jon thatcher
10-29-2010, 11:50 PM
youtube it!!

Kinslayer
10-30-2010, 02:22 AM
Been there, done that, it sucked!

Saorlan
10-30-2010, 04:47 AM
I think that the vast majority of people will have already tried out Darkfall before coming here.

But if they haven't then yes they should do first and also Mortal Online.

Virtus
10-30-2010, 07:34 AM
and them come back and praise the amazing game called Xsyon :D

KeithStone
10-30-2010, 07:52 AM
Virtus wrote:

exactly!

I've been playing darkfall since aug 09 and darkfall can be fun at times (after you've put in at least a 6 month grind at 3-4 hours a day), however the game lacks depth, seiges are messed up in there design, portals are screwing up the game, crafting has no meaning, there is absoltely no economy other than buying enchanting mats.

If you like that sort of thing, and you don't care that darkfall's grind is worse than f2p korean games, then by all means- go play darkfall.

Vandali
10-30-2010, 10:45 AM
Darkfall's group pvp can be insanely fun, but theres just not enough sand in its undies at present.

Kinslayer
10-30-2010, 12:57 PM
I would say the same for Mortal Online, theres no sand in sight in that so called "sandbox" that is nothing resembling a sandbox. Theres no depth, no features, its a PvP game, which is fine if you love PvP and nothing to go with it.

I certainly would not recommend anyone to waste their money on MO in its current state.

Venciera
10-30-2010, 01:14 PM
Kinslayer wrote:

I would say the same for Mortal Online, theres no sand in sight in that so called "sandbox" that is nothing resembling a sandbox. Theres no depth, no features, its a PvP game, which is fine if you love PvP and nothing to go with it.

I certainly would not recommend anyone to waste their money on MO in its current state.

All players should be able to build a home in a true sandbox. It shouldn't be as hard as it is in MO. I'm really hoping the new architecture/construction system allows for all players to construct a 'home' or settlement where ever they choose. I think StarVault wasted too much time on fancy NPC cities and easily could have allowed players to build small, cheap homes. No, instead, you get these mansions that liter the landscape and cost a bazillion resources/coinage to build. :angry:

I can't really comment on Darkfall since I only played the trial. It seemed okay i suppose, but again, i hate not being able to build stuff in the world.

Saorlan
10-30-2010, 11:58 PM
Yes but guys both Darkfall and Mortal Online although not having much sand in there boxes are still miles ahead of the shitty EQ clones like WOW we have been playing for years.

So although they need a lot of work they are both (Mortal Online) in particular very very interesting games that point to the future.

REVKhA
10-31-2010, 01:46 AM
Darkfail

Kinslayer
10-31-2010, 02:11 AM
Saorlan wrote:

Yes but guys both Darkfall and Mortal Online although not having much sand in there boxes are still miles ahead of the shitty EQ clones like WOW we have been playing for years.

So although they need a lot of work they are both (Mortal Online) in particular very very interesting games that point to the future.Ive never played WOW, the closest I got to it was Runescape, which was my first MMO.

The rest I have to disagree with also. The only thing impressive about MO is the graphics, and because of those graphics the game is unstable. Hell, the graphics themselves are buggy as hell, with all kinds of rendering issues.

Sure, the weather system is cool, and combat used to be good before they fucked with it too much, but even those things, the best features of the game, are up to the eyeballs with bugs and exploits.

Saorlan
10-31-2010, 03:09 AM
REVKhA wrote:

Darkfail

Troll some more. Also WTF are you still doing here?

Little rude bois like yourself need to learn to join BAC.

Rook
10-31-2010, 07:21 PM
prolly better off playing A Tale in the Desert which this games seems closest to atm.

Shaggy
10-31-2010, 08:45 PM
Installing the trial right now =)

Largion
11-01-2010, 03:18 AM
They will add offline skilling to help new players with the insain grind. :laugh:
http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=266545

It could have been a good game if they had a skillcap and some outher fixes.

Nezabyte
11-03-2010, 02:18 AM
Sweet, the population's gonna jump from 10 to 2. On a serious note, it's the wrong solution to their problem. Why is it so hard for them to add some more fluff to the game? Make it a proper sandbox game instead of pvp grind fest.

Kinslayer
11-03-2010, 03:49 AM
Nezabyte wrote:

Sweet, the population's gonna jump from 10 to 2. On a serious note, it's the wrong solution to their problem. Why is it so hard for them to add some more fluff to the game? Make it a proper sandbox game instead of pvp grind fest.If its the same reason as MO, its cos the devs are fuckin morons that dont understand what a sandbox actually is. It sounds like DFO hasnt changed since I played it which was for the first few months after release.

Saorlan
11-03-2010, 05:25 AM
This is all true however ... it is still a league ahead of mindless EQ clones with their kill x of x and fetch y to x with auto targeting shitty combat that you can make a cup of tea during.

I was quite blown away by the new graphics that Mortal Online currently has, it is a bit unstable but it really has jaw dropping visuals especially at dawn.

Spitfire5
11-03-2010, 07:01 AM
Darkfall has gotten a lot better.

rbodenmann
11-04-2010, 03:31 PM
"All players should be able to build a home in a true sandbox"

I agree.

Virtus
11-04-2010, 08:58 PM
rbodenmann wrote:

I agree.

This will be worked on at a later date.

Will every item (tent, shack, fence, wall, teepee, or whatever else is in the architect recipes) have to be placed / dropped on tribal land?

For now, yes.

I originally planned to allow building outside tribe lands, but it would cause too many problems (imagine waking up to a wall built around your city for example). If I allow buildings to be destroyed if built on non tribal land, someone will destroy them right away. I have some future ideas for all of this, including small homesteads for solo players, but this will evolve with the game.

jefferysauto
11-05-2010, 09:04 AM
Virtus wrote:

can't praise something we have not played yet so get busy!! So we can play it!!

LOL j/k man keep up the good work.

jefferysauto
11-05-2010, 09:06 AM
Virtus wrote:

rbodenmann wrote:

I agree.

This will be worked on at a later date.

Will every item (tent, shack, fence, wall, teepee, or whatever else is in the architect recipes) have to be placed / dropped on tribal land?

For now, yes.

I originally planned to allow building outside tribe lands, but it would cause too many problems (imagine waking up to a wall built around your city for example). If I allow buildings to be destroyed if built on non tribal land, someone will destroy them right away. I have some future ideas for all of this, including small homesteads for solo players, but this will evolve with the game.

No houses for soloer plaeyrs until later, well I guess I will play later then!!

Deacon
11-05-2010, 10:21 AM
Virtus wrote:

I originally planned to allow building outside tribe lands, but it would cause too many problems (imagine waking up to a wall built around your city for example). If I allow buildings to be destroyed if built on non tribal land, someone will destroy them right away. I have some future ideas for all of this, including small homesteads for solo players, but this will evolve with the game.[/b]

I actually believe this is how it should be. If you want to build away from a tribe as solo, then you shouldnt get tribe feature of safety. People will actually have to find your place to destroy it first, and there will be that type of player looking to do just that, but they will be causing havoc as best they can to everyone. But as a solo player...just as a lone individual in RL.....you run the risk of greater danger if found.

Not to mention, preventing people from building in areas will be a way for tribes to assert their dominance over lands they intend to expan upon etc.

If you're a solo player, you can make friends with a tribe and possible ask them for help in keeping you safe, or allowing you to build on land close to them, that they may consider their area of control...possibly for a fee. This would give the tribe a minor income and also give them an additional area of responsibility/control, as well as a possible additional fighter, should the tribe be attacked.(think feudal society)

ozziewolf
11-05-2010, 10:42 AM
I agree with Deacon. We should be able to modify terrain outside of tribe areas and people should be able to destroy it if they choose to. Limiting where players can build means we won't have things like player built roads.
I think you need some kind of a decay system where things fall apart unless they're maintained though. Otherwise the world will become very cluttered.