PDA

View Full Version : Questions for the weeks of 2/06 through 5/22

Gandhi
02-02-2011, 04:14 AM
I know there will be a soft skill cap in game. But does that mean, that you can be for example both: a really good crafter and a really good fighter? Ordo you have to choose, if you want either be a good crafter or a good fighter? I hope, that you have to chosses, because if everyone is able to do everything, there would probably be no need for specialized crafters.

Virtus
02-02-2011, 10:02 AM
mrwooj asks:

As a solo player will i be able to claim some land and build on it, knowing that it cannot be taken away in a heartbeat. If i cannot, then what is the point of me playing. i would forever be building and losing, or i would give up on owning land and building, at which point i would surely leave the game.

Virtus
02-06-2011, 06:13 AM
Asked by STAR_GOD:

Questions to devs about accounts and totems
Ok so here is serious questions I am sure some of us would be wondering at one point...

1. What happens if I take holiday and dont wanna pay but like to deactivate account is there such option to deactivate account for some time without loosing toon?

2. What happens if I stop miss date of monthly subscription? Do I get automaticly deleated, deactivated and what implications are there to totems?

2. What happens if I deactivate account and I am tribe leader does that mean I lose totem?

3. How are you dealing with people that have totems placed but have left the game? Does it get deleated and tribe automaticly disbands or leadership gets passed on? what about homesteads do they disapear?

4. Is there any system in place that removes totems if you havent been active for half year?

I think some of these questions are valid and needs to be answeared

Gandhi
02-09-2011, 12:21 PM
I know there will be a soft skill cap in game. But does that mean, that you can be for example both: a really good crafter and a really good fighter? Or do you have to choose, if you want either be a good crafter or a good fighter (which would mean, that all skill points would be in one pool)? I hope, that you have to chooses, because if everyone is able to do everything, there would probably be no need for specialized crafters.

Volcom
02-09-2011, 04:55 PM
Anymore info on safe zones and territory control? A lot of people looking at this waiting to see how he handles it. To me this could make or break the game. You need something to fight over.

tredo
02-09-2011, 06:39 PM
So if I set up a tribe and its neutral or good aligned, and I know gates are coming, can the gate be set so that "evil" characters can't use that gate???

Can I section off a part of the tribal area where only certain people have access? Set like a pass phrase you have to enter for the gate to open? or have to be set a certain rank in the tribe to able to go past that gate?

vagabond80
02-10-2011, 07:26 PM
Do architecture buildings that require multiple components allow for differences in colour/fabric?

For example a lumberjack tent, can I use 1 red wool 1 green linen and 2 blue denim tarps? Or do they all have to be exactly the same as in 4 green linen, 4 blue denim etc.

Considering the vast area (I quite like this) of cloth and colours this might make architecture a bit more difficult than it needs to be.

De7ilx
02-12-2011, 05:46 PM
What will be after prelude? Is the game going to be in different ERA-s starting with the prelude?
If so will the game go into modern civilization like it is today and beyond into future ?
If it will be in ERA-s and we reach into modern civilication then the features that are in Prelude will be still in?
Like New players starting in Prelude age and evolve into future? For example older players have modern guns and you only have knife and axe? Like future vs stoneage ?

Will there ever be customizable houses and buildings? Like castles and keeps where we have many floors and you actually can walk inside and build additional parts of the castle, expand it and build new floors on it? Something like in Sims franchise has - custom build houses not pre made models.

Will the game graphics will stay same or replaced with more better one in future?

Will there ever be terraforrming like making holes into mountain? With some kind of drilling machine? Tunnels mines etc ?

Will there ever be boats/ships? That can be built and used to move on water?

Will there ever be structures like bridges that could be placed over the rivers?

Will there ever be possibility to expand the Tribe territories (after the maximum user limit is hit) with some kind of land control towers? (Just like in Settlers 4)
And the claim towers would be vunerable to attacks and when destroyed the land would be lost? (The structures inside that land would became vunerable to attacks)

Will the game world be expanded further into different landscapes than the current one is ? Like sea and other continents where u possibly can get only with boats/ships?
If so will there be weather conditins like storm on sea that could sink the boats/ships?

Will there ever be introduced Mining where you could get materials like Gold, Silver, Bronse, Iron and many other materials ?

On the loading screen of the game there is 2 man sitting on a camp fire and background there is huge modern skyscrapers. Are this is the part of where the game will go or just random picture not related to future game content?

Will we ever be able to build skyscrapers just like on the loading screen of the game?

If the game goes into the future will be able to eventually build skyscrapers etc? What would happen with the current game landscape?

If the game would go in to the far future will there be features like space, other planets, spaceships, space warfare, crew inside spaceships etc?

I know some of these questions might be kind of "out of box" but as this is so far most feature rich game and I would like to know where this game owner plans are with this game.
Where he wants to go with this game. Into future or only stoneage kind of future (Like we are going to get the ultimate tech or have to be in stoneage with guns)

Jasdemi
02-13-2011, 10:23 AM
Will we be able to transfer our characters from NA to EU server?

Joph
02-13-2011, 04:58 PM
When new skills are added to the game that use Charm will our stat points be refunded so we can realocate them?

Hellaciouss
03-17-2011, 05:36 PM
Question 1. The "Dirt" System. Currently you are required to have dirt in your pack to raise land and when you lower land dirt goes in your pack. This system is very inconvenient to the player when a player just needs to lower a small hill, or raise one. I don't quite see a reason for the "dirt" other then a slight "realism" factor that adds a lot of inconvenience. What is the worry about not having the dirt? Couldn't some system be implemented that when a totem is destroyed/removed all land is put back to its original levels? If the Dirt System is kept in what keeps someone from just filling a bin, walking down the river and dropping the bin off? Do bins vanish after a certain time on non-tribal land if they aren't interacted with? If not would you rather have tons and tons of bin filled with dirt all over the game world?

Question 2. When are "Gates" going to be put in that we can open and close on our walls to keep people out?

Question 3. When are more items going to be added to Masonry and Bonecraft? Cooking?

mrtastycakes
03-24-2011, 07:46 AM
when are you adding gates to are bases so people cant just log in and the pking system for evil vs evil tribes...

coca
03-25-2011, 07:57 AM
Have you considered limiting the total number of recipe types per character?

Allowing a characters to spec every skill and learn every recipe in the game will lead to excessive macroing and players burning out.. it will also make solo players able to be totally self suffecient and give them no need to interact with others or to join tribes. They will be able to make everything in the game as well as terraform a tribe area all on their own. I would support players being able to be solo but not be the best of everything. Jack of all trades but master at none idea.

I would limit everyone to a set number of recipe types and they can pick which ones.

Example: I want to be focused on leather crafting. I get a character total of 10 recipes lines. If I choose to learn 6 recipe lines in leather crafting that gives me 4 more recipe lines to place in all the other skills. If I learn 2 recipe lines in tailoring and 1 in bonecraft that leaves me with 1 more recipe line.. maybe I would shoot for another tailoring line or pick up a basket making line.