PDA

View Full Version : Tutorial requests!

Saintbob
01-31-2011, 07:01 AM
Hey Community,
I have a few Tutorials in the works but im really interested to see if there is a demmand for any specific Tutorials.
I'm really trying to help as best as I can and figured the best place to ask about what tutorials you guys want, is simply to ask you.

So either reply to this post, or take a vote on the poll.

Thanks

overhated696
01-31-2011, 07:12 AM
I think a bit of everything would make most ppl figure out how the game works, you should keep doing as you did for now, you're making a great job and ppl looks interested on it.

aliksteel
01-31-2011, 07:46 AM
I picked Tribe Features Explanation, As I think this will help show off some of the cool things ingame. Also, How about making a This is Xsyon video. Showing what little pvp we have, The building of road terraforming, buildings(hut, shed, ...), Show what the day to day life will be like(fishing, hunting, being hunted, ...). Nothing big, Just a minute or two. I ask this of you, Because you are the only one that seems to want to deal with the filming and editing. When I get back to playing on a gaming rig, I will help with video's, But my laptop just makes the game look bad.

Thanks for what you are doing now, Keep it up.
-Alik Steel

Saintbob
01-31-2011, 07:56 AM
I picked Tribe Features Explanation, As I think this will help show off some of the cool things ingame. Also, How about making a This is Xsyon video. Showing what little pvp we have, The building of road terraforming, buildings(hut, shed, ...), Show what the day to day life will be like(fishing, hunting, being hunted, ...). Nothing big, Just a minute or two. I ask this of you, Because you are the only one that seems to want to deal with the filming and editing. When I get back to playing on a gaming rig, I will help with video's, But my laptop just makes the game look bad.

Thanks for what you are doing now, Keep it up.
-Alik Steel

Yes, one of the projects im working on will be that of a Feature Video, however... it may take sometime to do it.
But It is one of my priorities and I am aiming for the Feature Video to be out before the 14th.

Saintbob
01-31-2011, 03:22 PM
You asked for - The Tribe Features Tutorial and you got it!

Take a look here - http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthread.php/2916-Skills-and-Crafting-Tutorials!

Or

Take a look here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGwLRaeHdeY

thanks Peeps, more Tutorials to come.

overhated696
02-01-2011, 12:11 PM
Good one, keem them coming.

mappam
02-03-2011, 05:35 AM
First - Thanks for the great videos!

I would like to see something on inventory.

I am brand new and started this game yesterday. I found that the inventory was my biggest problem. I created a 'grass pack' but then couldn't carry it around with me for storage. So I plopped it down and filled it up with (in my case) cloth. I happened to be close to a salvage heap and after collecting cloth I Sorted and got a LOT of Different types of 'cloth'. My bag filled up in no time.

Now I was stuck with no space to collect any other items or way to continue without deleting some of the items.

I feel that a lot of new players may encounter this same problem and maybe a video on creating Storage would be helpful.

Thanks again for the super videos and help they offer!!

Saintbob
02-03-2011, 06:22 AM
First - Thanks for the great videos!

I would like to see something on inventory.

I am brand new and started this game yesterday. I found that the inventory was my biggest problem. I created a 'grass pack' but then couldn't carry it around with me for storage. So I plopped it down and filled it up with (in my case) cloth. I happened to be close to a salvage heap and after collecting cloth I Sorted and got a LOT of Different types of 'cloth'. My bag filled up in no time.

Now I was stuck with no space to collect any other items or way to continue without deleting some of the items.

I feel that a lot of new players may encounter this same problem and maybe a video on creating Storage would be helpful.

Thanks again for the super videos and help they offer!!

First of all, thanks for you're kind words.
Secondly the Basketry Tutorial should show you roughly how to make the different bin/bags/puches you will need.

However during the game at the moment the only way to store items is inside these bins/bags/pouches, and at the moment we are creating alot of them to store the things we want.

Bins and large inventory containers require to be used on the floor, or placed on you're back, puches and bags can also be placed on the ground, but you can also put these in you're PACKS action bar, in the smaller bag sections.

Is that what you ment?
If not then i can probably create a very quick tutorial for you tonight when i get home from work.

Be specific with what you want to see, and ill try my best to cater! :P

Thanks

yoori
02-03-2011, 08:23 AM
Maybe you could make a tutorial about skills in general, skill/stat progresion/decay and leveling, couse it might be confusing to new players.

There's not much info on this subject and it might help at character creation (I had to reroll my first char).

mappam
02-03-2011, 09:15 AM
Thanks for the reply SaintBob - You did answer my question.

I would love to see a new logging video - the night is very dark and hard to see - PITA I know to re-do something.

Thanks again for your help to the community - big help to us "newbies"!

Saintbob
02-03-2011, 09:22 AM
Thanks for the reply SaintBob - You did answer my question.

I would love to see a new logging video - the night is very dark and hard to see - PITA I know to re-do something.

Thanks again for your help to the community - big help to us "newbies"!

No problem, Anytime :D

MoonDragn
02-03-2011, 09:54 AM
How about just a tutorial on how the interface works? I spent hours last night trying to figure out if it is the left or right button I should be using and whether it was an actual icon that you drag to a menu bar or you can actually use the icon there. It may seem obvious to you guys who have been playing a while but to us newbies it is a huge learning curve. Should not be that hard to learn to play.

overhated696
02-04-2011, 12:25 AM
Yeah, most newbies would love to see that one, i mean, when you first start the game, if you didnt read the manual, you dont get a clue of how things work out, resource panel, equiping items, making tools work, etc. So would be a nice tutorial at all. Plust could explain how does energy, food and drink, and that kind of stuff work.

Saintbob
02-04-2011, 01:26 AM
Quick update on where I am with the Tutorials at the moment.

As we have an impending wipe, im waiting for the wipe to come before i start with any more tutorials.
Having said that, i think i will be doing a UI Tutorial regardless of the wipe, as i dont think any of the UI is getting altered.

Thanks

Saintbob
02-04-2011, 04:11 PM
New UI Video Tutorials Available to View, click on my Signature to See.

Wizzler
02-04-2011, 08:16 PM
Thanks a lot Bob for these great vidoes.

They helped me al lot to get startet with Xsyon.

Saintbob
02-05-2011, 01:28 PM
New ToolCrafting Video Tutorial now available :D

overhated696
02-06-2011, 02:55 AM
Good work as allways, lot of ppl asking me about a Feature video hehehe, just so you know!

Saintbob
02-06-2011, 01:31 PM
I am looking at doing one very soon for release, however to the video justice im in need of a Video Editor, i can do basic editing, but perhaps someone on the forums here is able to create a logo or help me edit and put together the feature video.

skyrek
02-06-2011, 01:52 PM
SaintBob is a newbie's hero :D Even after reading the manual his videos provide better insight to the workings of the game. Plus they are great for showing people so they can see how the game plays, which is a big plus to try to generate some more interest for it.

It was great being able to pre-order the game, log in, and already have a general idea of how the interface operated (that was just before he did the UI videos even) and how to start to accomplish various tasks. Two thumbs up and 5 stars to SaintBob!

Saintbob
02-06-2011, 03:14 PM
SaintBob is a newbie's hero :D Even after reading the manual his videos provide better insight to the workings of the game. Plus they are great for showing people so they can see how the game plays, which is a big plus to try to generate some more interest for it.

It was great being able to pre-order the game, log in, and already have a general idea of how the interface operated (that was just before he did the UI videos even) and how to start to accomplish various tasks. Two thumbs up and 5 stars to SaintBob!

I cant thank you enough, these are very kind words.
Im really wanting to get this game out there for this company, the more peeps we can get enjoying this game the better, plus means we'll get more content etc etc.

But seriously ever see me ingame, give me a high five! Anything you need (Help/info wise) let me know. /w me :D

Thanks again.
Saintbob

Armadillo230
02-07-2011, 03:57 AM
Indeed. Thanks for all the videos you've made so far. In fact, I was interested in the game and was on the fence, but watching your videos made me pre-order the game and I'm glad I did, so, thanks and keep up the good work.

Haakhen
02-07-2011, 04:19 AM
Would be awesome with a beginners tutorial, like from the second you get dropped into the world, with small stuff like how to get something to drink, how to get something to eat, how to get started in general :)

btw love your videos, they are very helpful.

Saintbob
02-07-2011, 04:27 PM
New Tutorials are up :D

Saintbob
02-08-2011, 10:03 AM
Would be awesome with a beginners tutorial, like from the second you get dropped into the world, with small stuff like how to get something to drink, how to get something to eat, how to get started in general :)

btw love your videos, they are very helpful.

As Requested, Check out my latest Tutorial video's.
New Videos have been uploaded.

Thanks

Boojie
02-08-2011, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the tutorials StBob. I've been on them all evening while downloading the game.
Great stuff, incredibly useful.

Saintbob
02-10-2011, 02:29 AM
Thanks for the tutorials StBob. I've been on them all evening while downloading the game.
Great stuff, incredibly useful.

Thanks, ill see you in game!

darkrounge
03-09-2011, 09:51 AM
If you have time, I'll be more then happy to make these tutorials with you?

jumpshot
03-09-2011, 10:23 AM
keep up the good work saintbob

ifireallymust
03-09-2011, 05:05 PM
I'm going to be annoying and add one you didn't list. If there is any way right now to skill up crafting and acquire needed items without having any access to a junk pile whatsoever, I'll like a tutorial on that. I'm assuming it would at very least require maxing scavenging and maybe there are attributes like perception that should be very high from the beginning. But I don't even know if it can be done at all. If it can be, some of us might soon need to know how!

Edit: This would be as a solo player and with no guaranteed ability to trade for what you need!

blake378
03-09-2011, 05:08 PM
i chose how to survive without a tribe mainly because this will be interesting in the beginning

ifireallymust
03-09-2011, 05:11 PM
Edited for good reasons.

Kajones
03-09-2011, 08:53 PM
I suggest a brief tutorial explaining the difference between scavenging and resource gathering, perhaps mentioning things like flint, chalk, and sorting. My apologies if you already have a tutorial covering this. I've only watched a few of your videos so far.

orious13
03-09-2011, 09:27 PM
i chose how to survive without a tribe mainly because this will be interesting in the beginning

Basically how you survive is.. hide yo tools, hide yo home, and hide yo self.... if you get what I mean.