PDA

View Full Version : Testers Gathering - Round Hill

Saorlan
10-15-2010, 05:56 AM
Can I suggest that we all log into Round Hill when we create characters and populate that zone for now. There are tribes in zones miles away and that really does not help testing at all.

We can all join a few tribes to start and test the process.

Otherwise when you log into the game the world is very very empty...

I will be in Round Hill starting a new Tribe called The Sangha which means community in Sanskrit :)

Or if there are already some tribes there then players can join that. Once we have a few tribes we can have a war and see if it works :)

Gamefreak
10-15-2010, 01:05 PM
It's a trap!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piVnArp9ZE0&feature=related

Wizlock23
10-15-2010, 02:10 PM
i think its the best idea for really testing everything out , its to damn hard to test crafting, gathering, pvp when u cant find anyone else....or tribe functions. I would say from now on lets make it kind of the place to spawn at jsut to make it easy on everyone to test and talk

REVKhA
10-15-2010, 02:58 PM
The implementations have always been biased to already established clans, without any real function centered to bother with lone wolves.

Saorlan
11-04-2010, 01:00 PM
Still lone clans are making shite out in the wilderness with no one there - I can not imagine there are many interested people playing this game apart from absolute nutters who like being in a place that no one will ever go to.

Seriously !

Stop making your dens out in the middle of no where and put everthing in Round Hill.

We are not playing at the moment, we are TESTING. So let all TEST in the same area.

tredo
11-04-2010, 01:57 PM
Saorlan wrote:

To be honest we should all be at one location to test this game. Some clans have found secret hide outs way away. Good luck to them and the intense boredom that will ensue if we all do that.

Why not build your shit in Round Hill so we can all interact with out running miles.

I will say it again...

There are several ways to play / test the game. Raiding and griefing is the choice method of some, while others are more interested in the mechanics of the game. There is lots of testing that can be done each zone is different. What might be working in one zone wouldn't work in another. One resource is found in one zone, while it’s not in another.

If the dev team wanted to bunch everyone up and test the game that way, they would have only turned on a few zones and left it at that.

There are many things going on in the game that few people are aware of or thinking about. High level crafting, gathering resources for trade, establishing trade routes, building a tribal area to meet the needs of the tribe as well as welcome others, but stay defendable. Manage resources at a tribal level. Govern tribal peoples, establish, develop, and test tribe function. Terrain functions and how it affects tribal development.

In short, if the dev team wanted everyone to log in, throw a few sticks in the ground and gather around them and fight they would have created a different game.

I think it’s all about what you want the game to do for you. Test it how you want to test it, if you want to bunch up some people and fight, find those that want to test like you and do it, while others will test it their way. Tribes are forming; establishing a good foundation for when year 0 gets here. You can be a solo player, you can be a tribal leader, member, or whatever you want to do. Explore the game; I can tell you however, the game is a social monster. You will eventually have to work with, for, or beside someone at some point.

Saorlan I am not sure why you keep trying to push everyone into one area, but I can tell you that your efforts would be better spent trying to devise a way to make your plan work over a great distance. The game will be played over a great distance and not in a single zone or 2, so I would keep that in mind. As I have stated on many occasions, test as you would play, that is the only way to make a game that you will, play!

VeryWiiTee
11-04-2010, 03:01 PM
tredo wrote:

Saorlan wrote:

To be honest we should all be at one location to test this game. Some clans have found secret hide outs way away. Good luck to them and the intense boredom that will ensue if we all do that.

Why not build your shit in Round Hill so we can all interact with out running miles.

I will say it again...

There are several ways to play / test the game. Raiding and griefing is the choice method of some, while others are more interested in the mechanics of the game. There is lots of testing that can be done each zone is different. What might be working in one zone wouldn't work in another. One resource is found in one zone, while it’s not in another.

If the dev team wanted to bunch everyone up and test the game that way, they would have only turned on a few zones and left it at that.

There are many things going on in the game that few people are aware of or thinking about. High level crafting, gathering resources for trade, establishing trade routes, building a tribal area to meet the needs of the tribe as well as welcome others, but stay defendable. Manage resources at a tribal level. Govern tribal peoples, establish, develop, and test tribe function. Terrain functions and how it affects tribal development.

In short, if the dev team wanted everyone to log in, throw a few sticks in the ground and gather around them and fight they would have created a different game.

I think it’s all about what you want the game to do for you. Test it how you want to test it, if you want to bunch up some people and fight, find those that want to test like you and do it, while others will test it their way. Tribes are forming; establishing a good foundation for when year 0 gets here. You can be a solo player, you can be a tribal leader, member, or whatever you want to do. Explore the game; I can tell you however, the game is a social monster. You will eventually have to work with, for, or beside someone at some point.

Saorlan I am not sure why you keep trying to push everyone into one area, but I can tell you that your efforts would be better spent trying to devise a way to make your plan work over a great distance. The game will be played over a great distance and not in a single zone or 2, so I would keep that in mind. As I have stated on many occasions, test as you would play, that is the only way to make a game that you will, play!

I approve.

My tribe are considering moving with this wipe and are currently exploring new locations to set up a camp. Some of us tests a lot and tests a lot of different things (I've been testing a lot of terraforming for one thing and woodwork) others have been testing other areas.
Whenever you get a bug, you write down what you were doing before hand, what you did during the bug and how it affected the game. If it creates a log, attach and send (or compile a lot of bugs) and you need to do this in a lot of zones to see how it works on an overall scale.

Xx1327
11-04-2010, 06:32 PM
for the sake of testing i agree with this, on the next wipe how bout you make a tribe called "TEST GROUP 1" then we'll do a 2 and 3
have them all build up in diff areas, one near water one kind on the flat ground no near water and one in the hilly area near a river

i bet we can talk to jooky bout this ask him if theres anything in particular he wants us to look at, then after a few days or week(s) we have him wipe it and carry on with our business.

everyone can suck it up and do this, we should make it mandatory for a certain time period if you come in game. start a new thread for sign up and to assign ppl to tribes

Paradox
11-04-2010, 06:37 PM
Or just join a tribe that’s already running and test with them

Shinra has almost round the clock activity if anyone is looking for a tribe. We do tons of testing.

We are in Zone 739

Xx1327
11-04-2010, 07:12 PM
Paradox wrote:

Shinra has almost round the clock activity if anyone is looking for a tribe. We do tons of testing.

We are in Zone 739

or not... that isn't dedicated testing. be quite and let the big boys talk now zergling

Paradox
11-04-2010, 07:17 PM
Xx1327 wrote:

that isn't dedicated testing.

Lol, yeah I can assure you we do some highly technical and well documented testing.

Never been called a zergling, had to google that one.
Was thinking Toy Story

tredo
11-04-2010, 08:07 PM
Xx1327 wrote:

Paradox wrote:

We are in Zone 739

or not... that isn't dedicated testing. be quite and let the big boys talk now zergling

Now that's funny! Round the clock is not dedicated testing? So just for argument sake.... what do you recommend 30 hours a day 10 days a week? Maybe that's what the days are like in Starcraft, but this is a different game in case you missed it.

EDIT: It's Starcraft Paradox, it's a small bug.

Xx1327
11-04-2010, 08:18 PM
tredo wrote:

Xx1327 wrote:

Paradox wrote:

We are in Zone 739

Now that's funny! Round the clock is not dedicated testing? So just for argument sake.... what do you recommend 30 hours a day 10 days a week? Maybe that's what the days are like in Starcraft, but this is a different game in case you missed it.

EDIT: It's Starcraft Paradox, it's a small bug.

starcraft? i play almost nothing that comes out of blizzard, if thats what your implying?

anyways now that thats out of the way i'm just gunna refer back to my original post

Paradox
11-04-2010, 08:41 PM
Xx1327 wrote:

anyways now that thats out of the way i'm just gunna refer back to my original post

Are you insinuating that we are flat out lying about testing, or maybe you are saying we are incompetent in our methods? I don’t understand your accusation so I find it hard to reply.

At any rate I don’t want to derail this thread with our discussion. I was only trying to offer a viable alternative.

Feel free to PM me if you would like to continue.

Virtus
11-04-2010, 08:55 PM
After the next wipe I plan on creating a tribe for anyone to join so that they can test all features of the game and it will be made at round hill.

Xx1327
11-05-2010, 03:14 PM
alright sounds like a plan, templar is down. We should get a list of priority things to test.

Paradox wrote:

Xx1327 wrote:

Are you insinuating that we are flat out lying about testing, or maybe you are saying we are incompetent in our methods? I don’t understand your accusation so I find it hard to reply.

At any rate I don’t want to derail this thread with our discussion. I was only trying to offer a viable alternative.

Feel free to PM me if you would like to continue.

This is a good representation of "Shinra". I've obviously not insinuated anything other than "testing" in the way you do it is not what I would call "Dedicated testing". It all revolves around benefiting your tribe, tho you might have done the actual beneficial testing for the community/devs here and there. Now I'm done trying to get "the last word" with you on a pointless argument you seem to want to throw around. if you want You can PM me since neither of you seem to realize the point I'm making.

now because i know your going to bring something up bout the "lengths" I went to, to reply to your weak response here

TL;DR I'm right your wrong stop trying to get last word.

Paradox
11-05-2010, 04:04 PM
Xx1327 wrote:

This is a good representation of "Shinra". I've obviously not insinuated anything other than "testing" in the way you do it is not what I would call "Dedicated testing". It all revolves around benefiting your tribe, tho you might have done the actual beneficial testing for the community/devs here and there. Now I'm done trying to get "the last word" with you on a pointless argument you seem to want to throw around. if you want You can PM me since neither of you seem to realize the point I'm making.

now because i know your going to bring something up bout the "lengths" I went to, to reply to your weak response here

TL;DR I'm right your wrong stop trying to get last word.

But you just pulled the premise of what we are doing out of thin air. You can’t say “you are doing this and it is not up to my standard” without defining what this or the standard is. These ambiguous claims only serve to make your argument less sound in my opinion.

That’s as silly as “I'm right your wrong stop trying to get last word.”

I think the standard should be playing the game in the manner in which is intended to uncover bugs. When bugs are found report them or if possible investigate to produce information that makes the bug report more useful to the devs. And we do that.

But you have no way to know the truth about what we do in the first place so I would say you are just talking trash.

tredo
11-05-2010, 04:05 PM
Xx1327 wrote:

alright sounds like a plan, templar is down. We should get a list of priority things to test.

Xx1327 wrote:

This is a good representation of "Shinra". Now I'm done with my pointless argument I seem to want to throw around. Now because i know your going to bring something up bout the weak response here; "I'm trying to get the last word."

Wow, thanks for the compliment, didn't expect that, however;

Everyone has their own points and ideas. Everyone has their own opinion. Let everyone play the game they way they want to. Shinra supports all its members in any way we can to help make the game more enjoyable for them, the way they want to play the game. We do not try and force any ideas about what an individual or group of individuals want to do. We have some guidelines that we all seem to follow pretty well, and that's makes a working cohesive team.

We test the game to the fullest, and I think you are missing one small thing, you have to play the game to test it. The reports we send in are a direct result in something we have found while working as a group. The dev team takes our reports, and tracks down the issue, and fixes it, therefor benefiting the whole community.

If we choose to do that somewhere outside of the hill, we can. We don't have to be under the watchful eye of anyone and even more so, we don't have to take time away from our activities to worry about someone dropping 100 bags around our walls while we are trying to test an over/under bug that we found.

So how about you do your thing, let everyone else do theirs? That's all I'm saying.

mrcalhou
11-05-2010, 04:05 PM
I think you meant "you're wrong."

Paradox
11-05-2010, 04:19 PM
mrcalhou wrote:

Well duh :)

No reason to trash each other’s tribe yet, we are all here to have fun and make this game great. There will be plenty of time for disputes later.

mrcalhou
11-05-2010, 05:09 PM
Paradox wrote:

mrcalhou wrote:

Well duh :)

That was directed at Xx1327

Firebat
11-05-2010, 05:28 PM
well ill be joining an existing one, because im new and theres nothing but trees and rocks in 777

mrcalhou
11-05-2010, 07:01 PM
I'll put some time in after the wipe.