PDA

View Full Version : The green fog of Tamarack

CrazyMoe
06-26-2010, 07:58 AM
I was exploring the world, looking for some Rubber Scrap when I encountered a very strange phenomenon.
A weird green fog was covering the whole region in front of me, I tried to go forward but it was so dense I couldn't see what was in front of me, so I walked back on the road.

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/6892/xsyongreen.jpg

Anyone has an explanation to this ?

CrazyMoe
06-26-2010, 08:10 AM
I tried to enter the fog, sprinting straight forward to see if I could cross it... It did not end well. It is highly toxic and entering the green cloud will kill you in a few seconds.

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/4102/xsyondead.jpg

REVKhA
06-26-2010, 08:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWsJcg-g1pg

Jadzia
06-26-2010, 12:13 PM
That green fog shows the borders of the world, and yes, its poisonous so don't go too deep into it :)

Dune Edenbaum
06-28-2010, 11:56 AM
Jadzia wrote:

That green fog shows the borders of the world, and yes, its poisonous so don't go too deep into it :)

What exactly is the green fog? like is it a toxic gas that just radiates there? or is it some type of force brought about by some powerful celestial being?

Jadzia
06-28-2010, 12:25 PM
Dune Edenbaum wrote:

Jadzia wrote:

What exactly is the green fog? like is it a toxic gas that just radiates there? or is it some type of force brought about by some powerful celestial being?
Hmm I think we don't know that yet...perhaps we will discover it ingame, or it will remain a mistery :)

Virtus
06-28-2010, 01:16 PM
Jadzia wrote:

Dune Edenbaum wrote:

Jadzia wrote:

Hmm I think we don't know that yet...perhaps we will discover it ingame, or it will remain a mistery :)

:pinch:

cbowsin
06-28-2010, 01:27 PM
Virtus wrote:

Jadzia wrote:

Dune Edenbaum wrote:

Jadzia wrote:

:pinch:

Would be neat when we go from Prelude to the next installment and the world expands in size we have a series of tasks and events to let us be the ones who lift the mist to open the world some more.

pid73
06-29-2010, 02:21 AM
cbowsin wrote:

Would be neat when we go from Prelude to the next installment and the world expands in size we have a series of tasks and events to let us be the ones who lift the mist to open the world some more.

That's what will happen, at least it was said so some months ago. Obviously, until it's done you never know, but I think to remember that Jordi siad that months or a year *after prelude* (that is, after prelude is ended, not after year zero) there will be expansions to add content and let more players in. The room for the new tribes will be added by pushing back the mist. Maybe there was something about the L.A. or San Francisco area, but don't quote me on that, it was many months ago!

Zarma
08-13-2010, 12:18 PM
One of the features is that it will eventually mutate animals. Probably the main reason I bought the game was to realize my dream:

MUTANT BEAR CALVARY

Nick2279
08-19-2010, 10:24 AM
pid73 wrote:

cbowsin wrote:

That's what will happen, at least it was said so some months ago. Obviously, until it's done you never know, but I think to remember that Jordi siad that months or a year *after prelude* (that is, after prelude is ended, not after year zero) there will be expansions to add content and let more players in. The room for the new tribes will be added by pushing back the mist. Maybe there was something about the L.A. or San Francisco area, but don't quote me on that, it was many months ago!

The expansion would have to be quite big for that to be realistic. More likely they will allow acces to Carson City, and Gardnervile.

IakXastur
08-19-2010, 10:51 AM
So we can have some dilapidated towns, instead of just wilderness...that could be really interesting to see and play around with. Zombies or some such coming out of banks and such forth