PDA

View Full Version : TESTSERVER TEST!

Whorlok
05-23-2010, 08:14 AM
hi..i am Playing with my char "Mikelangelo" on the Testserver 22.05.2010..
Now About 30 minutes-->no laggs...non freeze..the feeling is better then the normal server!
UPDATE:
Now About 55 minutes-->no laggs... no freeze..the feeling is better then the normal server!
greetings Whorlok

DonViper
05-23-2010, 03:07 PM
Notes one thing mouse is not that sluggish, atleast it was like that for me

tredo
05-23-2010, 11:10 PM
I have been playing on the test server for the last few days while it has been up and running. I have to say the lag is virtually none. The game seems to be running stable.. here is my concern. Ok so we have a stable server for a few days... lets add more to it and see if it still runs this way... bring on the animals or more features. Lets take crafting to the next level... let's test the test server!

Xsyon
05-23-2010, 11:39 PM
The test server just has one step of the changes we are making to the server system. I just wanted to test that we are headed in the right direction, and it seems so.

This week we will continue with revising the server code. I know people are anxious for changes and new features, but we really need to straighten out the server problems 100% first!

Relandi
05-23-2010, 11:55 PM
Xsyon wrote:

The test server just has one step of the changes we are making to the server system. I just wanted to test that we are headed in the right direction, and it seems so.

This week we will continue with revising the server code. I know people are anxious for changes and new features, but we really need to straighten out the server problems 100% first!

It is good to hear this, because while there does seem to be an improvement on the test server, there are still lots of issues surrounding what seems to be sync, or rather, de-sync issues.

Watching people move around, they seem to warp around, or run in place .. or run facing the wrong way.

Definitely improved, but I'm happy to hear you're still focused on it, because while I too am anxious for new features, I'd rather not see this go down the path of other games. (Content first over functionality, that is)

Ferigad
05-24-2010, 03:45 AM
Well yes but i agree with whorlok, the ppl i saw on the testserver, when i saw them, seems to walk and run normal....on the normal server itīs a little bit difference but whatever you do on the testserver it seems to help. Maybe, just as a suggestion, Xsyon...you should maybe simply throw the revised code on the normal sever if ppl dont join in masses the test server..honestly...or take the normal down and set on its place the testserver, honestly, Most ppl wouldnt feel the difference :P

DonViper
05-24-2010, 05:14 AM
the times i have been on the test server i have been the only one there but i woud really like to see a fully populated server to see howe well it does under stress

Ferigad
05-24-2010, 05:30 AM
Yeah thats why i mean, just shut down the normal server, deactivate he testserver button and link the testserver on the normal login , or even better, link the normal and test server login only on the testserver for some day with a short announce that you wanna make a heavy traffic controll on the testserver, there are enough ppl who dont read the forum.

DonViper
05-24-2010, 05:57 AM
i agree but it woud be nice if there was a message on the login page sayin that the normal was taken down and the test server was the only one online for testing reasons

Relandi
05-24-2010, 11:42 AM
Ferigad wrote:

Well yes but i agree with whorlok, the ppl i saw on the testserver, when i saw them, seems to walk and run normal....on the normal server itīs a little bit difference but whatever you do on the testserver it seems to help. Maybe, just as a suggestion, Xsyon...you should maybe simply throw the revised code on the normal sever if ppl dont join in masses the test server..honestly...or take the normal down and set on its place the testserver, honestly, Most ppl wouldnt feel the difference :P

I would love to know what test server you're on, because they are still lag warping and skipping all over wildly on the test server, and I live relatively close to the server, so I am certain it's not ping.

Like I've said, there have been improvements, but to say people move "normally" on the test server is a blatant lie.

Also, taking down the normal server to force people onto the test server defeats the entire purpose he put up a test server to begin with..

Ferigad
05-24-2010, 12:26 PM
Thats simply creativ Resource using Relandi.

Still, what i saw on the testserver ditn warped for me or jumped around or randomly changed directions.

I dont know where you play Relandi in that case, i play from EU Germany, so i am a little bit far off from the server i guess ^^ but i didnt noticed this warps or player jumpin randomly around at there location like under heavy lag.

Jalisar
05-24-2010, 07:56 PM
Not seeing much of a population on either server.. but the lag is better on test server for sure.

zephar123
05-24-2010, 08:00 PM
Xsyon wrote:

your doing this in right steps so ignore anyone screaming about it.

=)

SO far ive had lag once in about 10 hours of play. was at 6:27 gmt-8 5/24 spike lasted for about 20 seconds.

tredo
05-24-2010, 08:20 PM
Well I think I jinked it... tonight I tried to play for a while and the lag in movement and actions was slightly increased from the other few nights. The mouse seems really sluggish tonight too.

Virtus
05-24-2010, 08:38 PM
could be because there is a bigger population in.