PDA

View Full Version : When will Animals be back in game?

Hurk
07-16-2010, 06:57 PM
Seems there are no animals in the game right now. Will they possibly be in over the weekend?

Virtus
07-16-2010, 06:58 PM
yesterday there was 800 some lol don't see how they could of gone that quickly, they are scattered all around hte edge of the world.

However, there will be a database wipe soonish, which I am guessing will remove the animals anyway.

Gamefreak
07-16-2010, 06:59 PM
We were just on a few minutes ago, the server crashed. Also we ran for like 20 minutes and didn't see a single creature.

REVKhA
07-16-2010, 07:02 PM
I killed a bear that had a humanoid form once... it had cool ai.

REVKhA
07-16-2010, 07:03 PM
just spawn 800 mutants at round hill

CrazyMoe
07-17-2010, 03:36 AM
Just wondering, do the animals have a realistic behavior in Xsyon ? Or do they just spawn in one place waiting to get killed for their bones/meat/fur ?

Xsyon
07-17-2010, 05:01 AM
They wander around, eat, sleep, breed, chase and kill each other.

There will be a wipe very soon and we'll respawn them. There are lots of creatures in the game right now, but they might have been killing each other off, or they might have wandered too far from the Lake.

Nails
07-18-2010, 12:57 AM
A guy in our tribe did report taht he was about 20 bears all swimming north across the lake, aren't bears solitary animals?

Risk
07-18-2010, 01:24 AM
That was most likely Celest...he likes to spawn armies of animals and has players take them out...many elude...got attacked in 840 close to a half hour previously asking who was swimmin across tajo...was a dang cayote...
Same cayote...I think at the time I was the only one on..happens.. but it's trajectory and mine ended in 930...Like it had a hone on me..
Wouldnt have a problem, If i could harvest it..I make South Camp Armour, Cayote req, but I cant harvest.

Love the animals when yer kin aint spawning them...hehe

And looking forward too Hunting Skill, wouldn't mind having a few sets of HellBone armor off of Revs carcus..

Risk
07-18-2010, 01:36 AM
Xsyon wrote:

There will be a wipe very soon and we'll respawn them. There are lots of creatures in the game right now, but they might have been killing each other off, or they might have wandered too far from the Lake.

If this is in, it's not seen...all the animals do is walk five paces..pause..walk five paces in the same direction...I've never seen an animal change unless it locks on one of us..

Not nocking, but all the animals ive seen act as zombies till they lock onto a human... sry

kiwibird
07-18-2010, 01:40 AM
I believe this is there current setting. I don't think they do anything else other than have a wide range of aggression. However the information I have is rather old.

Risk
07-18-2010, 01:49 AM
Aye,
I belive this too..just still hoping the sayings on the animals are a fore front to the past sayings on the craft skills..
Which is harder, making an AI where bears screw or a craft system that shows which grades are harder to make and harder to learn?
Sry, just feeling it would be better to work on the craft over the hunt...just a simple players opinion.

tredo
07-18-2010, 04:42 AM
Risk wrote:

Aye,
I belive this too..just still hoping the sayings on the animals are a fore front to the past sayings on the craft skills..
Which is harder, making an AI where bears screw or a craft system that shows which grades are harder to make and harder to learn?
Sry, just feeling it would be better to work on the craft over the hunt...just a simple players opinion.

Oddly enough they are tied together, bonecraft needs bones from animals, leathercraft needs hides. Guts are going to be required by several professions to make some items, if I remember correctly. Without the hunt, crafting will not be all that it is supposed to be.

Risk
07-21-2010, 01:15 AM
Tredo very good reply,

Dont know how many of ya have the lvl 70 yet but animal gets VERY spefic at that time..

Atm im scave hunting to find the patterns, and atm Leather craft seems most completed...
As we wipe very often I've only been able to make parts of three lvl 70 Armours...Celecel, Mago, and South Camp.
Got the furthest with South before last nights wipe.

South was Cayote
Celec i thin was Racoon
Mago i think was Bear
so missing the deer one...

meh will be posting the Pattern set soon

joexxxz
07-21-2010, 07:46 AM
Xsyon wrote:

.... There are lots of creatures in the game right now, but they might have been killing each other off, or they might have wandered too far from the Lake.

Thats a realistic behaviour. Creatures dont like us humans. :laugh:

Ravenstorm
07-21-2010, 04:55 PM
...I still have wound marks from the four deers that attacked me. And the coyote who stalked me on the road and the raccoon who ganked me when i logged in. Dont want to think what a bear will do to me. :blink:
No really a raccoon did kill me when I logged in. Guess all animals will attack on site...no more running up to deers and taking screenshots.

tredo
07-21-2010, 06:02 PM
The animals are all set to 100% agro right now. The true AI for animals has yet to be turned on. That is why deer hunt you, whereas after the true AI is turned on you will most likely have to hide, sneak, walk, and stalk them if you plan on getting one.