PDA

View Full Version : Unable to connect to Xsyon patch server - with the standalone client.

chojinuk
01-20-2024, 05:05 AM
The Steam Client works.

But the Standalone client has been showing "Unable to connect to the Xsyon patch server".

Thanks
Sark

Xsyon
01-20-2024, 09:21 AM
Did you download the new launcher? You should see a link to it in the old launcher window. (If you don't see that let me know.)

Thanks!

chojinuk
01-20-2024, 11:48 AM
Did you download the new launcher? You should see a link to it in the old launcher window. (If you don't see that let me know.)

Thanks!

I did see the link and ive already done this before i made the post.

I have installed the new launcher over the top of the old one, ie i didnt uninstall xsyon first.

Do think i should uninstall xyson entirely and start again ?

chojinuk
01-20-2024, 11:59 AM
I just uninstalled Xsyon, which in hindsight was a mistake
because now the files are gone and the launcher does not connect to the patch server to download them again.

chojinuk
01-20-2024, 12:02 PM
the date stamp on the file Xsyon installer.exe I downloaded is 24 jun 2019.

if this is a new version, shouldnt that date be more recent ?

chojinuk
01-20-2024, 12:23 PM
ok I downloaded the xsyon installer direct from my members account page
that xyson installer is dated 7 jan 2024.

So looks like it will be ok.
But I dont know why my old launcher was able to download a version dated 24 jun 2019.

[Edit] yes the launcher is now connecting to the patch server. Thanks for the help !

Xsyon
01-20-2024, 01:20 PM
Ok, I see I had the wrong link in the launcher window. Sorry about that. It's been crazy this month with the server issues.

chojinuk
01-21-2024, 06:47 AM
Ok, I see I had the wrong link in the launcher window. Sorry about that. It's been crazy this month with the server issues.

Indeed!, having to deal with a downed server and then finding a new host, over xmas time, is not my idea of fun, at least this issue wont affect anyone else, now the launcher link is updated !

Thank you again :)