PDA

View Full Version : download server speed

Sully
02-07-2011, 11:32 PM
Hey guys,try to do something with the download server,couse this is a joke,if it will stay like this for launch...
downloading 100mb for 5 hours? normally i download 3 gigs in 30 mins,now the xsyon downloader seems like it will download the game in a week :P

GuideZuriel
02-08-2011, 01:46 AM
Hey guys,try to do something with the download server,couse this is a joke,if it will stay like this for launch...
downloading 100mb for 5 hours? normally i download 3 gigs in 30 mins,now the xsyon downloader seems like it will download the game in a week :P

i think this is an issue of X amount of players Downloading at the same time. I'm sure that due release the Download Server will be upgraded/fixed to resolve this issue :D

nobody wants to wait a week to play once they paid with the hard earned cash :D

Cerbero
02-08-2011, 05:14 AM

Hi,

I am having the same issue. The downloading process is incredible slow.
I was wondering if that could be because my broadband line but now i think that the issue it's not on my side.

Bye

tykim83
02-08-2011, 05:58 AM
same here...

Vadio
02-08-2011, 06:12 AM
i download in full speed ( 1,4mb/s )

Blud
02-08-2011, 06:27 AM
So if the launcher says "processing packs" it just means to wait while it's downloading? I got 100 mbps. Any idea how long it takes?

GuideMihr
02-08-2011, 07:52 AM
Hey

Downloading problems won't be a poblem in a near future.

Thank you!

Tsumo
02-08-2011, 08:01 AM
I just bought the game today was really looking forward to trying it out tonight but by the look of the crappy download speeds i`m getting looks like i`ll be waiting a good while longer before i get in. I expected faster download speed from thier server, 30mins to download 100mb is just not right when you have a 2mb line. I just hate waiting for things I have no patience. >.<

Jadzia
02-08-2011, 08:19 AM
I just bought the game today was really looking forward to trying it out tonight but by the look of the crappy download speeds i`m getting looks like i`ll be waiting a good while longer before i get in. I expected faster download speed from thier server, 30mins to download 100mb is just not right when you have a 2mb line. I just hate waiting for things I have no patience. >.<

Yeah, I feel your pain, lol, it took like 6 hours last night. Earlier the download had normal speed, so hopefully this will be solved soon. Till then, hope you get enough patience, and hope to see you ingame soon :)

@GuideMihr: Thanks for your words, its nice to know this problem is being addressed !

Virtus
02-08-2011, 08:27 AM
I brought this to Jooky's attention just now. Jooky looked at the patch server and it is fine. Both of us are doing Download tests and they seem to be at peak speeds just did 50mb in about 5 min.

What does take a long time is processing packs and they are looking into why.

Is it purely downloading that it takes a long time on or does this include processing packs?

Jadzia, your experiencing slower DL then usual, since you DLed the game multiple times now. Is it because of processing?

Cerbero
02-08-2011, 08:35 AM
Is it purely downloading that it takes a long time on or does this include processing packs?

I am only downloading it. Moreover I just find out that the client was disconnected so I restart it.
At this rate it will take a couple of days to download and patch the game, if I am lucky and the client won't be disconnected anymore.

Jadzia
02-08-2011, 08:38 AM
I brought this to Jooky's attention just now. Jooky looked at the patch server and it is fine. Both of us are doing Download tests and they seem to be at peak speeds just did 50mb in about 5 min.

Jadzia, your experiencing slower DL then usual, since you DLed the game multiple times now. Is it because of processing?
I cancelled it once because of freezing in processing packs,then restarted it. After like 2 hours of download (it downloaded 330MB of a 980MB file in 2 hours, it was downloading only, not processing packs) my net dropped connection for a sec so the download aborted. Restarted it again and it was downloading with like 20-30Kb/s again, don't know how long it took since I fell asleep lol, but the download was finished somewhere around 4-5am (GMT+1).

Tsumo
02-08-2011, 08:50 AM
if i restart my launcher will the download pick up were it left off from?

Chavoda
02-08-2011, 08:56 AM
ITs bin a hour since I made a post in the introduction section, I started the game download a few min before that.
So its bin about a hour now, and it has downloaded 302.xxMB

Gallo30
02-08-2011, 09:05 AM
Me too the download seems to be going slow cant wait to get in a try the game:)

Cerbero
02-08-2011, 09:05 AM
if i restart my launcher will the download pick up were it left off from?

Yes, it will

Omarus
02-08-2011, 10:48 AM
Started downloading myself at around 7:40am GMT. Its now 6:46pm GMT and 2gig out of 3.35gig is downloaded. Guess sometime tomorrow before I can play :( Oh well but then again I guess I get it nearly 3 weeks before most :p

eightonefive
02-08-2011, 10:49 AM
I think the problem is that it is hanging up between downloading and processing and there is no progress bar to let you know whats going on. Intuitively i aborted and restarted mine twice and it was the processing that was hanging up. This patch was way slower to download than when i downloaded the whole game last week tho, and I believe that was just the amount of server traffic downloading at the same time as me. Which is bad because when the game is released there will be much more traffic. I would suggest providing a torrent link to download the client as well, that way all the traffic load wont be on the server at release.

Jadzia
02-08-2011, 10:50 AM
Perhaps people from Europe having this problem ?

Tsumo
02-08-2011, 10:56 AM
Perhaps people from Europe having this problem ?

Could well be, i`m from europe and after 4 hours of downloading i`ve just only downloaded under 1gb. Hope it gets sorted soon.

Jadzia
02-08-2011, 11:06 AM
I think the problem is that it is hanging up between downloading and processing and there is no progress bar to let you know whats going on. Intuitively i aborted and restarted mine twice and it was the processing that was hanging up. This patch was way slower to download than when i downloaded the whole game last week tho, and I believe that was just the amount of server traffic downloading at the same time as me. Which is bad because when the game is released there will be much more traffic. I would suggest providing a torrent link to download the client as well, that way all the traffic load wont be on the server at release.

When its downloading it actually displays the downloaded amount/full file size. So I could see it was downloading and not doing anything else, I could see the downloaded number growing, but it was growing very slowly.

Jadzia
02-08-2011, 11:10 AM

Virtus, if you'd like some download test from Europe, let me know.

Tehralph
02-08-2011, 11:17 AM

50mb in 5 mins is only 170kb/s. Thats really slow considering I can get 1.4mb/s DL speed from Steam and torrents. Your patch server isnt fine, its like the loser at the special olympics.

mrguerreiro
02-08-2011, 12:03 PM
I'm getting slow download speeds too. Downloaded 150mb in 1 hour.

Virtus
02-08-2011, 12:09 PM
are all of you from somewhere other then US?

Omarus
02-08-2011, 12:11 PM
Ireland here.

Jadzia
02-08-2011, 12:20 PM
from Hungary.

Tsumo
02-08-2011, 12:49 PM
Ireland.

Xsyon
02-08-2011, 01:03 PM
The programmer looking into this just headed off sleep. He's going to focus on this tomorrow. The processing packs is definitely slower than a regular download and I'm wondering if that is affecting the entire download server. I'm not sure as the launcher is one of the few things I haven't worked on personally. I'll update again on this as soon as possible.

Woopin
02-08-2011, 01:36 PM
Ok just tested download speeds with several VPN's

My download speed UK was 45kbs
Amsterdam speed was 50kbs
USA Washington speed was 150kbs

These are peak speeds hope it helps.

Edit - My line is the UK one.

Chavoda
02-08-2011, 01:59 PM
From 11am till now, 1,4gb (dutch / Netherlands )

Unknown to me were the servers are located but I just done a random test connectivity test to the US ( Colorado springs ) and came out 8.24mbps Down 2.09mbpsup whit a latency of 309
"All" other servers around the us kinda give the same result, whit the min being 7mbps 1up and highest 9mbps 2.7up

BigCountry
02-08-2011, 03:15 PM
anyone kind enough to zip up the data files and host them somewhere with some decent bandwidth?

going to take hours for me to DL this thing at these speeds....lol

Boojie
02-08-2011, 03:26 PM
decided this was the game for me earlier today, download speed is not good.
Been going for hours now, and got 689Mb of 3.53Gb

Can't wait to get in game, but looks like I have to.

cya tomorrow folks (maybe)

Tsumo
02-08-2011, 03:41 PM
Been downloading for over 8 hours now and I still have 1.76gb to go, madness I tell ya lol.

epoc3000
02-08-2011, 03:43 PM
I'm in Brazil. I am also experiencing a very slow download, and I could easily download 3gb. I think a torrent download is the smart thing to do. Why waste money with bandwidth and server for download, when you can have people sharing it through torrent?

Edit: I'm downloading it at about 30kb/s. At this rate it will take me 30 hours to download everything... I guess I am not playing it tonight. =/ Actually, since it is 21:50 here, if it continues at this rate, I won't be playing it tomorrow night either...

BigCountry
02-08-2011, 04:34 PM
haha yeah I don't mind waiting, I am old school. But the new gen mass public will not. You launch this game with these limitations on client access and be prepared to get the popcorn out...hehehehe
:D

epoc3000
02-08-2011, 05:06 PM
haha yeah I don't mind waiting, I am old school. But the new gen mass public will not. You launch this game with these limitations on client access and be prepared to get the popcorn out...hehehehe
:D

I don't think this game will get the attention of these new kids. I think they are more insterested in Aion, WoW, Tera... those kind of games. Which is ok. I might try some Tera Online, also. But I was really hoping to play this tonight. I even bought a couple bags of honey roasted peanuts! =P

EDIT: btw, I just reached 10%... hmmm, that's an increase in download speed. 10% in 1,3 hours, that means it should be done in another 12 hours or so. I could play this during my lunch break, tomorrow. =P *crosses fingers*

naughty
02-08-2011, 05:28 PM
agree, the downloadspeed was couple of days ago a lot faster

Dust
02-08-2011, 05:37 PM
Canada here, it's extremly slow and I have a 2.8 mb line. Compare to the rest of the civilized world, we pay a really exagerated price for this kind of download and seeing this slow speed make me MAD! MAD I TELL YOU! AARRGGHH!

And the connection breaks from time to time..

BigCountry
02-08-2011, 06:05 PM
Canadians pay a really exagerated price for everything...LOL

Xsyon
02-08-2011, 07:02 PM
We're just getting a lot more traffic than expected. I put in an order to upgrade our download server today. It should be an easy upgrade, but it might take a week.

I'm looking into what else can be done at the moment.

Dust
02-08-2011, 07:15 PM
Well, high traffic probably make you happy but I AM STILL MAD!! lol joking, the speed seems to increase as we speak, loaded up 2g in 3.5 hours.

edit: I heard this at almost every mmo start I been into. 1 week for the upgrade. I guess it's the norm.

Niburu
02-08-2011, 07:16 PM
We're just getting a lot more traffic than expected. I put in an order to upgrade our download server today. It should be an easy upgrade, but it might take a week.

I'm looking into what else can be done at the moment.

stop creating games with features that everyone is missing in other games, should fix your traffic problem :-P

epoc3000
02-09-2011, 12:36 AM
I went to bed last night and let my omputer downloading the 3.5gb patch. I woke up this morning with an error message. Started download again, but now it says the download is 2.4gb? Do I have to delete something when the download fails? Or maybe it is just resuming from where it left off.

Well, at least now I am downloading at 300kb/s. Should be done before i go to work.

darg75
02-09-2011, 02:04 AM
Not sure if this is a useful addition, but the download sucks in Australia too.

Been downloading the game for nearly 24 hours and still have 600mb to go.

Having said that, it's doing a wonderful job of raising the anticipation for me.

Ex0dUs101
02-09-2011, 05:21 AM
Ive just downloaded the entire game in just over an hour, im sure the load is low at this time of the day though.

BigCountry
02-09-2011, 06:09 AM
I was able to pull the whole thing in 6+- hours prime time US hours (East Coast).

That's not too bad I guess, but that's not good either.
hehe

Xsyon, why would it take them a week to allow more bandwidth to the server your renting? That should be instant for them.

neuronomad
02-09-2011, 11:15 PM
I just created another topic and then noticed this one. I was attempting to patch tonight got about 800mb from finish and now it just keeps saying "Error: Unable to connect to the Xsyon Patch server. Does this go down at a certain time each night? Wonder if I am going to have to completely reload it again or I hope it takes off from where it dropped off.

GuideAriel
02-09-2011, 11:18 PM
We are doing an update currently, then our patch server will be back up. The server does not have a regular offline time, a patch was just ready for release.

gundampilot20
02-09-2011, 11:19 PM
Ahh thats why, thank you for the update! :)

GuideAriel
02-09-2011, 11:25 PM
Server is back up everyone! Be sure to read Xsyon's update log!

Larsa
02-12-2011, 03:39 PM
Just so that you guys know how the speed is currently: downloaded about 2 gig within 12 hours from Germany today. Good thing that I'm a patient guy. :)

pilok
02-13-2011, 05:01 AM
With the current download speed i should have it in 3 hours, downloading from the Netherlands.

pilok
02-13-2011, 07:15 AM
With the current download speed i should have it in 3 hours, downloading from the Netherlands.

Connection dropped (server down? ) I do hope it continues where it stopped so i do not have to download it all again.

Edit: I can download again, but now it's a 766 mb file (could be the remaining download of the 3,5 gb) but it's to damn slow (about 20kb/s)

purifier
02-13-2011, 05:58 PM
I bought/pre-ordered the game today.

Ran the installer, getting the msg "Error: Connection dropped." all over the place...
So i did a quick looksee on the forums before creating a new topic and found this topic.

Read about the server "problems" and thought, lets wait some time and rerun the launcher hopefully it will go better.

Now i have stumbled across a problem i cant bypass with just waiting and retrying (did the last to test my findings though)

The problem is:

Even though still getting that connection dropped error occasionaly, the updater kept going.
But know it doesnt seem to get the file "Mesh.xsip" properly. (the file is located in the "Data" directory)
I deleted the file 3 times over and let the launcher run again and everytime it download exactly 51.577kb of the file and gives a "connection dropped" error.

When i restart the launcher and let it patch it goes into "analyzing files", give that filename again.... and comes up with the same connection error...

So can someone from Xpsyon send me that file "Mesh.xsip" by mail (mail adress with which i registered) so i can place it in the map and see if the launcher can continue ?

Regards,

Purifier

Vadio
02-13-2011, 06:01 PM
Wrong topic but

Your use router/firewall?
Run as Admin Xsyon Patcher?

If your use router put your pc in DMZ
And of course disable firewall

Maybe , UAC on windows block to writing new files on HD
Packetloss or Similiar ( try download in another pc )

purifier
02-13-2011, 06:42 PM
I mean no disrespect to you Vadio, i can apreciate it that you to give options, but none of those cant be the reason for the launcher not being to able to download the file.

After the tests i did, theres only 1 conclusion, the patcher has a problem with the paticular file.... Its no fault on my side, as for previous files it had no problem downloading them (eventualy)
If my firewall, router, admin rights, UAC would be the problem, the patcher would have problems from the start. It has downloaded about 1gb of the game sofar... And i have downloaded bigger games trough launchers (never have liked that option, people always seem to have problems, and now it is mine turn :p)

Only 2 things i cant test: 1) port forwarding (dont know the port number the launcher is using), but then again... it had no problem download 1gb of data sofar and 2) downloading on another pc... because i dont have another pc :p

Ow i see a bug and crashes subforum... ill repost this problem there :)

Edit: i reposted our messages there, so we can continue there :)