PDA

View Full Version : Tribes

Kinslayer
01-02-2011, 02:55 PM
So I havent been hanging around here for a while, just checking in each week or so. I was wondering if someone could explain the "single player tribes" that I saw mentioned in the update?

What is different about a single player tribe as apposed to a tribe with 5+ people? (apart from the obvious numbers)
Can a single player tribe be expanded to a multi player tribe?
Can a tribe be started with 3 or 4 people?
Is there still a minimum number of people required to place a totem, or can a single player place a totem(as it should be)?
If more than 1, whats the player number requirements for placing a totem now?

Cheers.

jefferysauto
01-02-2011, 04:41 PM
I would like to know this to

Caduryn
01-03-2011, 07:45 AM
You can simply create a Tribe and place a Totem solo, and then, invite new Players or stay solo.
I heard something about that Tribe-Land expand a lidle with every new Player, but cant confirm that.

Trekkan
01-03-2011, 09:26 AM
We'll have to wait for an official response on if there are any differences. But mostly what it means is that prior, you needed more than 1 person to start a tribe (I think it was 5). That has been lowered to only 1 person now due to some players wanting that. If there are any differences otherwise, I'm currently unaware of them.

As to tribe land expanding per player in the tribe, this is true and I've personally tested that (as have many others). Whether or not it ever get's smaller if people leave, I have no idea.

Deacon
01-03-2011, 03:50 PM
nm....placing a solution to my issue in another post

Kinslayer
01-04-2011, 11:29 AM
Thats great, Im glad Jooky changed that. Thanks for your responses.

Is it a large difference to the size of the land when another player joins, or minimal?

Trekkan
01-04-2011, 12:37 PM
It appears to be a fear yards per person. Maybe 10 feet or so. Although, I think at some point say you hit 20 people, then 50 people, etc... there are larger jumps. I'm not entirely sure on that, but I think that's what happens.

Kinslayer
01-06-2011, 12:19 AM
That would make sense to have milestones like that for tribal area. Hopefully thats accurate.

bruisie159
01-06-2011, 04:41 AM
would it be possible for larger tribes to "swallow up" smaller ones? I mean if say a solo player has a totem down between 2 larger ones that keep expanding. Or, when placing totems does it always take in to account the maximum potential growth of nearby tribes?

Caduryn
01-06-2011, 05:09 AM
Always take in to account the maximum potential growth of nearby tribes.

Thats right ^^

Trekkan
01-06-2011, 12:12 PM
would it be possible for larger tribes to "swallow up" smaller ones? I mean if say a solo player has a totem down between 2 larger ones that keep expanding. Or, when placing totems does it always take in to account the maximum potential growth of nearby tribes?

I'm not sure where the quote is, but previous the devs have said that tribe lands will not actually overlap at all. Not sure WHAT will happen though, but... that's what was said.

Shrimps
01-06-2011, 12:27 PM
As far as I understand, tribe lands can only get so big and totems cannot be placed close enough to another tribe so their zones will touch. So there is no way it will touch another tribe zone.

But 1 man tribes brings up a whole new issue. If players can drop a totem anywhere with only 1 person how are you going to stop a clan from having it's members all drop totems on the best spots and real tribes not being able to settle anywhere good.

Kinslayer
01-06-2011, 06:16 PM
I guess thats where conquest comes in Shrimps. Fair enough, there wont be conquest in Prelude, cos tribe zones are safe zones, but post-Prelude they would then be in trouble I suspect.

mrcalhou
01-06-2011, 06:36 PM
I still don't get why you need a tribe to build structures. Even after hearing the arguements.

Shrimps
01-06-2011, 08:18 PM
because otherwise you'd have random structures everywhere and people would use them to block off passages and rescources.

If they were non destructible by just anyone then it would be seriously exploitable. If they were destructible by anyone people would complain because they worked really hard to build that stuff and some random person destroyed it all in one night for no reason.

Caduryn
01-07-2011, 05:52 AM
I still don't get why you need a tribe to build structures. Even after hearing the arguements.

Then you never played a free-building MMo.