PDA

View Full Version : I just broke my cardinal rule

Ziggy
02-09-2011, 05:38 AM
and preordered a game. I spend some time over at MMORPG.com and kept seeing this games name pop up here and there. So I looked into it. Over the past few hours I have been watching videos, and asking questions.

I was an avid fan of Wurm Online, SWG Pre-CU, UO, A Tale in the Desert and Minecraft to name a few games. Since I have always lamented the fact these types of games are rarely seen these days, and seeing the similarities between Xyson and Wurm, I had to vote with my wallet and support the development of this game.

Ex0dUs101
02-09-2011, 05:40 AM
Welcome to Xsyon!

aliksteel
02-09-2011, 05:46 AM
Yea, This game has a way of hooking you, Add Bob's video's and you can't break free.

Welcome to the game.

Jadzia
02-09-2011, 06:56 AM
Welcome :)

Del137
02-09-2011, 07:20 AM
My story alsmost the same, first thoughts was: even if i dont like it, i must support such great idea! :)

GuideZuriel
02-09-2011, 07:27 AM
My story alsmost the same, first thoughts was: even if i dont like it, i must support such great idea! :)

And do you like it now?

Yuri1572
02-09-2011, 08:02 AM
My story is much the same, I have DL'ed over the night and will be taking my first steps this evening. Just want to get my feet wet before wipe. Hope to run into some of you soon. My IGN will be Nikov Kalash.

Del137
02-09-2011, 09:10 AM
And do you like it now?

Sure i do! Tryed all existing sanbox games, beta-testing some already closed ones, and currently Xsyon is most finished and suited my expectations project. Only wish - dont stop progressing, realise all planned features and noone leave it :)

Ziggy
02-09-2011, 09:15 AM
This is the kind of game that might not get a ton of players but will hold on to players. I think you will see a lot more player around/after release too. For example I keep a pretty close eye on the industry and just heard of this game today. Which is not a bad strategy, you only have one chance to make an impression and with some less forgiving gamers it might be better to be under the radar until the game is more complete.

Jadzia
02-09-2011, 09:54 AM
This is the kind of game that might not get a ton of players but will hold on to players. I think you will see a lot more player around/after release too. For example I keep a pretty close eye on the industry and just heard of this game today. Which is not a bad strategy, you only have one chance to make an impression and with some less forgiving gamers it might be better to be under the radar until the game is more complete.

You are right, and I'm glad there isn't an open beta. This way only the people who are really interested in the game buy it and they usually don't get a nervous breakdown over every small bug.

GuideMihr
02-09-2011, 10:06 AM
I agree

Welcome and enjoy! :)

bankerandrew
02-10-2011, 06:17 PM
well i dont have such rules, but as long as i have funds in my account i will try out a game that looks interesting and has value... if this game even remotely comes close to a UO or SWG pre-cu type of gameplay, then i am in for good. No rails for this dude... downloading now!

GuideMihr
02-11-2011, 01:21 AM
Welcome to Xsyon! :)

Enjoy!