PDA

View Full Version : Trees

Bossman
06-10-2010, 06:26 AM
A couple of questions... sorry if already askked but I couldn't find any threads...

Will trees always grow back as the same tree that was felled?
How long will it take for a tree to respawn?
Is it not possible for the tree to 'grow' rather than just appear fully grown?
does ckopping the stump make any difference the to tree re-spawn?
Finally, will we be able to plant or cultivate our own trees?

Opps... more than a couple of questions...

Snake
06-10-2010, 07:22 AM
but really good ones, I'm interested which answers will come :D

Nails
06-10-2010, 08:08 AM
From what I've noticed trees do currently re-appear (or I've had trees re appear in the middle of my road.) Only seems to happen if you clear the stump.

pid73
06-10-2010, 11:34 AM
I'll try to answer these questions, now :D

Will trees always grow back as the same tree that was felled?

I don't know :) Probably if the stump remains it will regrow, if it is eradicated, it will not regrow, but I'm just making suppositions here.

How long will it take for a tree to respawn?

I don't know :) It seems some 24 hours should be enough.

Is it not possible for the tree to 'grow' rather than just appear fully grown?

I have never seen a small tree. In Xsyon that is.

does ckopping the stump make any difference the to tree re-spawn?

As I mentioned above, maybe.

Finally, will we be able to plant or cultivate our own trees?

I don't think so. It's not in the feature list so I wouldn't count on that. More than mere trees, I hope there will be ways to plant fruits and vegetables.

cbowsin
06-10-2010, 11:53 AM
pid73 wrote:

I don't think so. It's not in the feature list so I wouldn't count on that. More than mere trees, I hope there will be ways to plant fruits and vegetables.

Agriculture is under the Evolution category. So in theory they plan on having it. What we will be able to farm won't be known until they implement it.

pid73
06-10-2010, 11:56 AM
cbowsin wrote:

pid73 wrote:

Agriculture is under the Evolution category. So in theory they plan on having it. What we will be able to farm won't be known until they implement it.

Yeah. I hope it will be possible to plant tomatoes and potatoes and stuff, with a nice fence around it and all. This would be great :)

I want a Farmville port into Xsyon :D

Snake
06-10-2010, 11:59 AM
yeah lol, so here hahaha.

Nitesky01
06-11-2010, 09:46 AM
pid73 wrote: I want a Farmville port into Xsyon :D

Sorry pid, but I am gona have to knock ya on the noggin for that...

/smacks pid over the head with the Nerf ROFL-Waffle bat.
/Several times.
/really hard.

Booo.. NO SCAMVILLE!!!! :angry: ITS NOT AN MMO, AND SURE THE HELL AIN'T A REAL GAME!!!! ITS A FREAKING DISEASE!!!!

Lol, I bust my rommie's chops all the time for playing "scamville" so much. :) And for the last time, no... you cant borrow my +3 special pre-order craftsman edition weed-eater!! LOL... Couldn't help that one.

/TTHHHWWAAAPPPP! one more time for good measure. :silly:

Seriously though, it will defiantly be interesting to see how farming and agriculture is implemented. Will be a new concept to me in a game/MMO setting, so here's to hoping they pull it off right.

/cheers

pid73
06-11-2010, 11:29 AM
It's not really new.
In Wurm you can do it and even steal carots from other's gardens and stuff :D
I... have to leave the forum for a week now.

*bag of freezed peas on bump*

Cunk
06-11-2010, 02:01 PM
Wurm is the most involved I've seen any MMO get with farming and it's not even that involved. It's really just a waiting game. I'd certainly like to see a game that takes it further.

zephar123
06-11-2010, 03:06 PM
THose are good questions on the trees I have wondered myself. I know currently the way they appear is not completly intended as ive seen bugs they respawn them and of course naturally, all the server data base resets.

celestial_fury
06-11-2010, 03:30 PM
hi all

I know this one:

If you destroy a stump the tree has gone for ever. ;)

kiwibird
06-11-2010, 08:10 PM
Cunk wrote:

Wurm is the most involved I've seen any MMO get with farming and it's not even that involved. It's really just a waiting game. I'd certainly like to see a game that takes it further.

A tale in the desert (atitd.com), has a very in depth farming system.

First you have to obtain the seeds (per chance really). Then you have to find out how they grow... Sand, Grass, Dirt and what, how often and how frequently it may require watering.

You may find that Eggplants requires between 1-7 jugs of water five times till it grows to completion. This is a instant mini-game of farming... its okay, but not for all crops.

ATITD has always had "Carrot Waves" that is a bonus "wave" flows over the ground and you may if you are on the wave get +20 carrots.

Cunk
06-11-2010, 08:39 PM
Yeah, I forgot about some of the more complex parts of farming in ATITD. I was just thinking of flax which is pretty basic. But yeah, the other types involve some gaming.