PDA

View Full Version : Xyson tutorials or guides?

celestial_fury
05-25-2010, 04:04 AM
Hello all Update
I have noticed in the game that many new players feel totally disoriented and without knowing what to do..Thus I have decided to make a quick guide for the beginner players.

In the first place my advice is to read the features list again very carefully,because many of the player questions are answered there.

What should you do?

To know and experience the world.
Open the window of resources while running.
Discover the different areas to get resources.
Create several toons to see what tools have each one by default. (you will need tools from other crafter skills.
Try different settings and options menu.

Try and learn all the different actions:

Scavenging:(depends of the area and the level you will find more or less stuff )in your resources window you will see metal,cloth,leather or plastic resources,needed for crafting,best areas to scavenge are scrapyards. Not all the stuff you wil find it is usefull right now.

Logging:create a character that takes axe with enough strengh to lift long logs.At the moment you can use the logs to create roofs or bridges.

Terraforming: make sure of creating a character that have a shovel.With terraforming you can do lots of things, imagine a project and do it,Be creative. bridges,fortress,houses,twons,or roads.

Hidding:your character become invisible.

Crafting:you can only try basketry,tailoring,leathercraft,toolcraft and weaponsmith at the moment.Craftsmen depend on tools and supplies from other craftsmen.

Combat: Combat specialty moves gained through experience. .Manual targeting, affected by abilities.

Fishing:To fish you need a pole,so better start with this skill.

Drinking and eating: This is necessary if you want to do actions without losing so much energy so drink water and eat some fish or some foraging plants.

Foraging: You can find usefull plants foraging.

Hunting: Animals are already in so you should be able to find some different creatures like bears deers raccons and coyotes,also you need a knife to skin and get bones from them.

Firestarting: You can set up a fire and you will need some stuff to do that,so explore and you will find them.

You can use some commands for chat as:

/h "nickname".....for help
/w "nickname".....for whispering
/t "nickname".....for tribes
/g "nickname".....for guilds
/p "nickname".....for party

What can't you do at the moment:

tribes,quest,economy,some communication features,housing.

Some resources like limestone,branches are not for the time being usefull.

I also attach the controls guide.

http://www.xsyon.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=58

I hope you enjoy and thank you for your patience until the game is completed.

Thank you.

celestial_fury
05-25-2010, 04:08 AM
http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/9774/terraformingtuto.jpg

celestial_fury
05-25-2010, 04:11 AM
Cunk video showing the terraforming tutorial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9LuQvqimxM&feature=player_embedded

celestial_fury
05-25-2010, 04:12 AM
http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/1844/logsroof.jpg

TheMap
05-25-2010, 07:05 AM
Nice job on it. just make sure not to give away all our trade secrets. :laugh:

Mookyni
05-25-2010, 07:17 AM
Really nice thanks a lot for this guide.
i'm impatient to test it

Cunk
05-25-2010, 09:30 AM
Might want to mention the difference between scavenging and gathering resources in refuse piles (which people often refer to as scavenging).

You can gather sortable resources like leather, cloth, metal, and plastic only in refuse piles. Refuse piles have a dark reddish texture with some animal skeletons mixed in and they make a distinctive noise when you walk over them.

Scavenging in general can be done anywhere and is performed by right-clicking the button with the Nut on it. When scavenging works you'll often get some of the things that would result from sorting resources but sometimes you can get stuff that isn't available that way. And a few things don't appear to be usable yet.

More detailed description of resource gathering in refuse piles:

Refuse piles are where you can gather leather, cloth, metal, and plastic resources. If you have the Resource Panel open (left click on the button with the shovel and pick) you will see what resources are available for gathering as you walk around, in various combinations. Right click on the one you want to gather. You can put up to 4 bundles of a single type of resource on your back (this goes for grass, twigs, and branches too). Once you have at least one bundle on your back you can right click on it in the back slot of your Packs window (or Inventory window) to sort it (unless it's grass, twigs, or branches which aren't sorted). You will sort one bundle at a time so if you have 4 bundles on your back you will need to sort 4 times. You also need to have 4 empty slots in your backpack in order to sort a bundle which is where the resulting items will be placed.

Dark515
05-25-2010, 04:33 PM
Here is what happens if you die:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Buevdft2QFU

celestial_fury
06-03-2010, 02:29 AM
Hi!

This is an advanced log's roof tutorial to make a roof as long as you want and perfect!http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/771/logsrooftuto.jpg

Nails
06-03-2010, 02:35 AM
Worth mentioning that the logs seem to stack best when they are all from the same type of tree.

Nitesky01
06-08-2010, 10:09 AM
Nails wrote:

Worth mentioning that the logs seem to stack best when they are all from the same type of tree.

Actually, thats ONLY stacks if they are the same type. And trying to stack different kinds of logs too close together causes them to move apart, as if they had magnets embedded in them. Oh, and if you try and pack logs across zone lines, they will loose their collision (ability to stand on top of, and stack properly) until the logs are "saved" to the zone you are stacking in. This will also cause stacking issues, as the collision-less log will appear to disappear, when in fact it clips though the log it should have stack on top of.

buffalojerky
06-08-2010, 05:56 PM
Haven't got the steam to collect logs at the moment hehe, maybe later.

buffalojerky
06-08-2010, 05:56 PM
Haven't got the steam to collect logs at the moment hehe, maybe later.

Bossman
06-09-2010, 09:55 AM
Nice explanation Cele... and nice diagrams too.

Another tip I discovered for having horizontal sides made of logs is to drop the logs over the side of your dirt box (sorry, I mean mound) :P

They work exactly the same just upside down...

You can normally get about 8 high - 4 from the base and 4 from the top. Its better to have a gap though so you can see inside once you carved it out.

celestial_fury
06-09-2010, 10:32 AM
great Bossman!

I have to try this he he

Been busy lately!

Cya!

bork
07-08-2010, 05:42 AM
maybe i did something wrong, but i couldn't create a log roof.
("objects are in the way")

it was fixed?

Bossman
07-08-2010, 05:46 AM
You can no longer terraform under logs or where there are any 'objects'... this was removed at the patch before this one.

Leiros
08-09-2010, 08:22 PM
Might want to update this to reflect the current changes and additions to the game. Just a few points to hit on:

- Creatures now allow for hunting.
- Stone (different types) and flint are useful for building fires
- Fishing allows for food gathering
- Foraging allows for collecting plants (also edible)
- Cooking has not been turned on as of this post
- Digging a hole now places dirt in your inventory (not sure if this was mentioned previously)
- Baskets, pouches, and storage bins can now be used and permissions may be set on them.
- Friends List: In order to add someone to your friends list you must first "introduce" yourself to them. To do this, walk up to them (within a few feet) and click either "friend" or "Enemy". This will place them in the proper are of your social window.

These were just a few of the things that stood out to me after the recent updates.

Great job creating this guide Celestial! I'm sure it will only get bigger as the game grows. :side:

celestial_fury
08-10-2010, 07:17 AM
Hello Everyone,here is a map of the available zones ingame

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/9887/xsyonmap.jpg[img]

aliksteel
08-10-2010, 07:21 AM
Thanks for the great map celestial_fury

Kerovan
08-10-2010, 07:59 AM
Love the map! Thanks!

Kitsume
08-10-2010, 08:32 PM
Very shiny map.

Could we please, pretty please, get a version without the white zone numbers and gridlines?

http://i737.photobucket.com/albums/xx11/rustle32/zorro_msn_zorrillito-20.gif

Snake
08-10-2010, 10:23 PM
Great map Celes, thanks.
So then, because it seems the forum turns out to be 'the game' :P, here is a quest: Everyone has to grab their coloured pencils and fill out the regions. ;)

WillBingham
08-11-2010, 05:54 AM
Very Nice. Thank You. :)

Leiros
08-11-2010, 09:58 AM
Awesome map Celestial_Fury! It's great to finally see how the zones are laid out from a bird's eye perspective.

Tereas
09-07-2010, 05:15 AM
I also appreciate the map. I notice that areas are outlined. I am assuming that most of the lines are roads? I see some circles in the middle of some areas. Are they roads or high points?

gremrod
09-07-2010, 08:55 AM
I think the green lines are showing streams.

Kitsume
09-07-2010, 09:51 AM
At first I thought they were roads too. Then looking closer at the map, I realized they ment something else.

The green lines represent approximate boundries of named areas. Like Crystal, South, Homewood or Zephyr. The smaller circles are usually mountains.

Cracky69
09-07-2010, 11:41 AM
Well done on the map. It's clear you've used a real map and you've done an excellent job of aligning the grids. :)

It is perhaps interesting to note a few places where the game map does not closely follow the actual real world map. Apart, of course, from the island which has recently appeared.

In the game, zone 937 is mostly land, whereas the map shows it as mostly water. The Truckee River also exits from a different place.

Zone 857, 780 and 937 also differ quite considerably from the map you have given us. The shoreline is certainly quite different.

Still, good job.