PDA

View Full Version : Allo allo

InfinantJester
11-09-2010, 07:54 PM
Hello again, this is Jester.

I've been a member of the forum for a few days now(since 10/31), and followed if for a few days before that.

In that time I've seen the registered number of forum users grow from the high 3700's to very nearly 4000, right now.

Normally I'd be totally jazzed that a game I'm so interested in is garnering such attention. However with all of these new members there are zero new threads/continued old conversations.

There's also ZERO information about the game elsewhere on the 'net.

So I'm curious if anyone knows where all of these new forum users are?

And also what is the current state of the game?

Several threads throughout forum land say that you can't rely on videos from youtube to be accurate representations of the game. This leaves me with no info on the game, so I'm very skeptical as to whether I should spend my hard-earned cash to get into the "not-a-beta."

Can anyone point me to a good, up to date resource for the game? Including maybe some videos of the games gathering/crafting/combat system?

And also, is it true that magic has yet to be implemented in the game? The game seems to be awful close to launch for such a major feature to be inactive.

Thanks for reading my lengthy post and I look forward to talking to you all!

Helith
11-09-2010, 08:13 PM
well most everything is wrote in the pre-order section of the forums.So if you haven't pre-ordered yet you should do so then you will see everything and be able to try thte game out while its iin beta still. plus the construction patch should be comming up really soon, B)

KeithStone
11-09-2010, 08:16 PM
I have experience with the type of forum they are using- it's most likely spam accounts being created by bots.

I have the same problem with my site atm- I'm about to change my forum over to vb just like these guys.

Kinslayer
11-09-2010, 08:44 PM
For those kind of vid's you want to see, search Audacian Republic, Xsyon on youtube. They are vids I did not too long ago to show the game to my guildmates. Be sure to watch them in the highest quality.

Virtus
11-09-2010, 09:37 PM
KeithStone wrote:

I have experience with the type of forum they are using- it's most likely spam accounts being created by bots.

I have the same problem with my site atm- I'm about to change my forum over to vb just like these guys.

Very much doubt it, we use recaptcha, not the silly captcha system used by default ;)

Just looked at the names, most of them are reasonable sounding names and not hellokitty1256334.

As for information, not sure how many new vids are out there. Construction is still being waited on. I can imagine once that is out then the game will become a lot more lively.

kiwibird
11-10-2010, 12:04 AM
Allo,

Welcome to the forum, its good that you have taken the time to ensure this is a game you may like, and great that you have posted your concerns.

Most of the forum registrations that I can tell (ie accounts that have posted) appear on the face of it to be not a duplicate account. Most bot accounts I believe in some way spam information, be it via posting spam to the forums or spam to private messages. Neither of these things have happened that I am aware of.

The lack of information is by design, the little information out there means that it's going to be players that enjoy such games and that have experience in these types of games in the past. Typically players with experience have learned about games by either accident or have found it because of a friend that likes such games (ie word of mouth). This will likely change after prelude is well and truly over.

Helith, is actually correct, most people that come here post in Prelude, however most people who register (in my view) are doing so to be like you - find out more information about the game before taking that risk.

The same line with having no media is the same line with videos. No videos are to be made (that are official) so everything you see is what players have created, as such I haven't kept up to date with new videos from players.

Magic:
From the Official FAQ List: Q? I'm curious as to an ETA for Bows/guns and magic?

...Magic will take a while...

KeithStone
11-10-2010, 08:38 AM
Virtus wrote:

Just looked at the names, most of them are reasonable sounding names and not hellokitty1256334.

you're probably right, but I also use recaptcha and they still seem to find a way around it.

InfinantJester
11-10-2010, 10:56 AM
Thanks Kinslayer. I'll look that up when I get a momen later today. Using my iBrick ATM and it doesn't work to well. Haha

And while I agree that exploration and discovery is one of the more intrigueing aspects of the game, I think it might be advantageous to go into more detail about the systems used to explore and interact with the gameworld.
Thanks everyone for your replys!