PDA

View Full Version : Unable to connect to patch server...

Darkbless
06-16-2010, 08:11 AM
Anybody else has any problems like this?
I get this message after I enter my login and password.
Or its just about my "luck" on timing and I keep catching patch server on its offline time?

Got the same problems with the June 14th update and now on the latest too.

Stephens
06-16-2010, 08:39 AM
I'm getting "Error could not create a file"

Stephens
06-16-2010, 09:12 AM
This is getting to be crap. I will never buy a pregame again. Either it works or it shouldn't be up at all. What a waste of money, and TIME. damn. The patch on the 14th worked. now I get "error could not create a file.

Xsyon
06-16-2010, 10:42 AM
Darkbless, please let me know if you still have this problem. The patch server is up. It was only offline briefly.

Stephens, please contact me at support@notorious-games.com and I'll work to solve this problem.

We do test the patcher over and over, but in house we don't encounter these errors so it takes a wider group of players to find them.

pid73
06-16-2010, 10:47 AM
Cool, I have a similar problem.
I get "Error: Incorrect User Name.", but I didn't change anything.

Maybe is the patcher down?
On the patcher window there should be a "beacon" showing if the patch server is actually online. A simple ping would suffice and a red/green led showing if it got back in say 3 seconds... or similar thing.

pid73
06-16-2010, 10:48 AM
pid73 wrote:

Cool, I have a similar problem.
I get "Error: Incorrect User Name.", but I didn't change anything.

Maybe is the patcher down?
On the patcher window there should be a "beacon" showing if the patch server is actually online. A simple ping would suffice and a red/green led showing if it got back in say 3 seconds... or similar thing.

Ho! Behold! I just connected... apparently the server was down for some seconds :)

All fine here now!

Xsyon
06-16-2010, 10:48 AM
Pid, your error was causing by some settings being reset by Windows Update. It's working now.

Darkbless
06-17-2010, 01:40 PM
My problem is still on =( just tried to connect a few times. And I am 100% sure that login and password are correct.

Xsyon
06-17-2010, 01:45 PM
If you're trying just now, it's because I'm doing an update. It will be back up in a few minutes. Bad timing! :)

Foxco
06-17-2010, 01:51 PM
I am also getting the message "Error:Unable to connect to patch server

Oh cool as I was checking the exact message I tried once more and it started up but it had started for a few seconds before then stopped looks good this time though

Xsyon
06-17-2010, 02:03 PM
Darkbless, can you log on now?

pid73
06-17-2010, 02:03 PM
Just tried to connect without patching (didn't leave the login screen from prior to patch) but the server says: Incorrect game version :D

Good job!

Freakk ForeHire
06-17-2010, 04:29 PM
I am having the same problem.

Is it being addressed or is it on my end?

Freakk ForeHire
06-17-2010, 04:40 PM
I did more research and got it fixed.
It is patching right now.

Darkbless
06-18-2010, 12:43 AM
I can't check it right now, but I tried about 1.5 hour ago (back from this post time) got the same problem. I'll be able to try again in 7 hours or so. I guess bad timing again =))))

Is there any chance to check if the patch server is up? May be the problem is on my side.

zephar123
06-18-2010, 12:50 AM
did you re-download the client patch as it was changed again in last day or so?

Xsyon
06-18-2010, 03:53 AM
Is there any chance to check if the patch server is up?

Aside from being down for about 5-10 minutes twice a day for my minor updates, it's been up constantly since the move to the new servers on Monday.

Darkbless, please email me when you're around and we'll test this.

Freakk ForeHire, how did you resolve the problem?

One other player had this issue and an uninstall / reinstall fixed it. The problem seemed to have been in firewall or antivirus settings that are not being changed by a simple reinstall. This is likely because we moved to the new server location, so the patcher is connecting to a new IP.

Darkbless
06-18-2010, 05:46 AM
Xsyon, ok I will try to uninstall the client and install it again. If it fails, I'll contact you directly and we'll test.

P.S. I was trying to avoid re-downloading full game... But it seems I'll have to do it. :)

zephar123: I couldn't connect to the patch server on both last patches.

Darkbless
06-18-2010, 09:01 AM
Reinstalled it and it is working now.
I suspect that the problem was in the installation paths. I have noticed that on previous patches we could choose path to install launcher (not the game files). And I didn't see anything like this on the last two updates. And after reinstall the launcher installed on the default path. May be the problem appears when you try to update old non-default path launcher with the new one.