PDA

View Full Version : How is Storeage?

Kunra
05-17-2010, 07:46 PM
For the folks already ingame, is storeage space adequate in terms of what is needed to Craft?

Does the Storeage seem ok for the "hoarder", ie, Hunter/Gatherer type?

The only game I have ever played that had adequate storeage was SWG, have not played a game since that did not cause me frustration in terms of storeage.

Ciik
05-17-2010, 07:50 PM
Not today, but Im hoping it hasn't been implemented, like the creation of a crate and extra bags.

Kunra
05-17-2010, 08:06 PM
Ciik wrote:

Not today, but Im hoping it hasn't been implemented, like the creation of a crate and extra bags.

Storeage isnt good enough as things stand now?

How bad is it?

kiwiitis
05-17-2010, 08:47 PM
Not good at the moment,should improve once bag recipe's appear and folk get huts and say chests,store rooms are craftable who knows?

Kunra
05-17-2010, 08:55 PM
kiwiitis wrote:

Not good at the moment,should improve once bag recipe's appear and folk get huts and say chests,store rooms are craftable who knows?

Kiwi, are you the same Older Gamers from FE?

kiwibird
05-17-2010, 09:58 PM
Right the storage at the moment does bite. So with that being said, the current storage system is very problematic. Since we have IIRC 15 slots, and require the 'possible' spaces items can give us, it becomes often a "what is more important of these important items?".

Storage when turned on should allow for greater abilities, the biggest problem against it, is encumbrance, permanent storage would be the solver to this issue.

kiwiitis
05-17-2010, 11:04 PM
Kunra wrote:

kiwiitis wrote:

Yes Kunra. I always enjoyed your posts there as well as Bartillo I think his name was.This guy was posting on mmorpg but not seen anything from him lately.

w0rm
05-18-2010, 03:10 AM
kiwiitis wrote:

Kunra wrote:

kiwiitis wrote:

Yes Kunra. I always enjoyed your posts there as well as Bartillo I think his name was.This guy was posting on mmorpg but not seen anything from him lately.

Any of TOGs from War coming over? Enjoyed playing with them a lot

kiwiitis
05-18-2010, 03:31 AM
Hasn't been a mention about this game yet,about time I made a post but after being burnt on MO I am a bit reluctant to mention another game that requires some cash :):)

Paradox
05-18-2010, 08:40 AM
I would love to have some type of chest or any other form of permanent storage. I don’t think we need an impenetrable bank, I would even be happy with a mason jar I could hide somewhere :)

Ciik
05-18-2010, 03:05 PM
Kunra wrote:

Ciik wrote:

Storeage isnt good enough as things stand now?

How bad is it?

Heh. I really cant dignify that with a response.

Sabina
05-18-2010, 04:25 PM
I am guessing that crafters that choose basketry will eventually be able to make baskets!

Trekkan
05-18-2010, 04:59 PM
With the number of items you need simply to craft (I'm at 5 tools right now for the beginner stuff) then add to that the materials (usually 3-4 types at once to make something, then add to that multiple stacks needed for failures, etc)... the CURRENT storage... sucks. If you're going to try and do any sorting of salvage spots.. you're kind of out of luck as you need 4 empty slots free to do it. Which get filled up QUICKLY.

That being said, there are slots for more bags. Maybe different bags have more slots within them as well. No idea at this point. So with the upcoming ability to have perm(sort of?) storage as well as more bags, etc... we SHOULD be ok. We'll see how it plays out, it's just not something we've been able to test yet.

Ciik
05-18-2010, 07:08 PM
Trekkan wrote:

With the number of items you need simply to craft (I'm at 5 tools right now for the beginner stuff) then add to that the materials (usually 3-4 types at once to make something, then add to that multiple stacks needed for failures, etc)... the CURRENT storage... sucks. If you're going to try and do any sorting of salvage spots.. you're kind of out of luck as you need 4 empty slots free to do it. Which get filled up QUICKLY.

That being said, there are slots for more bags. Maybe different bags have more slots within them as well. No idea at this point. So with the upcoming ability to have perm(sort of?) storage as well as more bags, etc... we SHOULD be ok. We'll see how it plays out, it's just not something we've been able to test yet.

Thanks for elaborating on that, Trek. True.

Kunra
05-18-2010, 08:58 PM
Seems max storeage has not been implimented yet.

Any news from the Devs on Storeage?

Considering we are limited to 1 character per account(least thats what I read), the use of "Mules" for storeage is out of the question.

What form of storeage are we looking at?

Am I going to be able to "hoard" or am I going to have to be selective with what I Gather?

Ruinous
05-18-2010, 10:44 PM
I found another cloth bag, but there seems no way to equip it or open it. This is in addition to the one which is my 'backpack'.
So I'm guessing the extra bag slots aren't switched on?

kiwiitis
05-19-2010, 01:08 AM
I filled my bag with scavenged goods and had to throw some away :(

I know I know only testing still makes me want to cry :(:(:(

Ciik
05-19-2010, 08:22 AM
Ruinous wrote:

I found another cloth bag, but there seems no way to equip it or open it. This is in addition to the one which is my 'backpack'.
So I'm guessing the extra bag slots aren't switched on?

We assume. What you found was a disposable characters bag. Some player who can choose only one crafting skill, but needs a tool of another crafting skill profession, creates a mule character with that tool, logs-in, drops the bag, logs-out and logs-in his main, takes the tool(s) he wants and moves on, then deleting his mule.

The bags stay in the world.

zephar123
05-19-2010, 09:49 AM
kiwiitis wrote:

I filled my bag with scavenged goods and had to throw some away :(

I know I know only testing still makes me want to cry :(:(:(

:S