PDA

View Full Version : Scavenging Question

aliksteel
07-31-2010, 06:31 AM
I thought to put this in the new craft and skill area, But not sure if it really needs to be there.

But here is what I want to know, No matter what you pick now, You can still scaveng, You just start off with only 5 skill points. Will this be the case when the game goes live? or is it just for game testing now?

Virtus
07-31-2010, 06:35 AM
hehe, it has been like this for awhile now.

It is only temp for test so that you can try out all the actions. What I usually do is in the char creator pick the skills that need items like fishing or hunting etc.

Paradox
07-31-2010, 07:00 AM
So if you don’t pick scavenging as a starting skill than you will not be able to do it ever? Same with terraforming, hunting,…?

The way I understand your reply, the answerer is no.

Virtus wrote:

hehe, it has been like this for awhile now.

It is only temp for test so that you can try out all the actions. What I usually do is in the char creator pick the skills that need items like fishing or hunting etc.

Virtus
07-31-2010, 07:13 AM
not until someone teaches it to you or you learn it somehow.

Edit: Check the skills section of the features list.

Ravenstorm
07-31-2010, 07:17 AM
Edit. Nevermind.

acidraid
07-31-2010, 08:02 AM
Virtus wrote:

not until someone teaches it to you or you learn it somehow.

Edit: Check the skills section of the features list.

I respectfully disagree.

Quoting the section called “Basic Actions” of the features list:

Basic actions include gathering, scavenging, digging, sneaking, hiding and chopping trees.
If you have to pick scavenging in order to use it, it would be a skill based action and not a basic action.

Virtus
07-31-2010, 08:09 AM
however, acidraid, those are all options in he skill selection, of which you can pick 3.

At one point all those actions were not available and you could only select 3 from the skill section at char creation...I'm 85% sure it will revert back to this way.

Deacon
07-31-2010, 10:02 AM
EDIT: nevermind

joexxxz
07-31-2010, 11:23 AM
Ok here is a question. If im basketry,can someone teach me be a different craft skill, like toolcraft??? would be nice.

Nails
08-03-2010, 04:45 AM
Has the 'what you can find scavenging begin dependant on the area you are in' been turned on yet?

paelen
08-03-2010, 07:25 AM
joexxxz wrote:

Ok here is a question. If im basketry,can someone teach me be a different craft skill, like toolcraft??? would be nice.

I am hoping this is the case with only having one character. Eventually one character can do it all?

Nails
08-03-2010, 09:51 AM
hope not, being able to only do 1 craft encourages team work, is why I'm loving the 1 char per account. that way you can do everything yourself

kiwibird
08-03-2010, 06:37 PM
One character wont be able to do it all. Skills will decrease when not used.