PDA

View Full Version : What now?

mikethemerchant
05-26-2010, 06:42 AM
So I got my email yesterday, and downloaded and installed last night.

I got in made my guy, terriformed some stuff, chopped some trees, and then just started exploring... I didn't find anyone so I got bored.

What other features are ready? am I missing something?

Jadzia
05-26-2010, 07:18 AM
You can try out basketry, tailoring, leathercraft. If you want to test the game then its the best to try everything and to try to break things. If you just want to have some fun, I'd recommend to set a goal for yourself in terraforming, like building a sandcastle, a log roofed hut or an island with bridges...terraforming is the most fun part of the game now. But be aware of that the server can be wiped anytime and you would lose your work then.

Jalisar
05-26-2010, 08:29 AM
Ya there isnt alot going on right now in game from what I have seen, but it has promise once things are ironed out and some features are added. For now just walk around explore.. tera form.. ya know check back every so often.
I really never see anyone in game on either server which seems odd for all the peeps who were waiting.

Derek
05-26-2010, 09:41 AM
More people will log in more often once more features are turned on. Terraforming/scavenging/crafting is fun but gets old after a couple days of doing nothing but that. Especially with the server wipes erasing any progress.

mikethemerchant
05-26-2010, 10:39 AM
Jadzia wrote:

You can try out basketry, tailoring, leathercraft. If you want to test the game then its the best to try everything and to try to break things. If you just want to have some fun, I'd recommend to set a goal for yourself in terraforming, like building a sandcastle, a log roofed hut or an island with bridges...terraforming is the most fun part of the game now. But be aware of that the server can be wiped anytime and you would lose your work then.

where do you get the mats for those crafts?

I was able to get grass, logs?

Jadzia
05-26-2010, 01:21 PM
mikethemerchant wrote:

Jadzia wrote:

where do you get the mats for those crafts?

I was able to get grass, logs?
If you keep your resourcing window open (the one where you can click on gathering grass) and roam around, you will see that some spots provide other resources than grass. Leather, cloth, plastic, stuffs like that. You can pick it, and when its in your backpack you can sort it out by rightclicking on that item. The sorted resources will appear in your cloth bag.

Many recipes require materials from another craftskill, like a leathercraft recipe may require materials crafted by a tailor. You can make 3 characters with 3 different craftskill, this way you can keep supplying yourself, or you can find other players with the needed craftskill.