PDA

View Full Version : List of Religion Ideas

fortunado
05-16-2010, 03:17 PM
Some religion that we could implement to help social development, evolution and add some PvE conflicts.

Good:
Redeeming Paths:
A religion that believes in changing your ways and by obeying every law and abstaining from evil doing.
Faith: Strong
Positive Effects: Slightly Higher Combat Experience Gain
Negative Effects: Greater penalty when you break rules.
Possible Evolution:
I. Resurrection (Allows you to resurrect allies from death with less penalty. Any looting will not be returned.)
II. White Magic (Holy magic that allows you to use white magic against attackers or against allies to heal and encourage them.)

Way of Peace:
A religion the believes in living a quiet life with some abstinence from things it considers is wrong.
Faith: Moderate
Positive Effects: Slightly Higher Respect Gain
Negative Effects: Negative Effects have a slightly longer duration
Possible Evolution:
I. Reincarnation (Allows the player to come back from the dead at least once a month [game time] with small amount of hit-points and energy points, and being temporal [not being able to attack or be attacked] for some time.)
II. Harmony (Holy magic that focuses on music, that can either protect, heal, or encourage allies or to harm, hurt, or discourage enemies.)

The Holy Flame:
A religion that centers its thoughts on new ideas and changes.
Faith: Moderate (Effects are slightly dependent on one's faith.)
Positive Effects: Lower Duration on Negative Effects
Negative Effects: Development of the Character is slightly longer
Possible Evolution:
I. Spontaneous Combustion (The player has a chance to explode upon death, causing AoE damage to nearby players.)
II. Living Flame (Holy magic that focuses on fire for harming enemies and for healing allies.)

Neutral:
Tree of Life:
A religion that believes that mother nature is to be worshiped and to be nurtured.
Faith: Strong (Effects are greatly dependent on one's faith)
Positive Effects: Slightly Higher Hunting/Archery Skill Gain
Negative Effects: Collecting Resources Harms Your Respect
Possible Evolution:
I. Metamorphosis (Magic that can temporarily transform a player into a creature with modified statistics.)
II. Natural Magic (A neutral magic that focuses on Natural Disasters and Blessings for enemies and allies alike.)

Atheistic:
A religion that believes in nothing.
Faith: None (Faith has no bearing on this religion)
Positive Effects: Better Technology Gain
Negative Effects: May never harness magical power
Possible Evolution:
I. Realization(increases experience gain of skills)
II. Truth in Error (A simple philosophy that focuses on finding enemy's weak spots and defending allies' weak spots.)

Evil:

Shadow Shards:
A secret religion that believes fully in dark arts.
Positive Effects: Slightly better Stealth and Stealth Detection
Negative Effects: Loses respect faster then other religions
Possible Evolution:
I. Assassinate (Backstabbing a player with low health has a greater critical chance)
II. Forbidden Martial Arts (A dark form of martial arts that focuses on using daggers and forbidden magic with it to protect allies and demolish enemies.)

Wicked Ways:
A secret religion that believes that the you may become a god of darkness with time.
Positive Effects: Illegal Effects have greater effect on game.
Negative Effects: Loses respect faster then other religions.
Possible Evolution:
I. Animation (Allows the player to temporarily Animate a dead friendly or enemy player with 10% of his skills to fight. The animated person cannot be attacked, but is forced to resurrect afterward leaving resurrection and necromancy unusable. Good against resurrection.)
II. Necromancy (A dark magic that allows the player to use bodies as bombs, temporary minions, or as a catalysis to healing or protecting allies or harming or cursing enemies.)

Murky Waters:
A secret religion that focuses on using waters to take care of their enemies.
Faith: Moderate (Effects are slightly dependent on one's faith)
Positive Effects: Enemies have a greater chance to miss.
Negative Effects: Loses respect faster then other religions.
Possible Evolution:
I. Blind (Causes a target to become blind and miss on his next attack.)
II. Living Waters (A dark magic that allows the player to use water to calm the negative effects of an ally or positive effects of an enemy, or to crush an enemy.)

Veldern
05-16-2010, 03:25 PM
What they've said about religion is that it's going to have to do with the region you're in. In the lake tahoe area it's going to be some sort of native american theme. There was a post on it, if someone would like to dig it up... (Lazy :P )

fortunado
05-16-2010, 03:33 PM
i would think that it wouldn't be 100% native American as this is post apocalyptic, meaning that all different cultures came in with new religions (plus the devs did say that new religions would come as the story progressed). Plus, why should we be restricted by regional religion?

Veldern
05-16-2010, 03:38 PM
Virtus wrote:

@Greawulfe:

Jooky has stated somewhere deep in hte threads that religions/beliefs will be introduced when new regions. Right now its Nevada or it will be native american like beliefs. If china became a region then chinese beliefs would be visible.Grrr, making me be unlazy... Post from an Admin.

pid73
05-16-2010, 04:15 PM
fortunado wrote:

Plus, why should we be restricted by regional religion?

Because it is a game with a theme. Don't be afraid to be "limited" by this, the culture and intricacies are immense. Just google Pumapunku or the TV documentary series "ancient aliens"...