PDA

View Full Version : 06/21/2021 - Feedback Request - Interface Updates - Main Servers

Xsyon
06-21-2021, 11:44 AM
The Main Servers are up with changes I've made to the Interface and interactions so far. Here's what can be checked and tested:

Edit 06/23/2021: The following changes have been patched to the Main Servers as no problems were reported. If you encounter any issues with the current patch, please post here.

1) Top menu mode.

When selecting an object or creature, the buttons for interacting with the object show up at the top of the screen as part of the selection / interaction panel (removing the need for right clicking the object).

You can switch between this Top Menu mode and Right Click mode using the Menu Mode option in the Options panel.

2) Escape key.

Hitting the Escape key with an object or creature selected should simply clear your selection. Hitting the Escape key with nothing selected will bring up the Logout / Exit / Help panel as usual. Hitting the Escape key with that panel open should just close the panel.

3) Selection in combat mode.

You can now select and interact with objects in combat mode. While in combat mode, hovering the mouse cursor over an object should show 'Press and hold E to interact'. Pressing E will select the highlighted object or creature and display the top menu of interaction buttons. Holding E temporarily allows you to use the cursor in Interface mode. Using a button that brings up a secondary panel (Permissions, Label, etc.) will still you in Interface mode until you are done with that panel.

Pressing E with nothing highlighted will deselect your current selection.

This should make combat mode function more like the standard mode in most 'survival sandbox' games. I may eventually set up a centered radial button menu instead of the top buttons as an option.

4) Removed timer bar and animations on:
- Opening a container
- Setting locks on a building / container
- Setting permissions on a building / container

5) Cart closing.

Using / attaching a cart automatically closes the open cart and associated open cart containers.

6) Additional hot keys

Hot keys / key binds have been set up for the Pet commands and Packs.

Hot keys for the various separate crafts have been removed from the key bind panel as I will be patching the new combined crafting panel instead.

7) Selection change.

While in standard Interface (non combat) mode if you have a selected object and are holding down both the right and left mouse buttons to move around, releasing the left button won't deselect your current selection.

8) Q & E Turns removed.

I removed the default Q & E keys to turn your character as I think they are confusing and are not really the best way to turn. Players should be holding down the right mouse button and using the mouse to turn.

Does anyone here use Q & E? I've completely removed them for now but if anyone wants them in as an option I could set that back up.

Whorlok
06-21-2021, 11:27 PM
I think it is perfect

DjangoSilard
06-22-2021, 11:47 PM
"Does anyone here use Q & E? I've completely removed them for now but if anyone wants them in as an option I could set that back up." I rebinded them, q for combat mode and e to parry. Also shift for sprint, x to walk. More convinient. And don't belive that anyone is using q and e for turning.

xyberviri
06-23-2021, 10:31 PM
I can probably get use to playing with out it, but i do then to use Q & E. When you hold the middle mouse button to look you can no longer turn, so you need Q and E to turn.

They can be left unbound and people can just go in and configure the option if they want it.

Xsyon
06-24-2021, 02:55 AM
I can probably get use to playing with out it, but i do then to use Q & E. When you hold the middle mouse button to look you can no longer turn, so you need Q and E to turn.

They can be left unbound and people can just go in and configure the option if they want it.

Do you usually use the middle mouse button to look around instead of the right button? It was intended to be used specifically when players want to look around without turning their character, while when they do want to turn they just use the right mouse button.

DjangoSilard
06-24-2021, 05:04 AM
About crafting window :"If the real issue is just that the panel covers the screen, I could make the panel more transparent or set it an option for the panel to be more transparent." Yes, it covers almost quarter of screen in UI scale 100 and can't see if i'm close enough to needed container to open it. Making it transparent could be great.

dcosper
06-24-2021, 07:43 AM
I have had an issue that has occurred twice, although so far i am unable to force it to happen, so i will try to explain it.

The new crafting UI allows you to set the max craft-able items by clicking the forward button, if you have quite a number of different materials this changes, as even though there is a hardcoded max per item, the system will attempt to allow you to set the very max value you can, according to the amount of mats you have.

Meaning, if the max is 20, and i have a stack of 10, then the max i can select is 10, this all occurs before i select a stack of materials, i click max value, then go to find my materials by clicking the down button, and twice the entire client has crashed, as i am unable to reproduce it on command i can only make assumptions at this point, but i would assume it has to do with being able to select max before you select the stack of materials, i will get more time later to craft and see if i can get it to reproduce on command, but for now thats all i gots

Oh, err any way we can get a skill respec to try out bows ? i just got back to the game and with my current skill set it will take me a very long time to even try out ranged and bows as they are both 5.00 and the skills in which i can gain xp are kinda limited without dropping other skills

xyberviri
06-24-2021, 01:37 PM
Do you usually use the middle mouse button to look around instead of the right button?

I use both control methods it really depends on the situation, more often than not its when you are auto running and just need to make minor adjustments to your course.

Its a nice to have but not a need to have.

dcosper
06-24-2021, 03:05 PM
More on the crafting UI, i am pretty sure this is not how it is supposed to work, so i made a video i hope explains it better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdrfBUPVI68

Wilson423
06-24-2021, 07:01 PM
I use both control methods it really depends on the situation, more often than not its when you are auto running and just need to make minor adjustments to your course.

Its a nice to have but not a need to have.

Same and agree.

Also noticed, when harvesting a animal the tiles no longer disappear. After skinning the option to skin is still there but says resource already gathered or something like that. Letting you know incase that wasn't intentional.

DjangoSilard
06-25-2021, 12:28 AM
More on the crafting UI, i am pretty sure this is not how it is supposed to work, so i made a video i hope explains it better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdrfBUPVI68

can confirm that queue option works randomly, i tried to make cloth threads from scraps, set to max 20 threads, but it stopped at 9, set to 10, it stopped to 9, grab another 10 scraps, set to 10 threads, it stops after 3rd

Xsyon
06-25-2021, 01:43 AM
I patched a fix for the crafting panel count / queue issues. Let me know if there are still any issues with it or not.

Thanks!

millsdo
06-25-2021, 07:41 AM
I like it!

Ineta
06-25-2021, 11:41 AM
Please make the size of the crafting panel changeable, it is really big and I would love if I could make it smaller or larger

Wilson423
06-25-2021, 07:12 PM
Did UI off get moved to another hotkey? I think it used to be NumLock but its something I like to do while fishing and sight seeing.

xyberviri
06-25-2021, 08:25 PM
Actually, I just had an idea, can you allow us to drag the new crafting window slightly off screen?

When you first log into the game and open the crafting menu for the first time, it isnt constrained by the window boarder.

but then after you drag it into view you cant drag it out of view.... this gives me an idea.

The part you see on the screen is literally the part i want to drag off the screen after selecting the recipe.

If i can drag the crafting menu by the title bar so that the recipe list is now off screen to the left this will free up the center of the screen.

This is mainly because im crafting grass into thread so i need to pick up the stacks off the ground. i have figured that i can move the crafting widow to top center and select stuff under it.

but then it blocks my view, i played with this on test but didnt realize this was an issue until i tried crafting a lot of twine for buildings.

DjangoSilard
06-26-2021, 12:27 AM
Actually, I just had an idea, can you allow us to drag the new crafting window slightly off screen?

When you first log into the game and open the crafting menu for the first time, it isnt constrained by the window boarder.

but then after you drag it into view you cant drag it out of view.... this gives me an idea.

The part you see on the screen is literally the part i want to drag off the screen after selecting the recipe.

If i can drag the crafting menu by the title bar so that the recipe list is now off screen to the left this will free up the center of the screen.

This is mainly because im crafting grass into thread so i need to pick up the stacks off the ground. i have figured that i can move the crafting widow to top center and select stuff under it.

but then it blocks my view, i played with this on test but didnt realize this was an issue until i tried crafting a lot of twine for buildings.

Got even better idea, make option to toggle that part with recipes list on and off.. You select what you want, then toggle recipe list and you have just part with crafting opened and see most of screen with opened containers !

Wilson423
06-26-2021, 07:03 AM
A couple new things I've found.
Mounting while in combat mode makes animation freeze and wonkey.
Right clicking opens the right click menu twice. (r-click, select open from drop down menu, when container opens the menu drops down again.)

xyberviri
06-26-2021, 09:42 PM
oh i like that maybe a little |< button that lets you fold the left side in and it keeps the recipe selected.

dcosper
06-29-2021, 07:16 AM
This is a start

UI
Needs a button (Fill all) to use all tools that are the lowest durability
and all materials that are lowest quality for faster grinding.

Tooltips for all bars (Need tooltips for all UI stuff)

Queue resets after you inspire learn a recipe

Taming

A bit OP when it comes to hunting

Feed button boxes of food stays around even if the feed icon is not there, have to target and open feed ui for any animal to close it

Pets need viewable stats/ skills, they can be just like us for combat and gain skills by use.

Pets should heal while next to a fire like you do

Send home should send the active pet to the stables so you can tame again

The number of pets you can have in the stables should raise with skill level
Bows

Arrows way to heavy

Need to make 100 arrows at a time instead of 10

Farming

The cycle needs speed up a little, it is hard to feed me and 1 other without making a huge field
and a huge field is alot of work weeding and pest removal.
Or a fully fertilized plant should take 1/2 the current time to grow to 100

Resources

The higher skill you are should net you more resources per pull
IE: 100 resources skill should get 5 granite per gather instead of 1

Died while out of stamina and breathing all funny, the animation and sound effect remained util after revive

Crashes

Seems to be a memory leak, i run 2 accounts and after awhile when opening a UI it will crash the client.

If i log out on one account, and i let it sit in the background for a bit, then log back in, the client will crash shortly after when using the UI

RIDING

It suffers from you being encumbered, but when riding a bear it shouldn't

MISC

Need a well so do not have to keep running to the water.

Stamina drain from traveling on foot is pretty steep, if i go out on a taming run, and i bring 100 arrows 1 bow, and food to feed the animals i am over 50% encumbered with 90 strength

Creatures should want to stay away from fires, not kill me then sit at my fire to rest and wait for me to respawn

Targeting by keys, next nearest target, target attacker

MrDDT
06-29-2021, 05:21 PM
This is a start

UI
Needs a button (Fill all) to use all tools that are the lowest durability
and all materials that are lowest quality for faster grinding.

Tooltips for all bars (Need tooltips for all UI stuff)

Queue resets after you inspire learn a recipe

I disagree with this UI fill all button. Just set it up so you using the right tools, it's not hard. You have more than enough time between crafts and for sure before a tool wears out or a stack.

Yeah Tool Tips help.

Yeah not sure what's up the with inspire doing this again.

Taming

A bit OP when it comes to hunting

Feed button boxes of food stays around even if the feed icon is not there, have to target and open feed ui for any animal to close it

Pets need viewable stats/ skills, they can be just like us for combat and gain skills by use.

Pets should heal while next to a fire like you do

Send home should send the active pet to the stables so you can tame again

The number of pets you can have in the stables should raise with skill level

Pets are super OP, I've been saying that for a while. I expect people to cry a lot if they get nerfed but what is the point of combat skills/armor if your pets do all the fighting?

Not a fan of the pet skills grind. I think they are fine getting combat by ranks and thats good enough.

I would like to see more healing options for pets.

Send home does this if they have been stabled already.

Bows

Arrows way to heavy

Need to make 100 arrows at a time instead of 10

Arrows are slightly to heavy, but you can always make them out in the field its not too hard.
I think 10 is fine per craft. Unless you change other items to be much larger stacks/craft this makes no sense.

Farming

The cycle needs speed up a little, it is hard to feed me and 1 other without making a huge field
and a huge field is alot of work weeding and pest removal.
Or a fully fertilized plant should take 1/2 the current time to grow to 100

Totally disagree with the farming cycle, farming is super easy to get food, I don't know what a "huge field" is but once you get your farming up you get more than enough food. Plus you are not really limited in how large of a farm you can do.

Fully fertilized and watered plant does take 1/2 the time to grow to 100%.

Resources

The higher skill you are should net you more resources per pull
IE: 100 resources skill should get 5 granite per gather instead of 1

I agree, but just FYI, not sure if you know this, it already cuts the time down by 3x. Soo it's already pretty close to what you are saying.

Died while out of stamina and breathing all funny, the animation and sound effect remained util after revive

Sounds like a bug, I've not had it.

Crashes

Seems to be a memory leak, i run 2 accounts and after awhile when opening a UI it will crash the client.

If i log out on one account, and i let it sit in the background for a bit, then log back in, the client will crash shortly after when using the UI

Not having that issue here. I run 2 accounts for hours long long long times.

RIDING

It suffers from you being encumbered, but when riding a bear it shouldn't

It already cuts the amount you pull greatly on how much stamina you use. I do not think this needs to be changed at all the balance is great.

MISC

Need a well so do not have to keep running to the water.

Stamina drain from traveling on foot is pretty steep, if i go out on a taming run, and i bring 100 arrows 1 bow, and food to feed the animals i am over 50% encumbered with 90 strength

Creatures should want to stay away from fires, not kill me then sit at my fire to rest and wait for me to respawn

Targeting by keys, next nearest target, target attacker

I would love to see a well option.
Weight is pretty harsh, I agree things could be cut down, also you say you have 90 STR just think of the people that don't ouch!
Creatures should want to shy away from fires.
I would love to see some targeting options other than just clicking.

dcosper
06-29-2021, 07:08 PM
Send home does this if they have been stabled already.

Thankyou, i can go after that bear 47474858596 miles away now

DjangoSilard
07-16-2021, 04:21 AM
Same and agree.

Also noticed, when harvesting a animal the tiles no longer disappear. After skinning the option to skin is still there but says resource already gathered or something like that. Letting you know incase that wasn't intentional.

Looks like this is issue only on standalone client. Just logged from steam and "butchering" tiles are dissapearing after every part is taken/failed

thurgond
07-22-2021, 08:35 PM
8) Q & E Turns removed.

I removed the default Q & E keys to turn your character as I think they are confusing and are not really the best way to turn. Players should be holding down the right mouse button and using the mouse to turn.

Does anyone here use Q & E? I've completely removed them for now but if anyone wants them in as an option I could set that back up.

Sorry for the late input. I'm loving the changes, except for the elimination of the turn keys. I never use Q & E as I'm a lefty, but I use the left and right arrow keys for turning in Xyson and most other games. I also use the right mouse button, but not as much as the arrow keys. I never strafe, even when it might be advantageous in a PvP situation. If you need to eliminate a couple keys, please add a turn/strafe toggle to the Key Binds.

Xsyon
07-26-2021, 06:07 PM
I'll put back the turning commands in the next patch. Thanks!

thurgond
07-27-2021, 07:51 PM
Thanks. You're the best.

CrazyPaul
07-28-2021, 12:48 PM
Thanks! I need in Q&E turning very much! It would be cool to do this in the hotkey menu.

CrazyPaul
07-30-2021, 07:00 AM
About point 6 of Updates.
Hot keys / key binds have been set up for the Pet commands is very good. But what about key for dismount. You need to do Hot key / key bind (by default "F7") for mount & dismount together.

Xsyon
07-30-2021, 03:59 PM
I've put back the key binds / hot keys for turns on the current Test Server. By default they are not assigned so players that want to use these will need to assign their own keys. I removed the second key bind for Walk and Auto Walk as those are rarely, if ever used so I wouldn't have to readjust the whole panel.

About the F7 key for mounting / dismounting. Is this not working?

thurgond
07-30-2021, 06:11 PM
F7 works for mounting. Does not work for dismounting.