PDA

View Full Version : Tools and Weapons

cbowsin
06-06-2010, 09:05 AM
Here is a collection of items I have managed to scavenge, this is not a complete list, there are still other items out there..
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b119/Cbowsin/Xsyon/weapons.jpg

Virtus
06-06-2010, 09:12 AM
wow, you found the viper axe! rare ;)

Cunk
06-06-2010, 10:01 AM
Holy crap I had no idea you could wield any of the stuff you scavenge. I thought it was all components for crafting. I did find a plastic bat last night but I couldn't use it so I guess some things are that way.

That's an impressive array of weapons.

edit: I want that screw club so I can pull out my opponent's intestines like a clogged drain.

Kitsume
06-06-2010, 10:26 AM
I guess I should start making screenshots of the items I find scavenging.

Here are a couple more weapons to add to the list. Unfortunately, I found these before the last server wipe.

Bladed Tonfa, Butcher Knife Axe

cbowsin
06-06-2010, 11:31 AM
Virtus wrote:

wow, you found the viper axe! rare ;)

Funny story. The first one I found I took a screenshot and added to the paint file but I forgot to save the file and a blackout caused me to lose the screenie and i discarded the item, so that one pictured was actually the second one I found.

Cunk wrote:

Holy crap I had no idea you could wield any of the stuff you scavenge. I thought it was all components for crafting. I did find a plastic bat last night but I couldn't use it so I guess some things are that way.

I found 5lb and 10lb weights and thought that they were odd items. What could we do with those, weight lifting? Then I found a 10-lb club which was a pipe with a weight strapped on it. That was prior to the last wipe so no screenie. Golf clubs are common item to scavenge and as you can see, likely used for a Nine Iron Club. If you look at the Rock Bludgener and the Studded Pipe Smasher, both appear to require a bat to use as a handle.

So I've been scavenging just to find these items and materials to get a sense of how crafting will work. So if I am a weapon crafter and I find a Nine Iron Club, could I analyze the item to add that recipe and then produce them myself or would I have to find a book? I dunno.

@Kit. I wasn't really trying to build a catalog of all weapons because I know I had other types before I lost those screenies. I was just giving an overview or general idea of what type of items are in game to show diversity of gear. Plus to benefit new folks to show a sample of items in game in a more concise fashion. I would do it with armor/clothes too but those are not scavenged.

celestial_fury
06-06-2010, 11:39 AM
Thanks cbowsin very good job!

I should have taken some screenshots from weapons I found before as well.

Deacon
07-14-2010, 10:41 PM
I'm noticing that most of the weapons are axes.....guess I'll need to change from picks to axes :ohmy:

Ehatu
07-20-2010, 08:08 PM
Yea, I think a lot of people will be changing after this post.

Nick2279
07-22-2010, 07:02 AM
Kinda hope they implement a variety of weapons. I would love to see some spears and maybe just some regular post Apocalytic switch blades (Im sure more then enough survived in rubel or something) and finaly maybe swords. Obviosly things such as swords would be very rare to find and should not be able to be produced(at least for a while) only scavenged whitch would make them very valuable comodities as they were in the Middle Ages. Other cool stuff i and possibly other people will enjoy:
-bolas
-tomahawks
-lasos
-traps (spike traps, whiping spike traps)
-poison :)
-improvised weapons (rock throwing, stick fighting)
-Exotic weaponry (maces, flails,scimitars)
-Lances (when mounts get implemented)

Mizzlexx
03-21-2011, 07:50 PM
Nice sonne lol sweet list u lucky shit XD