PDA

View Full Version : how much do you wana bet

eminnhawk
06-11-2010, 12:40 AM
that not even 3 hours after the new update comes out the forums are going to BLOW UP

joexxxz
06-11-2010, 12:43 AM
In what way, u think? :huh:

Virtus
06-11-2010, 11:42 AM
blow up in what way? website server go down? a massive influx of people?

eminnhawk
06-11-2010, 12:42 PM
massive influx of people all the people that preordered are going to get on and then start posting on the forums about the new build i give it 3 hours before people start doing this after the new build is released

cbowsin
06-11-2010, 12:51 PM
I'm working Monday so won't be me. Maybe that evening. muahaha. :P

antman
06-11-2010, 01:13 PM
same here wont be downloading till the evening

Cunk
06-11-2010, 06:38 PM
Which time window was that?

(Why be vague and force someone to ask you what you mean?)

Wizlock23
06-11-2010, 07:43 PM
i dont think it missed anything ...they are doing the best thing ever! Dont release a game early just to make ppl happy (i.e ppl making posts like the one im refering to) . Best to make ppl wait till its DONE so ppls first impressions isnt "omg this is a peice of shit " instead of " omg i cant wait to play , wish it would release"

I know which one sounds better to me :)

Viva Xyson

eminnhawk
06-11-2010, 08:27 PM
Dont get me wrong im REALLY hyped about this game and i really cant wait to play

Wizlock23
06-11-2010, 08:56 PM
eminnhawk wrote:

Dont get me wrong im REALLY hyped about this game and i really cant wait to play

sorry that wasnt directed at you ...i ment someone else who posted

Veldern
06-12-2010, 01:50 AM
I never expected it to be out when they first planned it... No MMO I've ever heard of that was worth playing did. In fact, if you thought it was, you might just be stupid enough to thinks MO is going to eventually be good...

Cunk
06-12-2010, 02:40 AM
I guess I just don't care all that much about the delays. Even if my interest in this game has diminished because of these delays who cares? It's just another game to play. If this one isn't ready I'll go play others in the meantime. I've got Dawntide open as I type this.

I do understand that there's always the risk that if an MMO falters too long in getting to the point where they can sustain themselves financially then yeah, the game could fold but why worry about that until it happens? And if it happens, well, I guess I'm out $40. I've spent more than that on shitty single-player games that I couldn't bear to put more than a few hours into.

REVKhA
06-12-2010, 05:28 AM
lol @ idiot calling others fanboys when he's calling darkfail and MO sandboxes and praising them. Go away nobody cares.
Go play your superior Dawntide too lmfao.

Jadzia
06-12-2010, 11:06 AM
Xsyon isn't focused on the same playerbase as Darkfall and MO. Many of us have never ever thought of playing those games, and never will. There aren't any new sandbox game coming out which is not focused on PvP, only Xsyon. So the players who found this game originally and haven't come from Darkfall forums are still excited about this game and willing to wait. And Dawntide...that game is so buggy, very very far from being released, and right now it looks very boring, hopefully they will improve it.

zephar123
06-12-2010, 11:50 AM
Cunk wrote:

I guess I just don't care all that much about the delays. Even if my interest in this game has diminished because of these delays who cares? It's just another game to play. If this one isn't ready I'll go play others in the meantime. I've got Dawntide open as I type this.

I do understand that there's always the risk that if an MMO falters too long in getting to the point where they can sustain themselves financially then yeah, the game could fold but why worry about that until it happens? And if it happens, well, I guess I'm out $40. I've spent more than that on shitty single-player games that I couldn't bear to put more than a few hours into.

I pretty much feel same way. I think the upcoming patch will say alot as well. I hope the team best and glad they are going hold off untill it right.

zephar123
06-12-2010, 11:51 AM
Jadzia wrote:

Xsyon isn't focused on the same playerbase as Darkfall and MO. Many of us have never ever thought of playing those games, and never will. There aren't any new sandbox game coming out which is not focused on PvP, only Xsyon. So the players who found this game originally and haven't come from Darkfall forums are still excited about this game and willing to wait. And Dawntide...that game is so buggy, very very far from being released, and right now it looks very boring, hopefully they will improve it.

I in same mind set you are in about this. Although ive played alot of PVP games, I prefer more of the creating and crafting.

Jadzia
06-12-2010, 02:59 PM
prokop15 wrote:

Jadzia wrote:

Xsyon isn't focused on the same playerbase as Darkfall and MO. Many of us have never ever thought of playing those games, and never will.

What... Have you not been reading these forums for the past 4 months? There is a large amount of players from Darkfall interested in this game, and in MO.

There aren't any new sandbox game coming out which is not focused on PvP, only Xsyon. So the players who found this game originally and haven't come from Darkfall forums are still excited about this game and willing to wait. And Dawntide...that game is so buggy, very very far from being released, and right now it looks very boring, hopefully they will improve it.

Fair enough. Your demographic apparently has no other choice but to wait. That crew must be whats keeping this forum BUSTLING.

All I'm saying is that I don't think tossing firestarting skill into the game, at this point, will be winning many players back.
What I meant was that Darkfall and MO are focused on PvP, so they are supposed to attract the PvP loving players. Xsyon isn't focused on PvP, so its main playerbase is supposed to be players who loves crafting, building, etc, and some PvP here and there.

Players who like hardcore PvP games may be interested in Xsyon, but they would get disappointed anyway, so its not a real problem if they leave now for MO or Darkfall. Others who are here to play a sandbox game which main features are exploring, building, crafting won't leave since there aren't any other games like that out there. (only Wurm, but its dated graphics scares people away.)

And forum not bustling is ok, why should it be...it will be alive again when there will be more features added to the game.

Relandi
06-12-2010, 03:22 PM
I think you're going to be sadly mistaken about how many PvPers stick around, Jadzia.

That is, if they can get combat to be more than "swing, swing, you win".

Jadzia
06-12-2010, 04:05 PM
Relandi wrote:

I think you're going to be sadly mistaken about how many PvPers stick around, Jadzia.

That is, if they can get combat to be more than "swing, swing, you win".
If they stick around thats good. What I'm worried about is disappointment. I'm worried that a part of the playerbase will be disappointed in the game after Prelude...and its because of the lack of information. Why can't we get to know how tribe wars or town sieges will work ?

Players have to wait 4 months minimum for the game to be launched. Then they have to wait for like 6 months to play after-Prelude. After waiting so long, what if the after-Prelude features are something they don't like ? Why can't we get to know them now and decide if they are worth the wait ?

If a PvPer waits 10 months to play the features he loves and the game turns out to be something very different I can understand if he gets upset. It would be much better to avoid this. We only need some info.

joexxxz
06-12-2010, 07:22 PM
Jadzia

Thats why it called a sandbox game, u will find out everything while u play. U want to know ahead how everything works? Why?

Jadzia
06-13-2010, 04:49 AM
joexxxz wrote:

Jadzia

Thats why it called a sandbox game, u will find out everything while u play. U want to know ahead how everything works? Why?
Well lol thats a new definition of sandbox games...not to be aware of its features. Why to have a feature page at all then ? Just say 'come people play this game its sandbox you're gonna love it!'.

Ok let me explain whats my problem. Lets say a PvP player is interested in this game cause of open PvP. He somehow overlooked the 'severe consequences' part, already set up for a disappointment. He doesn't like the safe zones of course, but willing to wait after Prelude when they will disappear (he thinks) and when he will be able to attack and destroy villages (he thinks). He tests the game for 4 months, plays Prelude for 6 months, while can hardly wait for the 'real' features like town sieges.

Finally after Prelude arrives, and it turns out that tribe wars and sieges are only capture the flag games...or they are based on mutual agreement or there is a server split with another server with safe zones and no sieges. This is the point when I guess the PvPer will get very angry and upset (and thats really understandable) and going to badmouth the game. Do the developers really want that ? Is it fair toward the players who hope to play an FFA PvP game with destroying tribe villages and stuffs like that ? I can't see any reason why these features are not announced clearly.

pid73
06-13-2010, 04:54 AM
My 2 cents on this:

1) first cent: Jadzi is right, because there are some features that are GENRE-DEFINING (like open pvp, hello kitty animations, similar stuff). So these GENRE-DEFINING features should be known *AND* invariant.
2) second cent: joeXXX is right, because in sandbox games it's very fun to explore features and they should be kept under wraps but not impossible to uncover, so a good balanced is required to make it fun to fiddle around with these. But this should be limited to features that are NOT GENRE-DEFINING.

playing a game for months, and then being thrown into a completely differente GENRE is not fun at all. I don't think Jordi would make such a huge mistake.

It's like Disney makes a movie where trailers and the first part is Mickey Mouse and then, suddenly, unbeknownst to the spectators, the second part of the very same movie is a social documentary about ex-violin players of the CCCP.

zephar123
06-13-2010, 12:20 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but I just wanna know rather looks like monday deadline will be reached or not. I mean I have no issue if its going to take a few days longer. It is the not knowing part tha5t drives you mad :woohoo: .

I really have to respect that the developers of this game are working over the weekend to get it done, instead of sleeping like mention in another game :P

joexxxz
06-14-2010, 06:58 AM
Pid73, thanks for your two cents... Well done... :)
Jadzia and you right also, some info from DEV team would be nice about what u mentioned :)

pid73
06-14-2010, 08:30 AM
joexxxz wrote:

Pid73, thanks for your two cents... Well done... :)
Jadzia and you right also, some info from DEV team would be nice about what u mentioned :)

AFAIK there is no official dev info about that, but my considerations are general, and refer to product marketing in general... be it a movie, grocery goods or any commodity. You have to say what you are selling, be accurate and truthy.

jessebfox
06-14-2010, 11:52 AM
prokop15 wrote:
Fair enough. Your demographic apparently has no other choice but to wait. That crew must be whats keeping this forum BUSTLING.

Some people don't feel the need to raise post count, and are patient enough to wait for something worthy to discuss rather than the same old arguments over and over again. As in any game, the majority of players don't even post.

There may be a "large amount" of players from DF and MO in the forums, but in general I would say those are far more vocal (and caustic) people and just because a decent percentage of people on the Forums are from those 2 games, it does not mean that a large percentage of the preorders are from there.

The forum going population never is a true microcosm of the in game population.