PDA

View Full Version : 07/15/2020 - Feedback Request - Pets Patch - Live Servers

Xsyon
07-15-2020, 09:23 PM
Please post regarding any new issues you find with the latest Pets patch on the live servers.

Also feel free to post any suggestions for quick improvements or additions to Pets. If you have suggestions for major changes please post those in the Suggestions section.

Thanks!

Wyry
07-15-2020, 11:28 PM
Thank you very much for making the pets accessable :)

I had some findings, especially on Founders Isle which is "no danger" zone. Several animals are stuck in the walls or trees. I cannot attack them, they do not attack me. Would you please kill all those animals which are stuck all around the walls of founders isle? Three examples are in the screenshot attached. Can you maybe protect Founders Isle completely against animals?

Wyry
07-15-2020, 11:32 PM
a) I realized that legendary animals can no longer be renamed. Was it ever intended to be renamed?
b) There is even a black bear on Founders Isle, and a Hornback thingy attacked me, too, it had about 4k HP (have no screenshot of this one)

Wyry
07-16-2020, 02:46 AM
I crafted a stable called "First one" and put a bear inside. Later, I renamed the stable to "One". However, when I view the bear inside the stable, its name was still the old one.

Workaround is to summon the bear, then put it in the stable again, after this the stable name is shown correctly.

Wyry
07-16-2020, 02:49 AM
I tried to tame more animals. My taming skill was 47, but the error message said my skill needs to be 32.00 in one case, 0.00 in the other case. Does this error message mean some other skill than the taming one? Please see screenshots.

Wyry
07-16-2020, 02:57 AM
I had one very strange case which is difficult to reproduce: I had tamed an animal, set it to follow. At Hideout it managed to get inside the area which is surrounded by platforms. I had set its home to this location. Then I stabled it into the stable called Four.

As soon as I selected "show" It walked outward of the stable, back to the location which I had set its home location. It simply passed the platforms as if they were not there. But it was still listed in the stable as being in it. Please see screenshot.

If I can reproduce this case I will let you know.

Xsyon
07-18-2020, 02:34 PM
I restarted the servers with a small patch.

1) I removed the creatures stuck on Founders and will keep an eye on that. I think they are getting stuck trying to migrate from nearby zones and can't find a path around the big walls there. I will find a solution for that.

2) Legendary animals should be able to be renamed. They must be max 'level', so only Ancient Legendary creatures can be renamed. If you find one of these that can't be renamed, let me know. (They can only be named once, so only if they have the default title).

3) Updating your stable name should also now update the stable name for any current stabled pets.

4) I believe the taming messages are fixed. This needs to be checked a bit more.

5) I adjusted taming a bit so that it relies a bit more on skill and a bit less on feeding.

6) I can't reproduce that last issue but if it happens again, let me know the exact steps.

Thanks!

Wyry
07-18-2020, 10:13 PM
Thank you very much for the update and the explanations :) For the legendary ones, I had only looked at the word Legendary, but not if they are ancient or not. Probably this was the thing which confused me. All thumps up for your constant work! :)

Bejaymac
07-20-2020, 03:33 AM
One observation, standing on buildings makes taming easier and a lot safer, animals wont attack you while you are on the building.

Whorlok
07-20-2020, 08:32 PM
Pet Patch is nice ...) Now we need the attack skill and It would be nice if they could give the attack order in the city as well. So you could build an arena in the city and have pet fights like POKEMON. Who is the best PETMASTER ...:)

Xsyon
07-24-2020, 12:30 AM
One observation, standing on buildings makes taming easier and a lot safer, animals wont attack you while you are on the building.

Yes, I think that's ok.

Xsyon
07-24-2020, 12:31 AM
Now we need the attack skill and It would be nice if they could give the attack order in the city as well. So you could build an arena in the city and have pet fights like POKEMON. Who is the best PETMASTER ...:)

This will definitely be possible as player pets can fight each other on the War Server.

Bejaymac
07-24-2020, 03:13 AM
Animals wont fight back if they like/love you, so in theory you could feed, hit, feed, hit until you kill it.

Simple fix, second you hit it instant dislike, then it will either run or pound you into a bloody mess.

Xsyon
07-24-2020, 09:31 AM
Animals wont fight back if they like/love you, so in theory you could feed, hit, feed, hit until you kill it.

Simple fix, second you hit it instant dislike, then it will either run or pound you into a bloody mess.

I'll check that. They are supposed to just not attack first if they like you, but if you attack them they are supposed to instantly dislike and attack you. I'll see what changed and fix it.

Thanks!

Willowhawk
07-24-2020, 01:39 PM
I first want to say this is a great edition to the game and adds so much to the game play. Good work, it's been lots of fun!

I do have one bug so far. I first built one stable and filled it with pets. Then built another and decided to move some of those pets over to the new stable. No problem so far. Then I released the last pet from the first stable (again no problems) until I went to stable it again and I got a message saying the stable is full even though it was completely empty.

Nothing I tried would resolve the issue. I tried moving some of the other pets back but got the same message. So I decided to dismantle the stable and rebuild it. Then I got the message " You must first release all pets from this stable" even though it's completely empty.

So I can't stable pets or dismantle the stables so it's stuck there unusable.

It looks like it recognizes when you add pets, but not when you remove them so it thinks they are still there.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14aDwbpTVP7dMjjKf4A5-ODrw1bfRQ3h1/view?usp=sharing

Xsyon
07-24-2020, 04:38 PM
I do have one bug so far. I first built one stable and filled it with pets. Then built another and decided to move some of those pets over to the new stable. No problem so far. Then I released the last pet from the first stable (again no problems) until I went to stable it again and I got a message saying the stable is full even though it was completely empty.

Is this problem happening today? Or did it happen a few days ago? I patched a quick fix for this issue but maybe it didn't fix all causes.

Thanks!

Willowhawk
07-24-2020, 05:32 PM
This was last night, but I did log in this morning to test it again and it still won't let me add pets or dismantle the stable. I'm heading home in a few, so I will test it again to confirm.

EDIT:

Confirmed the stable is still locked up. Can't stable pets or dismantle.

Xsyon
07-24-2020, 07:02 PM
I just had a thought about this. When you released your last pet, did you assign it to a new stable? Or at least a new 'home' location? If not, the stable would still have the pet listed because the stable would still be that pet's home location.

Making sure all your pets are assigned to a new stable should be a temporary solution to allow you to dismantle that stable.

I'll have to adjust the code to make sure that empty stables are considered empty even if pets still have that stable assigned as a home location.

Willowhawk
07-24-2020, 07:48 PM
Nope, I built another stable and now I have two stables with no pets in either of them yet both say full. :rolleyes:

I stable all the pets to a second stables with no problems, then moved them all to another (third stable) with no problems until I attempted to move them back to the second stable. Now the second stable says full even though there are no pets. So now I have two stables that say empty until you try to stable a pet, or dismantle. So I've been able to replicate it by building another stable and moving all the pets out of that stable. That seems to create the problem. So now the first two stables can't be dismantled or used for pets.

It seems as long as there is one pet in the stable, you can continue to move other pets in or out with no problem, but once the last pet is moved out it's completely locked.

Edit:

Well I was wrong on the leaving one pet. The third stable I built has one pet in it and I can no longer stable other pets there either. Same message "This stable is full" even though its just one pet inside.

Xsyon
07-25-2020, 10:57 AM
I found some potential causes for these problems, especially when summoning a pet and then stabling that pet again (instead of using 'send home').

I've fixed the problems on the Test Server (through the launcher only for now). If everything works ok there, I will patch the fixes to the main servers.

Note: I've turned on some changes to the UI on the Test Server. These are unfinished and I'll start another thread later for feedback on those.

Thanks!

MrDDT
07-25-2020, 03:08 PM
Thanks Xsyon, looking forward to the interface feedback thread.

Wyry
07-27-2020, 11:26 PM
I went out for taming another pet today and went to Founders Isle ... A mutant made its way to there, and I even saw a revenant!

Would you please take another look how they managed to get there? Coordinates please see screenshots. :) Thank you very much!

Wyry
07-28-2020, 12:25 AM
Found another issue where the messages are a bit misleading: I have full love of the deer, but the message keeps telling me that I should try feeding the animal first. Please see screenshot.

With another mutant I got the correct message that I need to have taming on 100 first, so maybe this deer above just hits some border between tamable and skill too low?? Taming skill is 52 currently.

Xsyon
07-28-2020, 09:17 AM
I've patched a small update that should fix issues with dismantling stables due to incorrect pet counts in the stables.

About the mutant and revenant on Founder's Isle: Although it's a 'no danger' zone, creatures on Founder's aren't affected by the migration system. Those creatures could have followed a player there and then end up getting blocked by the big walls. I'll see what I can do about these situations.

About the message that you should try feeding the animal first, when did this happen? I did patch a small patch yesterday with some adjustments to that.

Wyry
07-28-2020, 12:03 PM
Thank you very much :) My experience with feeding the animal first was about 1 hour before the posting. When I meet a mutant again I will check if it still happens. Thanks for all of your caring :D

thurgond
07-30-2020, 10:13 PM
After attempting to tame high level animals when I have the skill but not the stats, I get "Try feeding this animal" as a failure message. There is a plateback bear within my walls. After feeding her, I was getting a "You must have 51 skill with perfect stats" message. Raised my skill above 51 and then got the "Try feeding" message.

MrDDT
07-31-2020, 11:36 AM
I think mutant pets are way to strong. They have the same HP as other mutants allowing people to by-pass the need for groups. You tame yourself a mutant pet, then use it to attack mutants.

My idea is maybe lower the damage tame's can do, or lower their defense values greatly. (Maybe even to 0)

Xsyon
07-31-2020, 03:43 PM
Regarding the incorrect 'Try feeding this animal' message: I think the problem is that the creature's attitude is constantly decreasing. So, even after you feed it to the max, it may have decreased a bit before you attempt to tame. If your skill is close to the required skill, the message can end up being incorrect because of this.

What I've done to fix this (on the Test Server) is count the creature's attitude as max if it is 45 or above (of 50 max). I tested this and it seems fine now. If any of you seem to get incorrect messages on the Test Server still, let me know.

Regarding pet mutants being too strong: I was thinking the same. Reducing their defense might be an easy solution and I'll look at that first.

MrDDT
08-03-2020, 03:51 PM
After more testing with tamed animals.

They need to be GREATLY nerfed, after tamed they need to be much less HP, and damage cut by over 1/2. Removing the armor is only going to effectively low their HP by 30 to 50%.

Having said that, I also think their "attack" movement speed is bugged or way to slow.

The ease to tame the most powerful mutants is way to easy. I seen someone tame them with 63 taming and 90CHA on the first try a Shadowbear.

Xsyon
08-07-2020, 12:51 PM
The Test Server is up with a few changes:

1) Pets should not be able to attack Players or other Pets. I am running a Peace Server build on the Test Server.

2) I made a few adjustments to Pets in combat:

- Mutant pets don't use armor absorption
- Mutant pets take double damage.
- All pets do half damage.

3) Attack movement speed has been set to run instead of walking.

Notes

1) I will look at the taming skills. The required skill varies based on the age and power of the creature. The amount of variation and effect of food is probably too much.

MrDDT
08-07-2020, 04:27 PM
1) Tested confirmed this works, and they will stay in place if you try. Also can't attack peoples pets (still, good)

2) This helps a lot however, I don't think its enough.
With my shadowbear I can kill all the mutants other than even level shadowbears. So if you want mutants to be group kill only, something has to be nerfed about pets, mostly just the mutant pets.

3) Confirmed this is working, and helps out a greatly.

1(NOTE)
I noticed that no animals take cooked food as a food, is this intended?

MrDDT
08-07-2020, 04:38 PM
I noticed that the age in the pets window does not seem to be working. It always tells me age 21.