PDA

View Full Version : Question about Housing/Towns

Kibblor
08-05-2010, 01:34 PM
How exactly do you build a house/town, I haven't seen any yet in the pictures. Are there going to be houses and towns? Other than that if there are towns and houses and such can someone post a pic, and are there designated areas to build them or can you build them anywhere open

Virtus
08-05-2010, 01:40 PM
Currently there are not in game, however I can give you some information about them.

You will be able to build buildings within your tribes area of control (defined by location of totem and tribe size)

I am unsure of how the building process works as far as the actual adding of materials. Last I talked with Jooky about this, a few months ago, he was thinking about using a ghost construction. I am This ghost construction can be manipulated so that you can place the structure exactly how you want it. This ghost construction is is unconfirmed and only something we were talking about.

Hope this helps a bit.

Kibblor
08-05-2010, 02:20 PM
On that note, how many tribe areas will there be, will there be a limit like darkfall where they will all get taken up 4 hours into game start?

Virtus
08-05-2010, 02:34 PM
there will be as many tribe areas are there are tribes :) In other words, no limit set.

With that said it requires 10 people to create a tribe.

WillBingham
08-05-2010, 07:11 PM
So, if a player is not planning on joining a tribe then Terraforming (or Construction/Building should not be one their skill choices. Correct?

Virtus
08-05-2010, 07:43 PM
At this time unsure. A lot of people have shown interest in playing solo so something may be setup for them. Will just have to wait and see.

Bretton
08-06-2010, 11:05 AM
I think teraforming on a smaller scale should be available for the solo player. Instead of being able to build an entire city they should be able to teraform a small amount of land surronding there existing house. Or are houses only allowed to be built in a tribe territory?

kiwibird
08-06-2010, 04:09 PM
Most buildings are confined to the tribe territory. However Jooky was looking in allowing 'tents' or very small buildings being built on non controlled areas, but didn't say if he would or wouldn't do that.

hookie75
08-07-2010, 08:02 AM
I really hope he decides to do it because not everyone wants or likes to deal with DRAMA from large Tribes or groups ;) Yea i know it falls to the leadership of the tribe but allot of people don't want to rely on others to acomplish things other than trading goods.

Idiot savant
08-07-2010, 08:19 AM
Kibblor wrote:

How exactly do you build a house/town, I haven't seen any yet in the pictures. Are there going to be houses and towns? Other than that if there are towns and houses and such can someone post a pic, and are there designated areas to build them or can you build them anywhere open

Please don't make this like dark fall (As far as I know darkfall is failing.) where you have to protect your keeps/tribes. It's already being done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEoqBX1Z4zo

myeadon
08-07-2010, 10:41 AM
What does this video have to do with anything lol.

Kibblor
08-08-2010, 07:14 AM
They should let it be like wurm where anyone can build anything anywhere, HOWEVER...securing it under a tribe gives heavy benefits and not doing it that way requires more work

This is precisely why the idiots that are pre-ordering should stop, step back, and wait for a trial or open beta, its being released way way WAY too soon and theres no depth

Cunk
08-08-2010, 12:15 PM
The game isn't being released too soon since it will only be released once it's ready.

myeadon
08-08-2010, 04:48 PM
players are suppose to build the foundations we make the towns and quests

IakXastur
08-08-2010, 08:43 PM
Are we going to get a chance to test out "housing" pre-release or is that something that will come slightly later?

kiwibird
08-09-2010, 04:59 AM
No public information has been made about what content players will and will not be able to test before launch of the game.

There are things that I would be greatly happy to see not being tested to right till the launch of the game!

Savado
08-09-2010, 08:57 AM
Well, I for one do not plan on joining a big tribe, and I was still hoping not to be homeless... I think there should be some kind of small housing available for those of us that like to play solo.

Nick2279
08-09-2010, 10:50 AM
Savado wrote:

Well, I for one do not plan on joining a big tribe, and I was still hoping not to be homeless... I think there should be some kind of small housing available for those of us that like to play solo.

Yah beaing homeless online sux :( you cant even drink cheap wine and smell bad :(

WillBingham
08-09-2010, 01:33 PM
Nick2279 wrote:

Savado wrote:

Yah beaing homeless online sux :( you cant even drink cheap wine and smell bad :(

I had not thought about it like that but you are right. I don't want to be homeless. :unsure:

REVKhA
08-09-2010, 02:05 PM
kiwibird wrote:

No public information has been made about what content players will and will not be able to test before launch of the game.

There are things that I would be greatly happy to see not being tested to right till the launch of the game!

Completely disagree 100%

Almost all of prelude content/systems/mechanics need to be tested for 2-4 weeks for polishing, balancing, optimizations, improvements and fixes of any kind before Year Zero starts.

Burbuckle
08-31-2010, 02:38 PM
I thought I'd post in this thread rather then making a new one, here's my question.

As I recall it takes a tribe of ten to create a town/terraform, if the number of tribe members dropped below ten after creating a town or working on one, what would happen? Would you still be able to create? would it disappear? or the best option I think, would you just not be able to build any more until you have ten members again?

I also have a suggestion that people should be able to have solo totems to create in a tiny area of land in the world (enough for a tent/small house or to dig a hole) limited to one per account or something, and only available to tribeless people. I realize that may create lag, but just throwing the idea out. Although I'm in a tribe I always liked the idea of living in a tiny secluded cabin by myself, and may choose to do so later on if its possible.
:silly:

Deacon
09-02-2010, 12:15 PM
I'd kind of like to see it as it currently is...anyone can build anything anywhere....With the caveat being that the only "safe" place is in tribal areas...if you strike out on your own...you become vulnerable to the whims of others who happen upon your spot...yes...even while you're logged off. If a tribe felt your area was an eye sore, or too close to their lands...they could raze it to the ground.

With this style of building...you may even see loners, sort of grouping/building together for a saftey in numbers type of thing, but without the non-PvP saftey status. Who knows, maybe a trbe would eventually come of it....then POW!!!! ...another group likely to stay with the game even longer.

acidraid
09-02-2010, 12:45 PM
Deacon wrote:

I'd kind of like to see it as it currently is...anyone can build anything anywhere....With the caveat being that the only "safe" place is in tribal areas...if you strike out on your own...you become vulnerable to the whims of others who happen upon your spot...yes...even while you're logged off. If a tribe felt your area was an eye sore, or too close to their lands...they could raze it to the ground.

With this style of building...you may even see loners, sort of grouping/building together for a saftey in numbers type of thing, but without the non-PvP saftey status. Who knows, maybe a trbe would eventually come of it....then POW!!!! ...another group likely to stay with the game even longer.

It is an old post, but it seems that the idea of temporary camps and simple tents placed outside tribe areas was well received by the devs
Temporary Camp Feature (http://www.xsyon.com/forums/28-features/467-temporary-camp-feature)

Deacon
09-02-2010, 06:41 PM
Thanks, I must have missed that one. It's not as expansive as I'd like...but hey, cant have everything hehe