PDA

View Full Version : Getting started?

tilla
12-08-2010, 07:52 PM
I just got my game account but I'm at a loss as to how to do certain things - how do I craft tools, I don't see the option in actions for instance. Is there a guide I'm not finding perhaps?

Diocletian
12-08-2010, 07:55 PM
I did write a manual. It is a very much a work in progress. You can find that under the downloads section of your my account page.

tilla
12-08-2010, 08:03 PM
Yes, thati s a bit helpful. What I'm most interested in I can't seem to find in my skimming of the manual though - how do I get new skills? Say, I wanted to make tools? I can't seem to find that.

Diocletian
12-08-2010, 08:25 PM
For now, you don't.

mrcalhou
12-08-2010, 08:40 PM
For now, you don't.

With an emphasis on the "for now" part, right? Eventually we'll be able to pick up new skills and respec, right?

Helith
12-08-2010, 09:55 PM
not to say anything about respec'ing but u will be able to learn more crafts besides what you start out with some time after release , i know it was said others will be able to teach and not sure how else this will be done but it is a start to it all.

mrcalhou
12-08-2010, 10:59 PM
Since the question has already been answered, I don't mind hijacking it. :D

Anyway, I *really* hope we'll be able to respec since they are supposed to be adding new skill sets over time. I personally like Eve's It-takes-for-freaking-ever-to-be-able-to-use-new-ships-or-craft-new-things-but-the-actual-benefits-from-skills-are-slim-since-you-can't-be-everything-at-all-times-anyway skill system, because then I don't have to keep rerolling and creating new characters and if I get bored with something I can still keep my assets while moving on to something else.

GuideSophia
12-08-2010, 11:02 PM
I'm sure there will be some allowances for old characters and newly released skills. Just don't know what they will be right now. Maybe you could ask in the Q&A?

mrcalhou
12-08-2010, 11:48 PM
I edited my Q&A post.

JCatano
12-10-2010, 12:26 AM
"Skill based system. Skills increase and decrease based on actions and experience."

No need to respec. Just stop using something to free up whatever point system is used.