PDA

View Full Version : Database wipe?

tredo
10-20-2010, 06:34 PM
Xsyon wrote:

This is primarily an fix update with a few minor features turned on. I haven't wiped anything so there will be some database issues from previous updates. I will wipe the database with the next feature update.

Does this include characters and terrain ?

Risk
10-20-2010, 09:10 PM
just guessing but since it was mentioned it was going to be one of the Big Updates, Im guessing it'll be both... After all we're getting Carpentry so tons of terraforming might become obsolete. :cheer:

tredo
10-20-2010, 09:12 PM
Risk wrote:

just guessing but since it was mentioned it was going to be one of the Big Updates, Im guessing it'll be both... After all we're getting Carpentry so tons of terraforming might become obsolete. :cheer:

My thoughts exactly Risk, was just hoping I could get a confirmation from the big kahuna! :silly:

Risk
10-21-2010, 03:51 AM
lol yah know were not gunna get a date. :laugh:
For us, they want us to play and test till the last moment before announcing it.
For them they dont want the complete die off on server the day before wipe.

I just keep acting like I normally do...attaining a full set of Castle Rock...if we get a wipe, I start over and have more time killer...hehe.

Plus im testing an are that i seem to keep crashing in...just more stuff to do during the slow season.

Xsyon
10-21-2010, 05:02 AM
The construction update won't require a terrain wipe, but it will require that we wipe characters and objects.

tredo
10-21-2010, 06:18 AM
Thanks for the heads up...

Bossman
10-21-2010, 06:33 AM
NO to a terrain wipe :blink:

Shaggy
10-21-2010, 10:42 AM
Of course Shinra doesn't want a terrain wipe ;)

Cunk
10-21-2010, 12:05 PM
I don't even understand how or why you Shinra guys spend so much time grinding skills and terraforming your village when you know it will all get wiped out sooner than later. It's a level of obsession that I frankly find disturbing.

REVKhA
10-21-2010, 12:07 PM
Cunk wrote:

I don't even understand how or why you Shinra guys spend so much time grinding skills and terraforming your village when you know it will all get wiped out sooner than later. It's a level of obsession that I frankly find disturbing.

They love to jumpstart others, it's a fucking powertrip.

They really enjoy the terraforming exploit to level quicker and then they chest pound about it.

Canadian
10-21-2010, 12:18 PM
REVKhA wrote:

Cunk wrote:

They really enjoy the terraforming exploit to level quicker and then they chest pound about it.

what terraforming exploit? you should report that. you use the word exploit like every other sentence what happend to you?

tredo
10-21-2010, 03:07 PM
I am a bone crafter, today is the first day I had time to do any type of terraforming as I didn't choose it as a base skill. Helped lay some tile to shape up the ground work. Didn't notice an exploit other then I didn't have to have a shovel equipped to do it.

Deacon
10-21-2010, 03:28 PM
Canadian wrote:

REVKhA wrote:

Cunk wrote:

what terraforming exploit? you should report that. you use the word exploit like every other sentence what happend to you?

He meanss that terraforming raises leveling extremely fast, which buys other skill points, like combat skills.

Canadian
10-21-2010, 03:49 PM

Risk
10-23-2010, 04:33 AM
Oi! Tredo, If we ever get manual friending or if im in zone, my ingame name is Risk too, gimme a holler. I'd be happy to make as many leather straps as I can based on how many threads I have...rule is 1 thread = 3 straps +- fail...

after next wipe id be happy to meet up.