging whiners about the readiness of his game.

GaelicWarlord
05-16-2010, 06:54 AM
krakken wrote:

and that was all so for.

All I can really tell you man is just try to be patient. Beta's getting pushed back is nothing new for MMO's, and if you follow the Prelude section for those who preordered, and keep tabs on the forums, this is where Jooky is updating most people. Its much easier for him to do so here, and he needs to allocate his time to more important matters, then sending out emails to everyone. Release got pushed back another month, and it could be pushed back even longer, though from what I am seeing, Jooky seems confident final wipe will be in June. At any rate, I'm sure it'll be well worth the wait in the end. And regardless of when the game is released, you're still getting your money's worth.

Just keep in mind, they are bringing people in on a first-come, first-serve basis, and so its a bit queued up as of right now. Shouldn't be more than a week or two though until the rest of Xsyon Pre-Orders are in.

DonViper
05-16-2010, 09:48 AM
<--- going out off his hide waiting for this game but still keeping his cool knowing his time will come soon the next few days even, shivers at the amount of GF agro he will recive for playing to mutch. happy that the dev's have been as informative as they have been not manny that do most just ignore the players giving weak info causing anger. is sorry for speaking in 3ed person but I WHANT TO PLAY

Kunra
05-16-2010, 09:25 PM
I am just hoping I am in before the Memorial Weekend(sans multiple updates, Dial-up isn't condusive to multiple updayes per day).

Munion
05-17-2010, 07:11 AM
Kunra wrote:

I am just hoping I am in before the Memorial Weekend(sans multiple updates, Dial-up isn't condusive to multiple updayes per day).

To be honest, I'm surprised you can do any multiplayer gaming on dial -up nowadays.

Kunra
05-17-2010, 07:45 AM
Munion wrote:

Kunra wrote:

To be honest, I'm surprised you can do any multiplayer gaming on dial -up nowadays.

Tbh, it's not that bad except for downloading(which I can do at work with cable).

Primavera
05-17-2010, 08:02 AM
Kunra wrote:

Munion wrote:

Kunra wrote:

Tbh, it's not that bad except for downloading(which I can do at work with cable).

What speed is it - 56.6? I did similar, played WoW on 56.6 for a while when it was first released and did the downloads at work, it wasnt actually that laggy even in mass pvp. Mind you, WoW is very undemanding systemwise, part of the reason for its big success imo. I used to play raid pvp in Alterac Valley (40v40 pvp instance) on a laptop with integrated graphics. If other developers took a leaf out of Blizzards book on this front there might be a few more successful MMOs in the world.

Given that Xsyon looks like its gone the demanding graphics route, it'll quite possibly be demanding on bandwidth too so I'm guessing you may be in for some laggy gameplay.