PDA

View Full Version : A few questions on SOTW and planned features

Kinslayer
09-14-2010, 02:12 PM
Hey all. Im fairly new here, but just wondering a couple of things.

I was reading the "under development" thread, and saw all the tribal features coming soon, but was wondering if any kind of construction system will be accompanying that, or will it follow soon after? I have also heard mention of temporary dwellings, such as tents or similar, will this be coming before Prelude, or something that is planned for later on?

Will there be any additional lore added to the game or the website? Some more info on the apocalypse in a history of the world kind of thing, or anything along these lines to help set the scene for RP'ers?

Will the tribal totems being implemented allow for tribal alliances, wars, and any other such features? I read somewhere that tribal areas will start out as safe zones, when will this be changed so tribe zones may be contested? Also, will tribe zones be safe for only that tribe, or all people?

Im sure I had some other questions, I will post later when I remember them, but this is a good start for my inquisitive mind ;)

Xsyon
09-14-2010, 02:18 PM
Hello Kinslayer,

Construction will come soon after this next update (if we can't squeeze it in with the update).

I'm not planning on any additional lore to the Xyson story for now. There are plans to introduce this over the course of the Prelude in game.

Contesting of tribal zones will be an evolution during the Prelude. For now they will be safe for everyone except for enemy tribes. Tribes will be able to declare allies and enemies but not with this next update.

Kinslayer
09-14-2010, 02:27 PM
Great, thank you for the quick reply :)

So any lore added during Prelude, will it take into account tribes RP, or will tribes have to adapt their RP to suit what is added/revealed? I guess Im wondering if our RP would shape the lore of the world, if you'll have time to look at guilds websites, etc, to see what RP they have done, or will it be done solely to your own thoughts/plans?

Kitsume
09-14-2010, 03:14 PM
How about the Cooking Skill? I didn't see it listed in the under development topic.

Xsyon
09-14-2010, 03:37 PM
How about the Cooking Skill?

It won't be in the next update, but probably in the update after that. It was almost ready months ago when I got distracted with other things and I need to wrap it up.

Kinslayer
09-15-2010, 10:14 PM
In regards to the Construction system, will there be a limit on how many buildings/structures we can build? Like in Mortal Online, they allow 1 structure per account, and that truly is a disappointment. I loved the RV construction system in that buildings could be placed anywhere (on a buildable board), and you could have 50 buildings if you could manage that.

I truly hope for the freedom of being able to own many if we desire.

Also, will there be a mechanic like in RV to rent a building, or sell a building, in game? Perhaps even the entry fee?

Xsyon
09-15-2010, 10:24 PM
There is no building limit per accounts. Tribes will impose their own limits if they choose to do so.

As for renting buildings etc., we'll see how this evolves. In the beginning we won't have this set up.

Kinslayer
09-15-2010, 11:19 PM
Awesome, thanks again for the quick reply :)

Hampy
09-16-2010, 06:42 AM
Nice

Kinslayer
09-17-2010, 03:28 PM
On naming: will we be able to have first and family names, or will we simply have to name ourselves with the one name? I guess there is the option of just naming your character with a space in its name, but it would be nice to have a 2 name system.

Snake
09-18-2010, 12:59 AM
Kinslayer wrote:

On naming: will we be able to have first and family names, or will we simply have to name ourselves with the one name? I guess there is the option of just naming your character with a space in its name, but it would be nice to have a 2 name system.

I'm astonished that this could be something interesting, because for my personal view I just like the one-name-system. That's more unique as if there were douzens of players around having the same last name. You can still decide to have this via the space as you've written, but as it is implemented yet you are free to choose. Cheers. :)

Kinslayer
09-18-2010, 02:51 AM
Snake wrote:

Kinslayer wrote:

I'm astonished that this could be something interesting, because for my personal view I just like the one-name-system. That's more unique as if there were douzens of players around having the same last name. You can still decide to have this via the space as you've written, but as it is implemented yet you are free to choose. Cheers. :)Its more of a RP/submersion thing, which is my reason for asking.

Drono
09-18-2010, 06:34 AM
Kinslayer, Multiple names doesn't assist with Immersion/RP, A long time ago I had thought it would but I've been in games where there were first and last names were unique and you get way too many Luke Skywalkers and Darth Maul/Darth Vader/Darth Sidious (all being legal first names) people think they are cute by using names of TV/Movie characters so your Immersion/RP is ruined by those players anyways, I wish it was different but you just have to RP around them and deal with players who think being a copycat with a name will "make them just as cool as the characters whose name they borrow"

Kinslayer
09-18-2010, 08:08 PM
Good point blake, it wasnt a big deal anyway, just worth asking about.

zeph
09-21-2010, 03:01 AM
Would be nice to have some additional name tag feature that actually shows guild name or abbreviation..

ie... John Doe(Guild abbreviation here)