PDA

View Full Version : Nearly a 1GB downloading now

Saorlan
08-24-2010, 07:24 AM
I am taking it that there is a MAJOR content patch just added. I am downloading 725mb of new stuff on the patcher :)

Fingers crossed we have a load of new stuff to try !

Kerovan
08-24-2010, 08:30 AM
Is it just downloading the terrain.xsip file??

Saorlan
08-24-2010, 09:26 AM
That is weird. It finally downloaded, I try the game and nothing is new.

Really not sure what the 725MB I downloaded was about.

I did not stick around to see much but the terrain looked the same, no animals apart from manual spawn, half the skills not working still....

Cunk
08-24-2010, 09:40 AM
It was just tweaked textures and animations I think. Sometime last week maybe. Nothing major.

Kerovan
08-24-2010, 11:35 AM
Cunk wrote:

It was just tweaked textures and animations I think. Sometime last week maybe. Nothing major.

That is were I was going to take this thread... This happened to me the other day.

naktos
08-24-2010, 12:47 PM
hmm i just patched and it up to date on mine.

Cunk
08-24-2010, 01:49 PM
naktos wrote:

hmm i just patched and it up to date on mine.
When was the last time you played? I think this large pack was released last week. I'm guessing Saorlan just hasn't played in a little bit.

Kerovan
08-24-2010, 02:49 PM
Actually, I received this update last week while my buddy who has been playing along side me this whole time didn't download it until last night. So I am not sure what triggers the download but not everyone seems to get it at the same time.

edaw22
08-25-2010, 12:02 AM
I would suggest reading the patch notes for an accurate depiction of what has been changed.

Saorlan
09-19-2010, 02:53 AM
1.9 GB downloading now... I do not get it when I ever I go in to the game to see if anything has changed it looks exactly like it did before with no new features in terms of crafting etc. So hw the hell can it need to download nearly 3GB of data over the last month or so?

Nothing major has been patched in for the last 4 months as far as I can tell.

It is downloading: /zone.xsip

Xsyon
09-19-2010, 03:30 AM
Hello Saorlan,

The biggest patches include changes in terrain. The latest patch has all the terrain heights increased and all zones modified to add more detail and special areas.

Other large patches have included creatures or revised animations and textures (we revised all textures for better memory usage at one point).

Changes to things like the crafting system or other features are small patches, as most of the data is already patched out. For example all of the data for buildings, boulders and caves, that will be seen in game soon, were patched out a while ago.

Risk
09-20-2010, 03:50 AM
lol 1-2gb is nothing...I just DL'd the free LOTR that became available in the past few weeks...that's 10 gigs easy...4 hour wait but it passes the time between Xsyon updates.

(deleted by poster)