PDA

View Full Version : Features from other games you'd like to see

VowOfSilence
03-09-2010, 07:43 PM
Title says it, i guess.

Everything from Wurm Online and Haven & Hearth ^^

edaw22
03-09-2010, 08:10 PM
Id like to see the targeting and lack of friendly fire removed from melee, I suppose like Darkfall.

Id like to see the Inventory system changed from a sot based system to a free-form system like Ultima Online

Id love to see mounted combat and ranged combat work very much like mount and blade. Mount and Blade's combat system is both incredibly fluid and realistic but it is intuitive and easy to pick up.

Id like to see torches implemented well, like in oblivion

Id like to see random events take place when you gather resources similar to Runescape, (ie, the player has been chopping wood for a long time, eventually an Ent or something will spawn that the player has to kill. This would make menial tasks interesting and make macroing difficult.

Id like to see house building similar to the way Ultima Online did it (maybe a little less complicated), where they player can lay out the floor of the house then add walls and a roof of what ever material they want. And then place doors, windows, balconies etc into the house, before finishing it with furniture.

Xx1327
03-09-2010, 08:12 PM
player customization is always..always...always good

something like from city of heroes where they let you customize every aspect of your character and a lot on your bases

tho it is too early to be doing suggestions like this xD

edaw22
03-09-2010, 08:24 PM
I forsee character customization being pretty decent in Xsyon. Though i hardly think it will be City of Heroes style when released.

Remember fancy hair do's and different eyes can come later.

Superbama
03-09-2010, 08:39 PM
I'd like to see a deep skill tree with detailed description. I'd like to see a game that encourages/rewards interaction with others. I'd like to see fluid combat that takes skill but is not a pain in the ass. I want customized every goddamn thing there could possibly be. I want dungeons that actually scare the crap outta me. I want stablity and comunication from the devs. This is a start.

I want to want to play for 10 hours(if I ever get said block of time..)a year after release. In general I just wanna have fun

Leiros
03-09-2010, 10:52 PM
I want to experience the thrill of exploring an unexplored region like I did during the first few weeks of Star Wars Galaxies right after launch. I want to be able to go through a game and focus on gaining skills rather than levels (like in Star Wars Galaxies before the Combat upgrade). I want to be able to sit around a campfire and drink booze with my hunting buddies after taking down a massive creature (like we used to do in Star Wars Galaxies after a Krayt Dragon hunt)... damn this makes me miss Pre-CU SWG. :dry:

I'd also like to see a game where you can spend the entire time doing something non-quest, non-leveling, non-repetitive related and feel like you accomplished something. For this I think of the musicians and entertainers in LOTRO, SWG and several other games that have had this kind of feature. I love pawning some noobs in PvP as much as the next guy, but who says a game has to be based around combat?

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I want a true sandbox to play in! :side:

*Raises his glass*

Here's to Xsyon! May it be the game we're all hoping it will be!

*Downs a pint of beer*

JCatano
03-09-2010, 11:05 PM
Friendly fire in melee and ranged combat. (Darkfall)

No "combat mode" that locks you onto a single target. (A few games)

Dynamic resource spawns that randomly change locations, 110+ kinds of resources (any large number), many types of stats within the resources, and depletion of resources that never come back into the game with the same values... Exactly how Pre-NGE SWG did it. No shame in copying something good. :P

Crafting experimentation. (SWG)

Leiros
03-09-2010, 11:18 PM
JCatano wrote:

Dynamic resource spawns that randomly change locations, 110+ kinds of resources (any large number), many types of stats within the resources, and depletion of resources that never come back into the game with the same values... Exactly how Pre-NGE SWG did it. No shame in copying something good. :P

Crafting experimentation. (SWG)

Absolutely this! ... add this to what I said! :)

Cradlejoe
03-10-2010, 02:43 AM
Leiros wrote:

I want to experience the thrill of exploring an unexplored region like I did during the first few weeks of Star Wars Galaxies right after launch. I want to be able to go through a game and focus on gaining skills rather than levels (like in Star Wars Galaxies before the Combat upgrade). I want to be able to sit around a campfire and drink booze with my hunting buddies after taking down a massive creature (like we used to do in Star Wars Galaxies after a Krayt Dragon hunt)... damn this makes me miss Pre-CU SWG. :dry:

I'd also like to see a game where you can spend the entire time doing something non-quest, non-leveling, non-repetitive related and feel like you accomplished something. For this I think of the musicians and entertainers in LOTRO, SWG and several other games that have had this kind of feature. I love pawning some noobs in PvP as much as the next guy, but who says a game has to be based around combat?

*Raises his glass*

*Downs a pint of beer*

You're just one big SWG Vet :)
And I salute you!

But thinks I wouldn't like to see in Xsyon that were in SWG is the massive urban sprawl that looked just terrible :/

Ivan Streptovsky
03-10-2010, 04:57 AM
Bagels.

VowOfSilence
03-10-2010, 06:02 AM
Ivan Streptovsky wrote:

Bagels.

Haven & Hearth has donuts, at least:

- Grow wheat, harvest seeds, use a grinder to get flour from seeds.
- Harvest a bucket of honey from a bee hive.
- Boil water from a river in a cauldron, mix it with flour, honey, and poppy seeds.
- Bake the resulting dough in your oven.
- Eat donut!

I just love all the processes and tools involved in crafting. Fallen Earth is a crafter's wet dream? I thought the crafting was unimmersive and dead boring...

Thorbrand
03-10-2010, 06:49 AM
WTF with the current feature list fuck other games.

lazyfroguk
03-10-2010, 07:19 AM
octocamo from mgs4 please =P made from an octopus and a t shirt

Thorbrand
03-10-2010, 08:35 AM
lazyfroguk wrote:

octocamo from mgs4 please =P made from an octopus and a t shirt

Nice! Need to keep the shirt in service!

MrDDT
03-10-2010, 08:46 AM
This is a list of a few things I would like to see.

Equipment that has effects that are varied. Things like a modified axe that is lighter but can attack faster, but does less damage.
Crafting that means something to be crafted from higher skilled players. (Wurm did this pretty well) But more with extra things added.
Defenses to a city that mean something, you build a wall people just cant jump over it with ease.
Moats that slow attacks and force them to be open to attack.
Ways to attack players through slits with spears or archery to repel attacks.
Siege tribes with tools and machines (later if needed).
Planting farms and growing crops.
Storage like in Roma Victor or Ultima Online, in player housing.
Trade network like in EVE where you have cities and hubs and road travel.
A wide array of NPCs to fight for skill and resources (aka loot).
Rare or semi rare resources that people want to fight for, and control. Set up locally so that someone who controls them, will be powerful in that one resources but likely lacking in others.
Crafting to be basic at first, where you have to make the tools and then make the items, and all the things in the middle. Like Roma Victor had.
Items like food, potions and bandages that heal players.
Treasure maps sorta like in Ultima Online.
Kill to Death stats.
Auto run option.
Ways to speed up travel IE. Roads, mounts, boats, magic (limited), speed buffs. Running skills etc.
Able to set up traps.
Underwater combat.
In game map, that opens up more as you discover more. Plus you can make notes on it.
PVP Rankings.
Linkable items in chats.
Group looting options, sorta like Vanguard.
Crafted items have crafters name linked to it.
NPC and PC tracking.

I will add more later.

Thorbrand
03-10-2010, 08:55 AM
No maps or mini map.
Actual system that supports all combat types.
No PvP rankings earn you status through deeds.

MrDDT
03-10-2010, 09:22 AM
Thorbrand wrote:

No maps or mini map.
No PvP rankings earn you status through deeds.

Isnt PVP ranking earning them through your deeds?
Or do you just mean word of mouth type stuff.

I dont even care about others knowing about my stats, I want to see them myself.

Im not looking for a mini map, Im looking for in game tools to make a maps.

You going to have maps on the net later anyways, why not have some built into the game?

TangerineSky
03-10-2010, 09:27 AM
Thorbrand wrote:

No maps or mini map.
No PvP rankings earn you status through deeds. I don't agree with no maps.

I would like a minimap that only shows your party so you have a refrence to where you are going. I don't want to have to memorize my path everytime I go out spawn hunting.

If no maps, then give us coordinates so we can find points of interest more then once.

Like DDT said, 3rd party maps will be all over within a week or two of release so they may aswell make them in-game.

Thorbrand
03-10-2010, 09:30 AM
Kill death ratio is fine but ranking means nothing really. You have to add PvP points than for how hard the target was for it to be far. Word of mouth is the only way to go. And if some does an almost impossible infiltration on and enemy tribe they will be known and hunted where just randomly killing people minding their own business isn't all that skillful. I am not saying you intend to do that but others would to increase their rank.

Maps I like the idea of needing to take your own notes and write your own map more immersion in the game.

I did think of a new one. Combat tumbling for low encumbrance fight styles.

TangerineSky
03-10-2010, 09:35 AM
Thorbrand wrote:

Maps I like the idea of needing to take your own notes and write your own map more immersion in the game.
That just isn't realistic. Just don't use maps or lobby for the ability to turn off the minimap. The rest of us will be using www.xsyon-tips.com for our map needs after a week or two if they aren't in game.

VowOfSilence
03-10-2010, 09:38 AM
MrDDT wrote:

You going to have maps on the net later anyways, why not have some built into the game?

Making maps yourself sounds fine. I don't care much for a minimap, tho. Same goes for quest arrows, NPC and stats tracking, auction houses, and all that stuff. It just isn't needed imo, the development time could be used for better features.

Oh, and food should be for eating, not healing or buffs. I hate eat-to-heal...

MrDDT
03-10-2010, 09:44 AM
Thorbrand wrote:

Kill death ratio is fine but ranking means nothing really. You have to add PvP points than for how hard the target was for it to be far. Word of mouth is the only way to go. And if some does an almost impossible infiltration on and enemy tribe they will be known and hunted where just randomly killing people minding their own business isn't all that skillful. I am not saying you intend to do that but others would to increase their rank.

I did think of a new one. Combat tumbling for low encumbrance fight styles.

Im ok with no rankings, but I want stats so I can see who I killed etc later, and how I matched up.

DFO has it and I love it.

MrDDT
03-10-2010, 10:06 AM
VowOfSilence wrote:

MrDDT wrote:

Making maps yourself sounds fine. I don't care much for a minimap, tho. Same goes for quest arrows, NPC and stats tracking, auction houses, and all that stuff. It just isn't needed imo, the development time could be used for better features.

Oh, and food should be for eating, not healing or buffs. I hate eat-to-heal...

I want more options for food. Not just eat it to eat.

Also I want more options for healing. Not just potions or spells or over time.
I want food to help, bandages to help, maybe even drugs or something.

More the better, give people choices.

UO has a ton of choices to heal up and I love it.

Thorbrand
03-10-2010, 10:15 AM
I think food and drink is set up like EQ at launch.

Leiros
03-10-2010, 10:46 AM
Cradlejoe wrote:

But thinks I wouldn't like to see in Xsyon that were in SWG is the massive urban sprawl that looked just terrible :/

I totally agree. Back in the early days of SWG it wasn't as common to see this because it actually took time to get from one place to another. After a while the wilderness seemed to disappear and grow smaller. You couldn't fire a blaster without hitting a guild hall. :blink:

Bumwald
03-10-2010, 11:42 AM
edaw22 wrote:

Id like to see the targeting and lack of friendly fire removed from melee, I suppose like Darkfall.

Id like to see the Inventory system changed from a sot based system to a free-form system like Ultima Online

Id love to see mounted combat and ranged combat work very much like mount and blade. Mount and Blade's combat system is both incredibly fluid and realistic but it is intuitive and easy to pick up.

Id like to see torches implemented well, like in oblivion

Id like to see random events take place when you gather resources similar to Runescape, (ie, the player has been chopping wood for a long time, eventually an Ent or something will spawn that the player has to kill. This would make menial tasks interesting and make macroing difficult.

Id like to see house building similar to the way Ultima Online did it (maybe a little less complicated), where they player can lay out the floor of the house then add walls and a roof of what ever material they want. And then place doors, windows, balconies etc into the house, before finishing it with furniture.

Woot mount and blade is pimp! We're probably the only 2 on here who've played it unfortunatly. Can't wait for the online expansion they are making.

Chocobot
03-10-2010, 12:13 PM
TangerineSky wrote:

Thorbrand wrote:

That just isn't realistic. Just don't use maps or lobby for the ability to turn off the minimap. The rest of us will be using www.xsyon-tips.com for our map needs after a week or two if they aren't in game.

Making your own map isn't realistic so instead we should alt tab and look for a map on the internet?

MrDDT
03-10-2010, 12:51 PM
Bumwald wrote:

Woot mount and blade is pimp! We're probably the only 2 on here who've played it unfortunatly. Can't wait for the online expansion they are making.[/quote]

M&B is very boring to me and not really a good game.
Warband is even worse IMO.

If you bought M&B you can get into beta for Warband for free.

darkrounge
03-10-2010, 01:07 PM
Able to sell houses,buy and purchase houses.
Possibly the initial advantage of building and furnishing your house to your own standards whilst in a tribal town.

This will be awesome.

Stofio
03-11-2010, 02:42 PM
Leiros wrote:

*Raises his glass*

*Downs a pint of beer*

Couldnt have said it better myself... the good old days of swg... :(..

but yes.. true sandbox!

also.. please add EMotes! many of them.. random ones.. ones u dont tell us about unless we try it!! keep adding them!! ahhhh!

Thorbrand
03-12-2010, 09:53 AM
I believe there is over 50 emotes in the game.

VowOfSilence
03-12-2010, 12:40 PM
player-made tribe logos and flags, i think EVE had this.
would add a lot to the game imo ^^

Lily
03-12-2010, 12:54 PM
VowOfSilence wrote:

Like this?

http://www.xsyon.com/forums/29-tribal-recruitment/586-tribal-colors

Valdemaros
03-12-2010, 12:54 PM
Traps and perhaps sentry posts, buildings, like towers or lookouts

Siko
03-12-2010, 01:25 PM
Dye tubs from UO. In a full loot game, I expect to replace all my clothing/armor on a regular basis. Not having to go through a lot of trouble to get a unique look would go a long way towards creating diversity in player appearances. It is often hard to recognize players you know at a glance in games where everyone gets new sets of armor/clothing daily.

MrDDT
03-12-2010, 01:44 PM
Siko wrote:

Dye tubs from UO. In a full loot game, I expect to replace all my clothing/armor on a regular basis. Not having to go through a lot of trouble to get a unique look would go a long way towards creating diversity in player appearances. It is often hard to recognize players you know at a glance in games where everyone gets new sets of armor/clothing daily.

There is dye stuff so, I would guess you can do that.

I think its a great idea UO had and I love it.

VowOfSilence
03-12-2010, 04:16 PM
Lily wrote:

VowOfSilence wrote:

Like this?

http://www.xsyon.com/forums/29-tribal-recruitment/586-tribal-colors

sweet! i didn't expect this to exist already...

Lily
03-12-2010, 04:31 PM
I can see how you missed it - it's only been posted 2 weeks and pinned ;)

Xx1327
03-12-2010, 08:36 PM
ooo traps would be awesome always wanted to have this darkfall but of course thats nots happening

such so much dynamics would be added

Farmerbob
03-14-2010, 11:29 PM
I have not been around that long, only discovered this game today, so please forgive me if some of these things do exist.

Firstly I really really hope some of the dev team have experimented in Wurm as research for this game. There are so many parallels between what I've seen so far about this game.

So, having said that:

From Wurm, the terraforming and skill/improvement based crafting.

From Asheron's Call, run and jump skills that allow large variation in player movement rates.

Again from Asheron's Call, modification of existing items using gathered materials.

From SWG, experimentation on items.

From Horizons, the ability to make highly specialized equipment.

From Lotro, social music with the ability to freestyle. I have no musical ability but enjoy listening to others bang out a nice tune.

From, well, nowhere that I know of, realistic ranged weapon damage and realistic armor protection from said damage. Granted, magic will be problematic since it has no basis in reality.

From Entropia and Wurm both, truly open ended skills that you can work at for literally years and never actually fully master.

Just say no to ANY sort of buying advantages legitimately for real money. I'm not referring to player sales which are already a no, but game stores like most FTP games and some subscription games.

Meaningful inventory space limitations and restrictions in combat based on encumberance.

Work based crafting systems, not luck based. Joe noob should have absolutely zero chance to craft an item anywhere near the quality of a master craftsman.

Open ended criticals in combat. Joe noob should have some small chance to seriously injure or kill even the best fighter. The chances should be absurdly small for large differences in skill, but possible.

Multiple combatant bonuses and penalties. You should get significantly more experience for killing two enemies together than two enemies in two separate fights. Two people together killing one enemy should get a lot less experience per person than if they each killed the same enemy on their own.

No pass through avatars. If someone else is in a position, you should not be able to go through them. This will make formation fighting useful.

Friendly fire should most definitely exist.

TheDreadLord
10-07-2010, 01:54 PM
Hi Im new here and i just gotta say every feature in this game is just fantastic and i guess the olny other thing i would what in this game is make it partly a fps and not just click combat and make it a more fun kind of combat with that fps element

Cavious
10-07-2010, 02:22 PM
Star Wars Galaxies and Mortal Online Crafting. The complexity of different materials from Mortal Online, and SWG Variety of items. I love crafting, not so say I don't like to go hunting or shot or what not but there is something about the pride of something you made. I tinker in real life so this is big for me.

Xx1327
10-08-2010, 12:22 AM
well the level of character customization from city of heroes is something i love very much, it was easy to have something unique and your own, i'm really hoping xsyon will put emphasis on player customization. the key to this is tons upon tons of options!

I'm a huge rts fan, Empire Earth anyone, being able to come up with complicated strategies and executing them is just awesome.

EE2 had this awesome feature where you could collaborate with other players on a strategy screen, you could draw on a map and what not and everyone could see and interact with it. that'd be a very neat feature for planning.

but being able to build the perfect fortress how you wanted is a big one for be, having to place things tactically.

Deacon
10-08-2010, 06:00 AM
I had a total blast with the archery in darkfall...you could shoot over a rise and hit a persone running away...it was awesome to hear the THUNK when you hit them hehe :laugh:

Bossman
10-08-2010, 07:19 AM
Some pretty good stuff in here, maybe a forum mod will start collecting info like this ready for when the dev team are ready to hold improvement discussions with the member community?

Maybe not

Lebannehn
10-08-2010, 08:34 AM
"Heaven and Hearth" Crafting B)

dezgard
10-11-2010, 03:13 AM
combat from (neocron). crafting from (heaven & earth) skills & stats lvl'ing from (eve) <---not the time thing but the complexity. sandbox from (minecraft).

:cheer:

Xbwalker
10-13-2010, 12:54 AM
Badges, collections, and titles for those of us who tend to go off on our own and do random things to entertain ourselves.

Hodo
10-17-2010, 01:02 AM
Things I would like to see...

I know this sounds wrong, but...

Less native american stuff.

Sailing, boats, not little row boats, or rafts, but like Wurm with the larger sailing vessels.

Kinslayer
10-17-2010, 01:26 AM
LOL Hodo. Theres actually no native american stuff in the game, its just set at Lake Tahoe is all.

StrontyDog
10-26-2010, 08:06 AM
-Friendly Fire and Targetted healing - Darkfall

-Clever Mob AI that get help, move for cover, dodge ranged etc - Darkfall

-Mounts that can be killed - Darkfall

-The combat system from - Mount and Blade

-Weight based inventory rather than slots - UO

joexxxz
10-26-2010, 08:08 AM
And please I dont want to pull my horse out of my backpack :)
thanks... WOW its amazing...

Kinslayer
10-26-2010, 12:59 PM
joexxxz wrote:

thanks... WOW its amazing...Or craft them from a herb. A Mortal Online system is good, a mount must be tamed from the wild, and can be stabled, but never put into your inventory or bank, etc.

Xx1327
10-26-2010, 02:52 PM
Kinslayer wrote:

joexxxz wrote:

thanks... WOW its amazing...Or craft them from a herb. A Mortal Online system is good, a mount must be tamed from the wild, and can be stabled, but never put into your inventory or bank, etc.

this

Hodo
10-27-2010, 10:07 PM
Kinslayer wrote:

LOL Hodo. Theres actually no native american stuff in the game, its just set at Lake Tahoe is all.

Unfortunately, in the gallery, image 07 of the three people in the body of water, says otherwise. ALL of them look like bad 1800 native american knock offs.

As for the horses, Wurm has a better system than MO. You build a fence, and put them in it. That way if someone breaks down your fence, or if you leave the gate open (unlocked) someone could come and take your horse, or livestock.

Not a huge fan of the magic stable Mortal Online system, and a even less of a fan of the Darkfall magic mount in a pack.

I really dont see how anything naval will ever make it into Xsyon do to the location. Lake Tahoe, is landlocked, and pretty much half in Nevada, and other half in California. Not really sure, how all this is going to pan out.

Deacon
10-28-2010, 10:01 AM
Hodo wrote:

Unfortunately, in the gallery, image 07 of the three people in the body of water, says otherwise. ALL of them look like bad 1800 native american knock offs.

yeah, I dont understand how we just forgot everything, but then start thinking like native americans. But we still know to scavange for screws and rivets etc, to make plated style armor....and while we're disscussing this...why do some paterns only make one item for one side...like one leg guard? surely, if I could make one...I'd make two to cover both legs.

I really dont see how anything naval will ever make it into Xsyon do to the location. Lake Tahoe, is landlocked, and pretty much half in Nevada, and other half in California. Not really sure, how all this is going to pan out.

I guess there is the possiblity that when we start to expand past current green mist, it may be westward and make it to pacific ocean?

Alfred
10-31-2010, 04:18 AM
Excuse my ignorance, good people of Xsyonforumia, but is housing going to be solely possible under a banner of a tribe or will you be able to construct a home without any affiliations?

Paradox
10-31-2010, 06:02 AM
Alfred wrote:

Excuse my ignorance, good people of Xsyonforumia, but is housing going to be solely possible under a banner of a tribe or will you be able to construct a home without any affiliations?

Thats not an ignorant question at all sir.
I hope we can build outside of tribe area. That is as long as structures are destroyable so not to end up with stuff everywhere.

HamsterofDoom
11-14-2010, 09:43 PM
Trophy making... including human heads.-UO