PDA

View Full Version : 09/01/2020- Feedback Request - Interface & General

Xsyon
09-01-2020, 10:28 AM
Please post any feedback regarding the user interface changes or other non creature aspects of the latest patch here.

I will fix any minor problems reported as quick as possible. Hopefully there aren't any!

Thanks!

NobleKnight
09-01-2020, 04:50 PM
Dropping food on the 2 empty slots next to your hands (I believe they're combat slots, or something) and the hiding icon makes my food vanish. No "you can't equip that here" message as normal.

Xsyon
09-01-2020, 05:56 PM
Dropping food on the 2 empty slots next to your hands (I believe they're combat slots, or something) and the hiding icon makes my food vanish. No "you can't equip that here" message as normal.

I've patched a quick fix for this. Can you confirm that it's fixed now?

Thanks!

Wilson423
09-01-2020, 07:44 PM
2 things:
H is set to cancel action but brings up a menu.
Moving items on inventory screen or in bag removes them from the action bar. (example: If in combat i decide to change from my axe to my shovel both are removed from terra/farming and logging actions) I think they should stay until removed, replaced or taken off your character. Also removed when moving in bins/pouches.

NobleKnight
09-01-2020, 08:05 PM
I've patched a quick fix for this. Can you confirm that it's fixed now?

Thanks!

Just relogged and downloaded the patch, can confirm "You cannot equip this here" message on all 3 now working. Thanks!

thurgond
09-01-2020, 08:11 PM
Right clicking items on back (grass, branches) does not move those items to the crafting menu. They have to be dragged to the scheme.

NobleKnight
09-01-2020, 08:14 PM
Sorry for the double post. Another UI related issue: when assigning a key to the eat/drink actions in the keybinds, there's sometimes an issue with secondary resources. For example when I'm on the beach if I happen to "find" a shell, the icon flickers really fast between shell and salt. I have to click really fast, and I'll either get shells or salt. Other areas don't flicker that I've seen.

Second; on death the "skills" bar (scaving foraging, plus any ground resources) disappears, to get it back you have to go into the keybinds and figure out which bar it is (default is page down). This is a bit confusing as a few people thought it was resources, not skills. Perhaps bring back the shovel icon on the bottom to show both the skills and resource menus?

Jexawocky
09-01-2020, 09:34 PM
Placing an axe in the new logging slot works just fine, walk up to a tree, and you can fell the tree. When you go to chop it into logs however, you get the 'need to equip an axe in your hand' warning. So, you have to take your axe and put it in your hand. Which now removes it from the new logging slot. Also, if your shovel was in your hand and you moved that to the terraforming and farming slots ....those also get removed when you put the axe in your hand. So. chopping a tree into logs should be associated with the logging slot as well, to keep things streamlined.

Jexawocky
09-01-2020, 11:12 PM
Also @Wilson....remove or rebind the keybind for 'help' and you'll get your interupt/cancel back. Both are currently bound to 'H' so help is taking priority.

Wilson423
09-02-2020, 03:20 PM
Yup... just wanted to let the boss know to put on the list..;)
Also, when you put the axe in hand to chop the fallen tree you cant drop another tree until the axe is in the action slot, even tho you have it in your hand.

Wilson423
09-02-2020, 03:49 PM
For the List: Clicking Apply in the bind key menu turns all action bars on. NumLock does the same when UI is turned back on.

Xsyon
09-02-2020, 07:37 PM
The live servers have been patched with the following changes:

1) The tools in your action bar slots should now be removed only if you actually remove the item from your inventory (destroying the item, moving it to an external container, trading it, etc.) This needs to be tested for all possible scenarios.

2) The default key bind for the Help Panel has been set as the '/' key to avoid overlap with the 'H' key bound to the interrupt action.

3) Assigning keys to Eat and Drink is disabled. That's for a future patch.

4) The resource bar should not turn off when you die.

5) Chopping trees to logs uses the axe in your logging action slot.

6) Right clicking on your bundle (grass, twigs, etc.) from the Packs action bar to the crafting menu should work now.

MrDDT
09-03-2020, 08:45 AM
Parry not working anymore

Xsyon
09-03-2020, 11:45 AM
I just patched a few fixes to the main servers:

1) Parry fixed (the key binds were messed up, that's all)

2) When you apply key binds or options or hide and unhide the interface the craft action bar should not open up. (The other action bars should stay on).

3) You should not be able to bury a totem by terraforming from a high location. This is a fix for this bug report (https://www.xsyon.com/project.php?issueid=2719).

MrDDT
09-03-2020, 12:57 PM
Parry confirmed fixed.

Bind keys/Options fix confirmed no longer opens that action bar.

Question, I can post this in suggestions but figured you were working on interface. When you die, or on a relog many times your bags/map, skills/stats need to be reopened. Is there a way it can save those like other the bars? So they can be open even after death or relogs?

Wilson423
09-03-2020, 06:47 PM
When chopping a felled tree animation uses weapon in hand or empty handed if hands are empty. It does not switch to the axe.
Same with lighting fire and the knife.

Xsyon
09-04-2020, 05:24 AM
I've patched a few more changes, through the launcher only. I'll patch this update through Steam later today.

1) Chopping logs and firewood and starting fires should equip the correct tool / weapon.

2) The open state for interface panels are saved and reopen after death revival and logging off and back on. The panels that save their open state include your pack and pouches, stats, skills, map, terraforming, inventory and the crafting action bar.

MrDDT
09-04-2020, 07:37 AM
1)Confirmed working

However, when I chop something and it puts it into my right hand in the animation. The left had (if full) still is there. So it looks odd while doing the animation.

2)Confirmed working. I did have to resave my layout.

MrDDT
09-04-2020, 08:22 AM
When you did farming before and had the farming window open it would show all the plant status around you. Can we put that back in when we have the terraforming/farming window open now?

chojinuk
09-05-2020, 04:41 PM
ok im stupid.. where has the green experience bar gone ? is that removed now ?

thurgond
09-05-2020, 05:48 PM
ok im stupid.. where has the green experience bar gone ? is that removed now ?

The green experience bar has been replaced with the repurposed yellow attack charge bar (lightning bolt).

chojinuk
09-05-2020, 06:30 PM
The green experience bar has been replaced with the repurposed yellow attack charge bar (lightning bolt).

Thank you very much for the fast reply and info :)
i can now continue monitoring grinding progress

Wilson423
09-06-2020, 06:50 PM
The taming animation while swimming is a bit... odd. hahaha

Xsyon
09-07-2020, 01:16 AM
1) Yes, the swing power yellow bar is now the xp bar. Would it help if I changed the lightning bolt to the letters 'xp'?

2) I'll look into that taming animation in water. (Or maybe just block taming in water, it's kind of strange).

3) I think I will bring back the farming panel and set up icons there for 'water all', 'fertilize all' etc.

Wilson423
09-07-2020, 06:11 AM
The animation made me laugh. I mean, what is he doing to tame that dog..lol

The farming idea is great. It's hard to click on those small plants!

Thank you for the hard work!

Wilson423
09-07-2020, 11:57 AM
I have noticed with bin inventories that I used to be able to select and drag the window by clicking a empty grid. Now it has to be the title bar.
Moving items inside a bin inventory window cancels some actions (fishing, eating, etc).

MrDDT
09-07-2020, 12:17 PM
1)
2) I'll look into that taming animation in water. (Or maybe just block taming in water, it's kind of strange).

3) I think I will bring back the farming panel and set up icons there for 'water all', 'fertilize all' etc.

2)I think taming in water should still be an option. Can we just change the animation?

3)What do you mean "water all"? You talking like an area around the plant or the plant itself only?
Wow thanks, this is going to be awesome!

Jexawocky
09-09-2020, 01:26 PM
I believe changing the lightning bolt to the letters 'XP' would help a lot. Most would then see it themselves and those that don't ...would make it easier for us to point out.

I would like the taming in water to stay an option. Yes, maybe it's a bit odd, but many times it happens (for me) when I'm trying to feed something and it's running away, I catch it in the water. Useful when I'm trying to feed multiple animals in an area and to keep them somewhat near while I work with them.

I too would like the farm panel back, it was useful to help watch things while working, know where you were and which plants needed tending, etc.

MrDDT
09-12-2020, 02:43 PM
A lot of the crafting windows still move even if not using the top bar. I understand you are redoing this crafting window system, so maybe it's not needed.

Xsyon
09-18-2020, 01:13 AM
Currently on the Test Server:

1) The farming panel is back and should work as before. I plan to improve it with the 'water all' and similar commands in a future patch. (Not likely the next patch though).

2) The lightning symbol has been replaced by 'xp'. This applies to the all servers through the launcher. I haven't yet patched this change through Steam.

Still on my list:

1) Adjusting the handle for other panels. I'll do this over time as I plan to revise the crafting panel anyways.

2) Correct the taming animation while swimming.

Am I missing any other interface related issues?

Thanks!