PDA

View Full Version : Bare Bones

dhnurse
08-01-2010, 07:23 PM
I was wondering if you guys are still going for August.The world is so bare bones.And the players are in game seem so few.I am in hope you will push this stuff in soon.So we can test it and get up to LIVE.I cant see how we can even stress test this with so few ingame ATM.

Virtus
08-01-2010, 07:49 PM
the world, upon year zero, will be bare bones, much as it is now, at least for a while at.

As for release day august is still the plan.

Risk
08-02-2010, 12:34 AM
lol and here I was thinking a sane date was Nov 2nd..

I'm all for the game but it still has MAJOR fixes needed..and releasing before even..like 10% of whats offered ingame would be a huge mistake.

We don't even have stat info on items, or even the leveling system in place.
Two fishing poles can kill a bear just as fast as any two weapons in game...
Lag for many unknown reasons is still rampant and creature spawn lag still exists.
Tribe testing hasn't even been touched upon..
Seams like half the equip ingame need items not available..btw Sand with shell has yet to be seen...and the other half are items that aren't even useful for equips.
Half the crafting isn't even complete, and the complete parts can be maxed in one day if done right...
ie...no difficulties and no identifiers of difficulties, sets aside from Dogawa are all the same, and all of Tool and Weapon are lvl 25.
Also on that again...zero knowledge of what makes one tool better than another aside from how few mats are needed to craft it..

hehe..im getting winded but could easily go on for another page or so..
Needless to say when we Pre-Purchased we were promised a complete working game before release to pay..till then we'd help out with the testing.
I really...really...REALLY hope you don't start counting to pay on the 15th...

Macyo
08-02-2010, 02:19 AM
Risk wrote:

Lol, And I could probably add 10 pages to that as well.
I also would like to know what the hell they thinking with release date so soon?

btw, very misleading forum topic lol.

dhnurse
08-02-2010, 03:10 AM
I like to give the Xsyon Staff a big thanks for being here for our ?.
For Xsyon himself to talk to us is really great.A big hug to you!

:woohoo:

SOFWarrior
08-02-2010, 12:47 PM
I know they promised that the game would have 100% of the features planned for the start of Prelude in the game and working before they would release.

I'd agree, that right now the game isn't even close to that mark.

Having said that, they've also said in the past that they will just keep delaying it until they get to that 100%. As proof, they've already delayed the release 3 times because it wasn't ready. So I'm not too worried about them releasing it in the state it is now.

Virtus
08-02-2010, 01:17 PM
Risk wrote:

lol and here I was thinking a sane date was Nov 2nd..

I'm all for the game but it still has MAJOR fixes needed..and releasing before even..like 10% of whats offered ingame would be a huge mistake.

Two fishing poles can kill a bear just as fast as any two weapons in game...
Lag for many unknown reasons is still rampant and creature spawn lag still exists.
Tribe testing hasn't even been touched upon..
Seams like half the equip ingame need items not available..btw Sand with shell has yet to be seen...and the other half are items that aren't even useful for equips.
Half the crafting isn't even complete, and the complete parts can be maxed in one day if done right...
ie...no difficulties and no identifiers of difficulties, sets aside from Dogawa are all the same, and all of Tool and Weapon are lvl 25.
Also on that again...zero knowledge of what makes one tool better than another aside from how few mats are needed to craft it..

Needless to say when we Pre-Purchased we were promised a complete working game before release to pay..till then we'd help out with the testing.
I really...really...REALLY hope you don't start counting to pay on the 15th...

Not to tear you apart or makes excuses but:

Don't think there will be stat info on items.

This is left to the players to discover.

naktos
08-02-2010, 03:48 PM
i can see that they do have a skill upgrade in the middle exp bar.
but it is empty when you gain enough exp to use it.and it is bug.I open it up and lost my exp.

kiwibird
08-02-2010, 03:57 PM
You really think they are going to reveal how you can and cannot upgrade your character thru levels (as well as normal use)?

No offence meant here, but there will be secret knowledge on how things work :)

aliksteel
08-02-2010, 04:15 PM
I'm sorry, but when I first saw this post, I thought Troll. Then Virtus said his thing, I was still thinking troll. Now after many hours I log back on and see people that I never thought to fall into a troll pit do that exact thing.

Come on guy's, You all know better than this. The game will be ready when the game is ready. Every thing will be in place and working right. This is no BIG ASS MMO COMPANY, It Jooky and friends and this is how they plan on living for a good long time. So they are NOT going to shit where they plan to eat. Sit back and chill for a bit. Will get there.

kiwibird
08-02-2010, 04:24 PM
Troll or not my friend, everyone deserves respect.

naktos
08-02-2010, 04:29 PM
This is not a troll Pit.They really need to talk about this.I have seen some Players on other high traffic sites flame this game.Xsyon have not even left the gate yet.THis can cause them lots of income.
and it just not fair to them.I have stood in the gap for them.We need to know what going to happen at launch so we can throw mud on the fire so to say. :laugh:

aliksteel
08-02-2010, 05:07 PM
I got ya naktos, As long as your not talking about MMORPG. I with ya, But No one I ever known has put any stock into what people say on that site(MMORPG). It's like the birth place for troll's.

And I apologize for any one I disrespected.

Xx1327
08-03-2010, 03:49 PM
i don't understand how anyone here is trolling :huh:

Risk
08-05-2010, 01:46 AM
Grr..Can't quote on a phone post. Moving, only net access.
Antwhoo, Virt, ya know I respect you and we always sleek frank.
But what you say I need to hear from Jordi first hand.

Honestly the whole mystery sceme seems a tiring excuse to not implement what was told in previous interviews and the main faqs.

If Xsy himself promises that all tools WIll have different benefits and all armour and weapons..WIll have different stats come live I will trust him.
But I need to hear it from the big guy.

I still think this whole mystery thing Is a HUGE mistake, but it's not my project.
:)

Xsyon
08-05-2010, 05:13 AM
I still think this whole mystery thing Is a HUGE mistake

I just skimmed this thread, what is the 'mystery thing'?

Items will display some stats, just not exact damage values (and these will vary based on stats that you will be able to see such as quality and duration).

This isn't in right now simply because we originally had this information being displayed in an 'info' panel, which I removed. We'll implement these stats in a tool tip panel as soon as possible.

It's on our list.

naktos
08-05-2010, 06:55 AM
10 days left ...hurry hurry...overtime overtime..:-) The time for red eyes and lots of coffee!

frittsguy
08-05-2010, 07:46 AM
B) :silly: :P :lol: :silly: :woohoo:
Who needs armor!

Go NUde!
That way they cant Loot you!

Leiros
08-05-2010, 08:15 AM
aliksteel wrote:

So they are NOT going to shit where they plan to eat. Sit back and chill for a bit.

Hahaha this cracked me up.

Gotta love the south. :laugh:

Risk
08-07-2010, 02:26 AM
Thankyou thankyou, Love Virt but his response to all questions seems to be, "You have to figure it out".
I agree with you exact dmg is to easy, but basic knowledge like if a Skewered Chisel is better then an Antlered Chisel...they're all lv 25 atm.
Or basic stats on weapons...even a +5 on axes would be a great sign.
As long as we even have basic info we can start off on...well...we can work off of that.
thx Xsy!
Still think it should be moved up to Nov 2nd though... :)

WillBingham
08-07-2010, 06:58 AM
I know that those sites that are putting this game down are going to end up eating thier words. Right now what will carry this game is "word of mouth" and that is what creates the strongest character base in any game. Good reviews from Players not Reviewers is what is the key to making this game shine when it comes time.

Personally I look for several things in a game and this one so far has exceded my expectations. Some of these are:

1 - Developer participation in forums. (Virtus has almost 1200 posts.)

2 - Developers talking in chat in game. (Xsyon comes on and lets us know what is going on.)

3 - Player base that has a passion for the game not the Franchise. (See STO)

4 - Room for content that is not just rehashed quests. (See LOTRO, APB, etc.....)

5 - Being able as a single player to actually have an effect on the game. (Lumberjacking, Terraforming, etc.....)

In the end I can honestly say I had more fun scavanging (Even with the lag issues) than I had playing APB for two weeks until I ran out of content.

Just keep on doing what your doing and if you need to delay then do so. I and many others (If I can be so bold as to speak for others) will continue to try to recruit new players.