PDA

View Full Version : 09/01/2020- Feedback Request - Mounts & Pets

Xsyon
09-01-2020, 10:25 AM
Mounts are now live!

Please post any current issues, questions or suggestions regarding mounts, pets and creatures in general here.

There are a few suggestions and improvements currently on my list:

1) Add key binds for pet actions.

2) Allow backing up on mounts.

3) Re-implement energy use for creatures including energy use for mounts.

4) Adjust creatures combat leveling based on the creature type. (Mutants and bears would require more kills to reach legendary than chicken for example)

5) Set up cooked food effects for pets.

6) Reduce health regeneration for creatures in active combat.

7) Adjust breeding to ensure enough baby mutants exist.

8) Further improve distance checks for creatures fighting on slopes.

If I missed anything or if there are any new suggestions, please post here.

Thanks and enjoy!

Toppers
09-01-2020, 12:51 PM
2 things i have noticed since the pets patch. I see someone riding a bear and I can not click on the person or the bear as they will not say who is on it. Before I could click on the person and see there names. Also noticed when they run into water and come out they still have the water sound that is made

MrDDT
09-01-2020, 09:46 PM
Non mutant pets are very large. The mounts are way to big.

MrDDT
09-02-2020, 07:43 AM
I thought we were going to get bind keys for pet commands. Is this later?

Xsyon
09-02-2020, 07:29 PM
I've updated the live servers with a few creature related changes:

1) You should be able to select a player riding a mount easier.

2) Crashes related to mounts in water fixed. (This may also have happened with just players in water)

Questions / Answers

1) Key binds for pet commands will be for another patch (after any minor issues with this patch are fixed).

2) I will continue to work on scaling creatures and adjusting bounds.

Thanks!

NobleKnight
09-04-2020, 06:53 PM
Some babies are way to small, I experienced an issue where I thought I was getting attacked by an invisible animal, but after I died I saw something about the size of my characters big toe scurry away, a tiny black speck I wasn't fast enough to click on.

MrDDT
09-04-2020, 07:59 PM
1) Confirmed you can select players on mounts now.

2) This seems to be working fine for me.

NobleKnight
09-06-2020, 11:16 PM
Opening an Arch project while mounted (for example just to see what mats it needs) then closing it, or running away from it will cause an issue the next time you want to open that project, while mounted or not. Get a message saying its already opened, but its not. Changing zones doesn't fix it, I've needed to relog to open it again.

Xsyon
09-07-2020, 01:18 AM
1) I need to finish scaling all creatures. (It's just a tedious task and I'm trying to wrap up the next 'suggestions patch' for public testing.

2) I'll look into arch projects while mounted. It's not something I even tried to do. ;-)

MrDDT
09-10-2020, 01:08 PM
While mounted pulling a cart, moving a bin around from that cart will cause it to double. Its more graphical than anything.

MrDDT
09-11-2020, 10:41 AM
Someone reported that they spawned in their base after death with their cart, it happened while mounted or getting off their mount as they died.

Xsyon
09-18-2020, 01:01 AM
Currently on the Test Server:

1) Regular creature scales adjusted. I will probably continue adjusting these. If any specific creatures still seem too big or too small please note that here.

2) All construction commands should be blocked while you are mounted. If there are any other actions that probably should be blocked please let me know.

Questions / Answers

1) I can't reproduce death porting with a cart. When I die mounted both the mount and cart are removed. If there is a trick to rapidly dismount on death to cause this issue, I'm not fast enough to reproduce it. If anyone can reproduce this, please post exact steps.

Thanks!

QARDALA
09-18-2020, 07:35 AM
Currently on the Test Server:

1) Regular creature scales adjusted, Black Bear now is a good size, please make the mutant animals a little bigger some are so tiny, please make the Shadow and plate back bears the same size as black bears they are a bit small

meatkeeper
09-18-2020, 09:30 AM
it happend after my cart ended up being invisible, something attacked me so i demounted but even though i couldint see my cart it must have still been atached to me, and when i died it spawned with me at my tribe and i could see it agin, also i was lagging pretty bad that day and i have played some games where people had issues with lag that have impacted glitchs before, especially being able to hit people when shooting at them in fps, or even playing on youre own ghost server in some rockstar games

meatkeeper
09-18-2020, 10:53 AM
i cant ever find baby mutants to tame if you can tame them at all anymore.. it be nice to just tame mutants like you could before that was a nice feature, i mean whats the point of having high level taming if you cant get better and better pets?

saltyfish
09-18-2020, 11:07 AM
i dont understand why we cant just tame adult mutants either, it would be so much more simple for us and it seems you too

Wilson423
09-18-2020, 06:05 PM
Is there plans for an auto attack / guard / defend feature with pets? Example: My Manx should jump in to combat when something attacks me from behind.

Jeckyll
09-19-2020, 07:35 AM
It would be nice if there was an easy way to take your pet out of combat. Currently you personally have to get out of combat then click set to follow which feels a bit clunky especially if you're running for your life. This is probably rarely an issue once your pet matures but if you're training a very young bear for example they can and do die. Maybe after both the pet and owner are in combat the action of the owner leaving combat (pressing C) will also take the pet out of combat.

Wilson423
09-19-2020, 07:37 AM
I have noticed pets set to attack animals among trees or with no line of sight will not attack just stay there. You have to move, set follow, then attack when you have a clear path to the prey.
They will also get stuck in trees when following until you are far enough away for them to warp to you.

MrDDT
09-19-2020, 07:43 AM
It would be nice if there was an easy way to take your pet out of combat. Currently you personally have to get out of combat then click set to follow which feels a bit clunky especially if you're running for your life. This is probably rarely an issue once your pet matures but if you're training a very young bear for example they can and do die. Maybe after both the pet and owner are in combat the action of the owner leaving combat (pressing C) will also take the pet out of combat.

I would not like this to happen. This would cause issues with making the pet go into combat without the owner.

He is making bind keys for pets more so that is likely to fix the issue.

You can also click the pet to "stay" if you want it to stop attacking.

You can also summon another pet. Or send it home. Sending it home insta removes the pet from combat. Then if you want it back, click summon again, it's insta back at your side.
Once he puts in bindable keys to summon, and command your pets. This will not be a problem at all.

Wilson423
09-19-2020, 07:45 AM
Maybe when pet hotkeys come out this will be better. I imagine instances when you would want to leave combat and have the pet keep attacking.

@MrDDT Yup, but I understand the frustration of run, key press, click, while trying to fight when you have seconds to react.. =D Just like trying to forage and having something attack from behind. You have to cancel action, run, turn, mouse select, click attack, hotkey combat, then you can fight.

Jeckyll
09-19-2020, 07:55 AM
When mounted and riding down a slope the mount will jump on steep parts that would cause the rider to jump if they weren't mounted. I suspect that they actually jump more often because they are moving quicker but I don't know this for sure.

Wild animals chasing you down the slope never jump. There is a delay between when you and your mount land and when you start to run again. Wild animals just keep coming and can get in attacks while all this jump/stop/go happens.

I was surprised when my mounts started to do as they don't in the wild. Is it possible to make it so mounted pets run down the side of slopes like their wild counterparts ie no jumping? Or is it possible to slow the wild animals down or make them jump too?

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting this so that when mounted we could go down steeper inclines than we can on foot but rather when mounted the incline we remains the same as on foot but the jump part is eliminated.

Jeckyll
09-19-2020, 08:00 AM
I would not like this to happen. This would cause issues with making the pet go into combat without the owner.

He is making bind keys for pets more so that is likely to fix the issue.

You can also click the pet to "stay" if you want it to stop attacking.

You can also summon another pet. Or send it home. Sending it home insta removes the pet from combat. Then if you want it back, click summon again, it's insta back at your side.
Once he puts in bindable keys to summon, and command your pets. This will not be a problem at all.

The leaving combat when the player leaves was just a suggestion. I'm sure there are other ways to implement it. As long as hot keys have a configurable keybind then that would work. If it requires a mouse click (as the pet bar does now) then you still have to exit combat to free up the mouse to click the button.

Wilson423
09-20-2020, 07:42 AM
Suggestion: We can eat and drink while riding, can we implement staying in motion instead of stopping? Currently the animation stays the same but come to a dead stop when I start to eat or drink.

edit: because I actually check it...lol

MrDDT
09-20-2020, 10:48 PM
While mounted animals seem to chase you much faster than they should.