PDA

View Full Version : night time..

jefferysauto
05-26-2010, 11:06 AM
I love when it changes from dark to light but its really dark, I can't even see, not bashing just hope you guys can add a feature to lighten the game up so its not black out.. I have my gamma all the way up to.. and I have a 21 inch screen so thats not the case.

Before some people try and bash it.

Alfred
05-26-2010, 12:03 PM
jefferysauto wrote:

I love when it changes from dark to light but its really dark, I can't even see, not bashing just hope you guys can add a feature to lighten the game up so its not black out.. I have my gamma all the way up to.. and I have a 21 inch screen so thats not the case.

Before some people try and bash it.
Do you know how dark it is at night in the real world? :P

Diocletian
05-26-2010, 12:13 PM
Are you running an ATI card?

Alfred
05-26-2010, 12:15 PM
Diocletian wrote:

No, it just really is dark at night in the real world.

Diocletian
05-26-2010, 12:17 PM
There is some evidence that the game is rendered darker on ATI cards.

jefferysauto
05-26-2010, 01:05 PM
Diocletian wrote:

nope nvidia... and I know it's dark in the real world lol, but not black nearly, can barely see my char at times...

Alfred
05-26-2010, 01:47 PM
jefferysauto wrote:

Diocletian wrote:

nope nvidia... and I know it's dark in the real world lol, but not black nearly, can barely see my char at times...
Go out in the woods at night. You won't see crap.

pid73
05-26-2010, 02:11 PM
jefferysauto wrote:

Diocletian wrote:

Right now it's very close to new moon. it seems the lunar phases are well rendered. when there is full moon there might be more light.

I'm just guessing because I didn't ever see a full moon in Xsyon, yet. But I can tell for sure that each time the moon is different :D

jefferysauto
05-27-2010, 12:17 PM
ya I sure hope this is fixed as its unplayable when its night out for me...

I knoiw its beta which is fine, I just hope they don't think this is fine for everyone ..

which i,m sure they will fix , I just figured to let them know incase they did not .

frogeye
05-27-2010, 02:26 PM
mixed feelings about this.
First times I logged in, I thought the same way: huu, what is this? how is one able to play under this circumstances.
Then it changed a bit, I found some things to do even when it's dark, without clouds the moon gave enough light to see something, and, and that is the main point I think: I found this time beeing nice, relaxed, would later perhaps sit with friends around a fire, and thought of it as a very realistic part in a game where you have to be carefully where to go (alone lol).
At the moment my opinion is: Leave it as it is. Okay, I have an Nvidia, perhaps not so dark for me than for others (though I could not see anything in time).
This is of course a very subjective thing and there may be different views about this.
What - on the opposite site I find just awfull: To give the client the possibility to just change the daytime to what everybody likes. Because this wipes all time away and makes all equal which creates a loss of quality concerning simulation of reality.
Cheers ;)

JCatano
05-27-2010, 02:36 PM
Alfred wrote:

Diocletian wrote:

No, it just really is dark at night in the real world.

Xsyon is not the real world. :)

jefferysauto
05-27-2010, 03:32 PM
well they can leave it that dark but give me a flash light then , something I would do IRL lol..

Liek in fallen earth in caves it gets dark, but I can bust out my flash light and bam, love that part.

But being that black out , its just to black, if get like a flash light or a torch or something that would be cool, because I can see this to be a turn off for alot of older folks, that can't see well as it is, and alot of us do play games still lol.

But I do see your view on the mmon and such, its just to black, aka dark for me. unless they do something cool with it like I said.

frogeye
05-27-2010, 03:59 PM
yeah, I agree with you jeffery, though perhaps beeing one of the oldest here rofl, but kind of torch or fire-made light would be useful, +nods+

Cunk
05-27-2010, 04:11 PM
I'm pretty sure there will be portable lights of some sort in the game. Which is probably why this issue isn't all that much of an issue.

pid73
05-28-2010, 08:38 AM
I think it's okay, too.
When there is full moon and no clouds, nights will be not that dark, and if it sometimes happens that a night is too dark, well... be patient. Light a torch or a lantern. I'm confident they will be in, sooner or later.

pottedfrog
05-28-2010, 10:51 AM
I run a geforce, and have no issues with night-time at all. I have seen today a lot of people complaining of not being able to see and I thought 'Huh?'.

Maybe it's a combination of different hardware that's causing the almost pitch black people are seeing.

jefferysauto
05-28-2010, 04:21 PM
pottedfrog wrote:

I run a geforce, and have no issues with night-time at all. I have seen today a lot of people complaining of not being able to see and I thought 'Huh?'.

Maybe it's a combination of different hardware that's causing the almost pitch black people are seeing.

could be, I have nvidia and run SLI so.. I have no problems in other MMO's AOC , FE and such, so joping we do get a flash light latterns and what not, oh I 'm very not worried I have faith they will ahve something, I was just hoping it won't be just black for us is all, which I doubt.. because that will just suck , I figured to post this just incase I was the only one seeing this, and I see i'm not.

Thanks for all of teh replies see ya guys in game!