PDA

View Full Version : animal rate

myeadon
07-06-2010, 02:25 PM
Was the animal spawn rate lowered during that last update? I saw tons of animals before but now they are kind of rare, for me anyway maby im looking in the wrong places?

Virtus
07-06-2010, 02:29 PM
the animals are not yet set to auto spawn we have to do it (at least this was the case a few days ago). So as people kill them it will be harder and harder to find them. Maybe he will have anotehr re spawn session later...not sure

cbowsin
07-06-2010, 03:05 PM
I don't think they plan to implement 'normal' MMO MoB spawning where you can just stand in one spot and keep killing the one mob over and over.

No set creature spawns or re-spawns. Animals multiply based on the current creature population.

Creatures can overrun areas or be depleted.

Creatures gravitate towards different areas based on mood and weather.

Even if the Devs have to manually add the MoBs, are they working as designed where they want to move away from the area in which so many of their kin are being slaughtered or is that a feature not yet turned on?

Haggis
07-06-2010, 03:19 PM
well I have still to see a single bird , rabbit, buterfly, mouse , deer, rat, fly, mosquito, ant.....etc.

I dont think they have coded them yet,

OHH anf BTW, ADVERTISED launch date Aug 15 2010 ---- I will be taking a refund if not launched, not very impressed yet.

Mims44
07-06-2010, 03:51 PM
1: This explains why I walked around for an hour or so today and saw no animals lol.

2: to above post, I kinda understand the sentiment, when i pre-ordered I was under the impression the game was in late late beta stage. And upon getting in game it looked more late alpha or very beginning beta stage. Nonetheless if these guys deliver only 75% of whats planned this will be an amazing game and worth every penny.

only time will tell though;) lol

Virtus
07-06-2010, 04:02 PM
cbowsin, I'm not ignoring your question, I just don't feel I'm the best person to be giving the proper answer about that.

Haggis wrote:

well I have still to see a single bird , rabbit, buterfly, mouse , deer, rat, fly, mosquito, ant.....etc.

OHH anf BTW, ADVERTISED launch date Aug 15 2010 ---- I will be taking a refund if not launched, not very impressed yet.

Not the place to discuss this but I will answer your statement. I see you have ordered recently. Upon ordering the order page does state that the August 15th date is tentative and has a chance of being changed.

Also, to note about refund, until 2 months after the release date there are no charges after the initial fee.

If you would like to continue this we can do so via PM or i can move this to another section of the forums.

Edit: Animals are in the test server Haggis: deer, coyote, bear, raccoon.

Paradox
07-06-2010, 04:05 PM
Haggis wrote:

Cool story.
Is that you in your avatar?

Xsyon
07-06-2010, 04:12 PM
Right now, animals are quite aggressive with each other and are killing each other off :)

There are lots of tweaks happening daily with the creatures and we don't have the breeding function running, because we are spawning creatures manually for testing.