PDA

View Full Version : So i cant?

desaster02
06-30-2010, 11:40 AM
so i cant buy the game with a Prepaid visa or mastercar? or did some1 buyd with it? :ohmy: would be nice id some1 can tell thanks

cbowsin
06-30-2010, 12:06 PM
I believe Virtus stated they didn't accept them but I would find it very strange if they did not. I'm not sure who notorious-games setup processing with but the whole purpose of the Visa Gift Card is that it acts as any Visa card and is accepted anywhere, where Visa is accepted*

*Please read the ToS of the card as there are some industries that can not, do not, or may not accept them.

Virtus
06-30-2010, 01:31 PM
I am unsure but i do not think they do. The reason for this is that the payment is recurring and a pre-paid can run out of money and there would be no-one to over charge.

Only way I could say for sure is to try it.

Cunk
06-30-2010, 01:50 PM
I've tried to use Visa gift cards in various situations (not online) and they don't always work for some reason. No idea why.

cbowsin
06-30-2010, 02:34 PM
A prepaid card would be problematic if reoccurring billing is the only option. Many subscription games have the option for the player whether to automaticllay charge the card or not to do so.

Thus with a prepaid card you would not want that option since those prepaid cards are usually non-rechargeable but would have to make a payment each month, often switching cards to do so when funds are depleted. No different then how game card payment method works.

Don't recall what was stated about that, but I believe they plan on implementing an account management site with billing info.

Visa Gift Card FAQ (http://usa.visa.com/personal/cards/prepaid/gift_card_faq.html#anchor_20)

Virtus
06-30-2010, 07:07 PM
yeah, A none recurring option will not be available, you will just cancel the subscription when ever you wish. So sounds like a deff no on the pre-paid cards.

However, I think in the future we will get affiliates that you will be able to buy from. This would be good as a gift for someone and could pay for initial fee or x months. In this scenario a pre-paid would work.

However, beyond me throwing the idea out to jooky nothing more has come of this so don't go begging and pleading for it and asking where is it.

desaster02
06-30-2010, 11:55 PM
eh... damn so i cant buy it

Burbuckle
08-29-2010, 04:58 PM
So what are people who don't have credit cards supposed to do? Is there a paypal option at least

Kitsume
08-29-2010, 05:10 PM
Burbuckle wrote:

So what are people who don't have credit cards supposed to do? Is there a paypal option at least

When the new website/forums are up, they will be adding other payment options. Though it should of been up by now, there have been some issues, the projected switch to the new forums should be with in a week to 10 days now from what I hear.

WillBingham
08-29-2010, 09:13 PM
My wife and I use a Money Pak prepaid Visa card for the games that we play. We have very good control over it and if some how the account is hacked we minimize our loses. 4 soon to be 5 gaming accounts and no problems yet.

zeph
08-30-2010, 07:47 AM
Debit vs credit.... Merchants need to set up their accounts for both sometimes... Some visas behave as a debit where you think it was a credit charge... Sometimes its on your end not the merchant, so always ask if your prepaid works as both debit and credit this way your covered on both ends...

Skeltem
08-30-2010, 09:05 AM
I paid my pre-order with my prepaid Visa without problem.

aliksteel
08-30-2010, 09:44 AM
prepaid with Walmart money card visa

Burbuckle
08-30-2010, 10:16 AM
ah maybe I'll give it a try then when I can, although they'd probably have paypal working by then anyways, thanks for all the replies