PDA

View Full Version : interested in the game but 40$ is a lot to pay

blake378
02-01-2011, 07:51 PM
i am really interested in this game but i dont want to pay the money for a game that i havent played at all yet. any chance at all there will be some sort of beta testing or some other option besides paying for the game and wasting that much money?

Virtus
02-01-2011, 09:14 PM
At some point in the future there will be a free trial. I have no clue of when that would be.

Shaggy
02-01-2011, 10:38 PM
If you think about it, you get 2 free months to play the game when launch hits. You also get two weeks (correct me if I'm wrong) head start ahead of everyone else. It's a pretty good bargain for everything you get, and it's an awesome game. More features have been coming out lately and many more to come before launch. Check out SaintBob's (sp?) tutorial video series. If you find him on these forums, I think you can click on his sig to get to them. They show lots of different things you can currently do in the game. Here (http://www.xsyon.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/44-Tribe-Advertisement) is a link to the tribe advertisements forum. Find a tribe that suits you, or at least start out in a common area. There's tribes all over, but many seem to be starting around the south side of the lake, particularly around the Tallac, Zephyr, and Round Hill starting points.

tredo
02-02-2011, 06:11 AM
I preordered back in March with 2 accounts, one for me, one for my son. I would pay more for a lifetime sub if it was available. The game is going to be what a lot of other games have tried to be in the last 10 years. The potential of the game is staggering. If you have a look at the features and expand on those things and think about the development of the game in years to come, I can see this game turning into a sea or space or world exploration and development game. The possibilities are endless.

Saintbob
02-02-2011, 06:14 AM
I preordered back in March with 2 accounts, one for me, one for my son. I would pay more for a lifetime sub if it was available. The game is going to be what a lot of other games have tried to be in the last 10 years. The potential of the game is staggering. If you have a look at the features and expand on those things and think about the development of the game in years to come, I can see this game turning into a sea or space or world exploration and development game. The possibilities are endless.

I'll 2nd this, and say i would buy a lifetime subscription if it was available! :D

aliksteel
02-02-2011, 06:27 AM
Way way way to soon for a free trail.

BUT sign me up for some lifetime subscription, I have never wanted to do a lifetime subscription with any MMO before. But then Xsyon is nothing like any game I played before.

Saintbob
02-02-2011, 06:37 AM
Way way way to soon for a free trail.

BUT sign me up for some lifetime subscription, I have never wanted to do a lifetime subscription with any MMO before. But then Xsyon is nothing like any game I played before.

Any say on how much you would pay for a Lifetime subscription?

tredo
02-02-2011, 06:59 AM
Paid $199.99 for my LoTR lifetime sub! Was a good deal, got some goodies with it too if I remember right. I would do around that for this game, I see more potential here and a longer p2p lifespan than LoTR had also.

aliksteel
02-02-2011, 07:00 AM
$180 to $360, But the high you go the less people will be willing to do it.

Also I would only do this with one account, I would not do it to any alt accounts I get later.

blake378
02-02-2011, 07:23 AM
yea the game seems to be everything i want in a game i still wish i could play it for a few days before i actually go buy it

Saintbob
02-02-2011, 07:35 AM
Since im English i'll deal in £££ and say i'd pay around £200-£350 for it.

since the game is quite unique, what 'goodies' would you like to get for ingame use, when you buy the lifetime subscription?

tredo
02-02-2011, 08:16 AM
Since im English i'll deal in £££ and say i'd pay around £200-£350 for it.

since the game is quite unique, what 'goodies' would you like to get for ingame use, when you buy the lifetime subscription?

I would settle for one extra skill slot in each skill form, so maybe 3 gathering skills and 2 craftsman skills! For example terraforming, logging, and scavenging then maybe Architect and Masonry. Lifetime subs could be a total self sufficient builder in this case. Or fishing, foraging, hunting, and cooking / fire building. Another example would be hunting, scavenging, foraging and bonecraft / leathercraft. So an extra slot in each skill would be a great reward for a lifetime sub imo.

aliksteel
02-02-2011, 08:36 AM
If we was to get something other than never having to pay a sub again, I would want it to be some type of fluff gift. Nothing that could make me better than someone that did not do a LTS.

Saintbob
02-02-2011, 08:52 AM
If we was to get something other than never having to pay a sub again, I would want it to be some type of fluff gift. Nothing that could make me better than someone that did not do a LTS.

Agreed, i was thinking about something like An extra special Avatar for the forums, and something like a set of clothes for cosmetic reasons only :D

blake378
02-02-2011, 08:41 PM
so after watching tutorial videos and spending some times around the forums it looks like a cross between fallen earth, lotro, and ultima online. i love it im planning on pre ordering on the 11th so i can start with the free 2 weeks. i played fallen earth from launch for about 6 months and played ultima online for years currently i play eve online but i will be purchasing this game and hopefully i can quit my other mmo for this.

Saintbob
02-03-2011, 01:32 AM
so after watching tutorial videos and spending some times around the forums it looks like a cross between fallen earth, lotro, and ultima online. i love it im planning on pre ordering on the 11th so i can start with the free 2 weeks. i played fallen earth from launch for about 6 months and played ultima online for years currently i play eve online but i will be purchasing this game and hopefully i can quit my other mmo for this.

Very glad that the community and the Tutorials were able to help you make you're decision!

Welcome to the community see you ingame :D

Del137
02-03-2011, 05:51 AM
Xsyon worth more, and i like idea lifetime subscription. Also, many additional funny and simple items may be purchased additionally, like tribe Flag with choosed design etc.

aliksteel
02-03-2011, 06:02 AM
In the move from the old Xsyon forums to this new one, They deleted a sticky about that Del137. We are supposed to have emblem of our choosing for banners in-game. We get to pick color and emblem, I know he has already set ones in game but after we go live and the dev team grows I hope to see this happen.

Bashir
02-04-2011, 06:46 AM
when is the character wipe? i'm on the fence at the moment but i think the wind is blowing me towards the preorder. would just like to know if it'll be worth it to get it now or just wait until the head start begins.

Saintbob
02-04-2011, 07:01 AM
when is the character wipe? i'm on the fence at the moment but i think the wind is blowing me towards the preorder. would just like to know if it'll be worth it to get it now or just wait until the head start begins.

if i was you, i would get it now, and learn the basics before the pre-order headstart.
That way you can get into the game straight away, instead of learning everything and missing the headstart because you're learning everything still.

yoori
02-04-2011, 07:02 AM
There should be a full wipe today and next one will be probaly final wipe on 14th

chaotix999
02-04-2011, 07:23 AM
I'd agree, use the time we have from the wipe we are getting today to start a character. Get used to the game on that 1 before the head start on the 14th when you might play differently since it will count then

Bashir
02-04-2011, 09:57 AM
well, i went ahead and bought it. i had been looking for a game where i can just build and do whatever for a while now. it looks like this is the game i had been looking for.

blake378
02-04-2011, 10:38 AM
im having to wait until next friday to actually buy the game and its killing me i wish i could go ahead and get started now lol. forum watching isnt cutting it anymore

pluzoid
02-09-2011, 08:31 AM
2 months sub is $30 isnt it, so minus that and its $10 plus access before the game begins, so you can have a heads up before new players, also recieve a unique weapon.
Thats more than most MMO's offer! Most offer 1 month free, and only special items if you pay more for the collectors edition.

BigCountry
02-09-2011, 09:41 AM
40 bucks and u get 60 day sub (you get 1 free month standard in all mmorpgs so the "2" was just marketing trickery lol).

That's a fair price if the game "works".
:D

pluzoid
02-10-2011, 02:16 AM
Well there is a option to pay with paypal so that you dont have to pay for the subscription, just the $39.99. That way if after 2 months your not interested you wont have to worry about cancelling any sub.

BigCountry
02-10-2011, 06:01 AM
Well there is a option to pay with paypal so that you dont have to pay for the subscription, just the $39.99. That way if after 2 months your not interested you wont have to worry about cancelling any sub.

This is what I did.
:D

Wolfhammer
02-10-2011, 11:57 AM
Ah, nice heads up... I'm going to buy this tomorrow (Fri 11th) when I get back from work and give it a damn good whirl. I can experiment for a week till the big wipe on the 18th. I should within a week or so, let alone 2 months, know if I want to stay.. It's all looking extremely promising though I must say....