PDA

View Full Version : Different servers.

Loke
02-13-2011, 10:27 AM
I just read the anouncement about the European servers. And im sad to say this killed the game for me. First of all it will split an already small population in a VAST world. And i really like the feel that everyone is playing on the same server.

Gandhi
02-13-2011, 10:33 AM
It didnt kill the game for me, but i also find that very sad. I would like it, when the whole community would be on one server.

Ashfield212
02-13-2011, 10:34 AM
Just read this before pre-ordering, this has highlighted a new concern for me. Population currently doesn't seem all that fantastic, but to split it?

Think I'll be holding off on pre-ordering and see how it pans out.

Loke
02-13-2011, 10:35 AM
We need to tell Jooky this is not a good idea. And that many players do not like this!

Virtus
02-13-2011, 11:09 AM
I think the biggest worry for most is the population at this time. However, as the game grows this will not be a problem.

don't forget that the current game world size also stops people from spreading out too far.

Honelith
02-13-2011, 11:29 AM
Damn, this is tragic news. Splitting the community is always a BAD idea.

Loke
02-13-2011, 11:31 AM
How can you say when the game grows?!? You dont even know IF the game will grow. As i browse the forums almost noone like this decision. Notorius games a currently making a huge misstake same as the darkfall devs did. I hope the devs will see that the community dont like this and rethink this. If im playing a sandbox game i want to play on 1 global server. The map size can always be expanded. I was really happy about this game until i saw this. It killed the game for me and many others :( Im really upset now.

Hampy
02-13-2011, 11:34 AM
My humble advise: dont make EU servers....for me one of the main reasons i was going to play was the 1 server to all community, im not even going to start playing the day 18, my balls just dropped when i saw this.
Good luck with this choice...DF did the same mistake.

Loke
02-13-2011, 11:37 AM
Same for me Hampy i already know 2 fans who is not even going to bother buy the game anymore :/ And frankly im not sure if i will either. :(

Gandhi
02-13-2011, 11:39 AM
I think the biggest worry for most is the population at this time. However, as the game grows this will not be a problem.

don't forget that the current game world size also stops people from spreading out too far.

But look at the feedback of the community. One of your biggest strength is, that you work toghether with the community and listen to it. I hope that you also will listen to the community in that case.

Virtus
02-13-2011, 11:42 AM
Agreed but what also has to be remembered is that a lot of people do not use or look at the forums. So while forums can give an idea of opinions it cannot be assumed that this is the voice of everyone.

Loke
02-13-2011, 11:54 AM
But almost everyone that has commented on this decision thinks it is a bad idea. And you already has lost several potential subscribers. The strenght of this dev team has always been to listen to its fans. I hope they will do that now to. I really really hope it. This is a major game breaker for many.

Gandhi
02-13-2011, 11:55 AM
Agreed but what also has to be remembered is that a lot of people do not use or look at the forums. So while forums can give an idea of opinions it cannot be assumed that this is the voice of everyone.

Yes that is right. But when you see the very negative feedback of the community not only in this forum, but for example also at mmorpg.com, it is quite unrealistic, that the majority of the players support the idea of creating a new server. Well i think it would be a good idea to start a discussion in the global chat InGame about that and see, how the community InGame thinks about it. And I would be quite surprised if the feedback there would be less negative.

Ashfield212
02-13-2011, 12:03 PM

Whilst these forums certainly aren't the voice of everyone, you have to remember these are the official Xsyon forums, where the vast majority of your fans gather to discuss the game. There's no hiding the fact that the overall consensus regarding the announcement of European servers is negative.

Virtus
02-13-2011, 12:08 PM
i'm not going to say anything about what will or will not happen but trying to explain the reasoning behind the action.

IN MY OWN OPINION AND OBSERVATION

Jooky is taking a preemptive strike on server population. As it stands currently the bandwidth was maxed out far sooner then he expected causing him to upgrade that. He has been watching the increasing population of the game and extrapolated from that the growth of the population over x amount of time. From that he probably concluded that another server would be a good idea.

bankerandrew
02-13-2011, 12:09 PM
i have to agree, i thought this was going to be ONE server.... it is immersion breaking to a degree... plus, why would euro's want to play on their own server...in tahoe? they would rather play in an area they know... but that aside... this will be your undoing i am afraid if this goes through as intended..

spend the money on a better server for us all to play together... you are going to lose huge if you go with this plan. I love my euro brothers and cant wait to play with them.

if you are worried about bandwidth already, then i think this game will not succeed... because you will lose what little there is by splitting us up, and many will just quit... this is not a AAA world of warcraft game... that can do just fine with multiple servers... i know you know this... so just spend the money on upgrading bandwidth... or dont and refund our money if you think this game won't survie due to lack of sufficient budget to do the RIGHT thing. cutting your own throats on this decision... and such an awesome game too...hoping this gets nix'd quick.

Gandhi
02-13-2011, 12:11 PM
i'm not going to say anything about what will or will not happen but trying to explain the reasoning behind the action.

Jooky is taking a preemptive strike on server population. As it stands currently the bandwidth was maxed out far sooner then he expected causing him to upgrade that. He has been watching the increasing population of the game and extrapolated from that the growth of the population over x amount of time. From that he probably concluded that another server would be a good idea.

Well, i think he concluded that really wrong. Seeing the fact, that Jooky listen to the community, i hope he wil think about the decision of creating a European server.

Loke
02-13-2011, 12:25 PM
Could someone make a poll about this in the general forums to see what the non subscribers think. I would like to vote in the Prelude talk but since im not a subscriber i cant vote or write in that section of the forums.

kiwiitis
02-13-2011, 12:32 PM
Just when I was taking an interest in the game again.Sad news.

Venari
02-13-2011, 12:34 PM
Splitting servers is the worst idea since announcing Xsyon. Why EVE the only sucessfull sandbox on the market has 1 huge server and all other failed sandboxes splitted community... ?

V.

esudar
02-13-2011, 12:39 PM
what do you need other people for

the will be close to 0 player interaction outside of your tribe in prelude

Loke
02-13-2011, 12:52 PM
Lol yes there will be. And i like the feel that i am living in a populated world. This is the worst desicion they could have made according to me.

Shaggy
02-13-2011, 12:53 PM
This is a huge mistake. Splitting up the player population is going to seriously dwindle the interactivity between players and tribes. Instead of splitting up the population he should just spend the money and upgrade the servers =/

Hampy
02-13-2011, 01:18 PM
Part of xsyon apeal is the fact that there is a realistic world for everyone to interact...when you make 1-2 more servers it removes immersion..

Ofc i can make 1 char in each server but where is that immersive? why will i lose time creating 2 chars in a game like this where there is no endgame, its a continuous experience...for years to come...evolving in a world, creating stuff...splitting 5000 players its a bad move.

Loke
02-13-2011, 01:25 PM
I agree with you 100% hampy. Seems they are not satisfied by 2 servers they are going to make pvp servers to :(

deathrament
02-13-2011, 01:52 PM
Worst idea ever for this game, one of the reasons im drawn to this kind of game is being on one server.