PDA

View Full Version : Disappointing

Africanus
09-21-2010, 06:34 AM
Pretty disappointed to say the least. Knew it was in beta but past the flashy screenshots on the home page there is basically nothing.Not even those screenshots live up to the reality of ingame play.
Damn, can barely find any signs of activity.
Has it been this way for a while now?

Xsyon
09-21-2010, 06:55 AM
Most everyone is waiting for the server move and next update, because we will wipe the terrain and characters at that point.

Until then, I'm sure the game will feel very empty. It relies on players to make it come alive.

Jadzia
09-21-2010, 07:02 AM
Yes, all of us have been waiting for the update and the character wipe for the last 2-3 weeks. The update will add tribe features, I'm sure you will see much more activity after that. Many of us have been here since March, so we try to avoid beta-burnout :)

Paradox
09-21-2010, 07:32 AM
Same.

Most people I know have spent significantly less time in game these last 2 weeks because of the pending wipe. As soon as it happens things will pick up tremendously.

Saorlan
09-21-2010, 09:26 AM
Hi Africanus, nice to see another Roma Victor player here :)

Yeah no one is online at the moment as we are awaiting stuff. Give it a few weeks / months.

Dino
09-23-2010, 04:22 AM
Saorlan wrote:

Yeah no one is online at the moment as we are awaiting stuff. Give it a few weeks / months."months" lol life is not that long xD

Cunk
09-23-2010, 01:22 PM
Dino wrote:

Saorlan wrote:

Yeah no one is online at the moment as we are awaiting stuff. Give it a few weeks / months."months" lol life is not that long xD
Well, it's good to see you're cheerful about only having a few weeks left to live. Not sure why you'd waste it playing video games though.

Dino
09-23-2010, 04:49 PM
Cunk wrote:

Dino wrote:

Saorlan wrote:

Well, it's good to see you're cheerful about only having a few weeks left to live. Not sure why you'd waste it playing video games though.well playing game is not a waste of time for me, im really enjoying my time while playing games, 4-5 hours of escape from real life by games is perfect for me. It just strange to see a narrow minded person that can not separate waiting a game launch than playing it, play games.

Cunk
09-23-2010, 07:18 PM
I was making a joke about your comment that life is not long enough to wait months for something. Which would imply that you only have weeks or months left in your life.

Niburu
02-22-2011, 07:12 PM
8 guys waiting for the final wipe ^^

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 07:14 PM
Pretty disappointed to say the least. Knew it was in beta but past the flashy screenshots on the home page there is basically nothing.Not even those screenshots live up to the reality of ingame play.
Damn, can barely find any signs of activity.
Has it been this way for a while now?

Wait were you just in game? The servers are down right now...

Even with the impending wipe, there still were a lot of people playing.

Wait untill the game officially launches, and the people who are subscribed but waiting out the test phase return.

Also...another reason to keep that global chat rollin....people might not see the other players but will know that they are there and are lively...

jumpshot
02-22-2011, 07:22 PM
OP is like 4-5 months old, btw.

bruisie159
02-23-2011, 09:48 AM
Wait were you just in game? The servers are down right now...

Even with the impending wipe, there still were a lot of people playing.

Wait untill the game officially launches, and the people who are subscribed but waiting out the test phase return.

Also...another reason to keep that global chat rollin....people might not see the other players but will know that they are there and are lively...

Global chat really does need to go after final final wipe tho!

naughty
02-23-2011, 10:11 AM

:(

galagah
02-23-2011, 10:14 AM

Nice way to necro a thread from 2010 .... :P

pluzoid
02-24-2011, 03:59 AM
With all the rollbacks and wipes going on at the moment,some people are taking breaks, its not really playable, and theres only so many times can you make starting again interesting.
If anything ive taken up terraforming in my own homestead near the tribe im in, because its more fun making holes near the camp for the to drop into heehee.