PDA

View Full Version : How are you going to play?

Hooflung
02-14-2011, 06:14 AM
How are you going to play? Hermit, close friends, big tribe, don't know?

Hopefully get a good sampling to show the devs what the playerbase is planning. Is all this crying about hermits and small groups just a vocal minority or a real concern? Are the big tribes really going to lose prime real estate to small groups?

Vote now, vote often.

carlosfc1986
02-14-2011, 06:14 AM
hermits

mgilbrtsn
02-14-2011, 06:23 AM
I think you miss out on a lot of the game if you don't get into the tribe mechanics.

Hooflung
02-14-2011, 06:29 AM
Hmm, can't edit my post correctly. Anyway, the poll is basically to see where the numbers lie, lots of would be solo'rs? Small groups or big tribes?

Tchey
02-14-2011, 06:34 AM
I'm going to play in a small group, but also going to play with other tribes for trade, fun and war.

Ex0dUs101
02-14-2011, 06:42 AM
A thriving town! Very much looking forward to building a civilization in Xsyon and helping others, going to be some great times ahead :)

lmccall
02-14-2011, 08:07 AM
I think you miss out on a lot of the game if you don't get into the tribe mechanics.

True. There is only so much time/effort that one person can put in. I don't want to see all the hermits get burned out!

Phayz
02-14-2011, 08:18 AM
Hermit for me to start, However, will be looking to interact with town/cities in the future for commerce and trade

AlexTaldren
02-14-2011, 09:06 AM
Hermits and small groups will contribute just as much to this game and its world as a large town/tribe. Without the small groups and solo players, the world would be relatively lifeless and uninteresting. I want to venture out and find a small group of players with a camp high in the mountains, secluded. Or, stumble upon a single player at the bottom of a cliff, just out of sight from a main road. I want to see single individuals trading with larger groups and vice versa. These are the types of interactions that would be missing if solo or small groups weren't encouraged or allowed. And this is coming from someone who is in a large tribe.

Glad to see plenty of solo and small group focused players!

blackzilla
02-14-2011, 09:22 AM
Hermits and small groups will contribute just as much to this game and its world as a large town/tribe. Without the small groups and solo players, the world would be relatively lifeless and uninteresting. I want to venture out and find a small group of players with a camp high in the mountains, secluded. Or, stumble upon a single player at the bottom of a cliff, just out of sight from a main road. I want to see single individuals trading with larger groups and vice versa. These are the types of interactions that would be missing if solo or small groups weren't encouraged or allowed. And this is coming from someone who is in a large tribe.

Glad to see plenty of solo and small group focused players!

Thank you for the kind and smart words. Maybe you can tell that to Twowii or whatever his forum name is.

otomotopia
02-14-2011, 06:15 PM
Holy crap 0_0 it's almost 21/21/21.

Furyk
02-14-2011, 06:27 PM
another poll that invalidates the point it is trying to make.

these polls are pointless, when you are trying to determine the number of Totem polls being placed and representing X number of players. If you have 20 people vote on the 10+ how many of them are in the same tribe? it does not accurately represent how many tribal areas are being claimed. Some tribes have members that are more active on the forums, some tribes arent active at all. How many hermits are going to group up or join existing tribes within the next month?

You want an accurate idea of how land is going to be claimed? the vote should be made ONLY by the person in the tribe placing the Totem.

otomotopia
02-14-2011, 07:05 PM

these polls are pointless, when you are trying to determine the number of Totem polls being placed and representing X number of players. If you have 20 people vote on the 10+ how many of them are in the same tribe? it does not accurately represent how many tribal areas are being claimed. Some tribes have members that are more active on the forums, some tribes arent active at all. How many hermits are going to group up or join existing tribes within the next month?

You want an accurate idea of how land is going to be claimed? the vote should be made ONLY by the person in the tribe placing the Totem.

This.

You know why? If 7 people will claim area for 70 people, they should get the benifit of placing their pole first.

ifireallymust
02-15-2011, 02:52 AM
I was going to be a hermit, at least at first, but now it looks like hermits are screwed, so I won't be playing at all.

Too bad, I've had my eye on this game for awhile. If this sounds like nerd rage, keep in mind there is actually a deeply disappointed human behind this post.

Jadzia
02-15-2011, 05:29 AM
I was going to be a hermit, at least at first, but now it looks like hermits are screwed, so I won't be playing at all.

Too bad, I've had my eye on this game for awhile. If this sounds like nerd rage, keep in mind there is actually a deeply disappointed human behind this post.

Don't give up yet, they are working on to find a fix for this, I'm sure you'll be able to play your hermit :)

Hooflung
02-15-2011, 06:23 AM

In reality, even if solo players have to wait a couple days, it is just a couple days. March 1st is the real opening day, that's 13 days after pre-launch. What are those people going to feel like? What about people that pick the game up in 6 months? 12 months? Although I understand your frustration, this is really no big deal in the end, it is not a game changer.

Doc
02-15-2011, 06:30 AM
In reality, even if solo players have to wait a couple days, it is just a couple days. March 1st is the real opening day, that's 13 days after pre-launch. What are those people going to feel like? What about people that pick the game up in 6 months? 12 months? Although I understand your frustration, this is really no big deal in the end, it is not a game changer.

Why dont we make tribes wait couple of days, it is just couple of days.

I didnt see it advertised "Tribes of 10+ get a headstart and everyone else joins after a couple of days at custom schedule"

Let me guess: you are in a tribe of 10+, and you dont find this a big deal. Lol

ifireallymust
02-15-2011, 06:32 AM
So two days after everyone else has settled in, I log in to the game for the first time. How many times will I have to delete my ganked and looted character before I finally make it to an unsettled patch of ground and drop a totem? Ten? Twenty? More? If I do decide to try, I certainly hope they don't impose a character creation limit, or it might take months just to make it past the tribelands and into unclaimed territory with a handful of tools and a fishing pole!

Edited to add a suggestion: If you feel you must do this to solo players and tribes of less than ten, then you should consider giving temporary immunity to new players until a certain number of hours has passed or until that player drops their first totem.

Hooflung
02-15-2011, 06:52 AM

There really is not a better way to make a public poll in which there is no controlled sample.

Be that as it may, I see there IS quite a few solo'rs here, so far.

High expectations are high. No way in burning hell could I, or anyone else, get that info.

Hooflung
02-15-2011, 07:14 AM

I am now in a 10+ tribe, but I've solo'd for the last couple wipes. I had a sweet spot to camp and I didn't rush to setup, I was days from being the first on after a wipe.

I really do hope that they change it to having a long cooldown for totem placing. It really would make everything even, and stop "totem griefing".

blackzilla
02-15-2011, 07:53 AM
< Playstyle: If it's red, it's dead!

So if you see me coming run, or stand and fight. I will not exchange words merely the end of my axe.

bruisie159
02-15-2011, 09:15 AM

its never a game changer for those not affected

bruisie159
02-15-2011, 09:15 AM
Why dont we make tribes wait couple of days, it is just couple of days.

I didnt see it advertised "Tribes of 10+ get a headstart and everyone else joins after a couple of days at custom schedule"

This ^

In a way the issue is that jooky actually WANTS the bigger tribes to be able to claim their favorite spots at launch. Thats why a month or so ago there was talk of teleporting them to the co ords when entering the game at launch time.

FabricSoftener
02-15-2011, 09:41 AM
I see a lot of QQ from pale, friendless solo players who are most likely suffering from Only-Child or MOMMEH TINKS I SPESHUL Syndrome.

Looky here kids: You're not special. You're choosing a playstyle that is the antithesis of the developers vision for the game. Be glad you were accommodated...but be sad when you realize that going to alone just means you are easy pickens for people like me and mine. I suppose this is where you ask for a special shield that protects you from anything more than a 1v1 fight, because you're a solo player, and MMO games should be fashioned to your liking. AMIRITE?

ding! I agree

and I would like to add

please dont be the kid that crys and threatens to leave daddy if he dosent get what he wants. if you want to leave let me help you show you the door.

bruisie159
02-15-2011, 09:53 AM
I see a lot of QQ from pale, friendless solo players who are most likely suffering from Only-Child or MOMMEH TINKS I SPESHUL Syndrome.

Looky here kids: You're not special. You're choosing a playstyle that is the antithesis of the developers vision for the game. Be glad you were accommodated...but be sad when you realize that going to alone just means you are easy pickens for people like me and mine. I suppose this is where you ask for a special shield that protects you from anything more than a 1v1 fight, because you're a solo player, and MMO games should be fashioned to your liking. AMIRITE?

Hehe ironically it's u that just sounded like a kid

zettoz
02-15-2011, 09:57 AM
I will most likely stick to a small tribe, I tend to find larger groups of people tend to fall apart or turn negative against eachother, smaller close knit communities almost always have a positive environment.

Dust
02-15-2011, 10:02 AM

I like how some who speak like kids call others kids. I don't understand half of what is going on so I call names on the internet! THE CIRCLE IS COMPLETE!

Doc
02-15-2011, 10:16 AM

Uh oh, its not soloers who ask to be "SPESHUL", asking for advantage and protection from devs, quite opposite if you havent noticed...

"Ooh, were SPESHUL, we want to be let in the sanbox before other, not SPESHUL kids"

Its quite ironic, dont you think?

Zenmaster13
02-15-2011, 10:23 AM

Oh my, just getting out of your teens hey?

Here is a way to turn any ganker/griefer into an instant carebear. If you grief/gank (not talking about pvp), have a system that locks up the griefer in some kind of jail system. Don't let them out until they serve thier sentence. I am sure not one griefer would be ok with this as they are the ultimate carebears. They only fight at thier advantage, and if they are punished, they rant more vocally than any non-ganking person in the game. It has been the same in any game with pvp, that I have played.

The only people that want no safe-zones are griefers. I have yet to see one valid arguement against some form of safe zone.

Doc
02-15-2011, 10:39 AM
No. It's not irony. You should probably look words like that up so that you may use them in the proper context.

Your whole post is irony, sorry if you cant grasp in what way since ive drawn it to you.

Play the MMO as it was intended, as Jooky has envisioned it, and you will have no problems.

Up until 2 days it was "envisioned" that everyone can plant their totem with no preferential treatment. Even at this moment everyone can plant their totem with no preferential treatment.

Personally, I say let everyone stake a claim at the beginning

Then whats the charade about? Ah i know, your feeling of SPESHUL has been endangered, and we must not allow that.

...because I can tell you those solo players will just be camped until they quit or move if they are squatting on a piece of land we want.

In reality, the ruleset benefits the solo player the most, because it keeps you guys from being in direct conflict with a large tribe right from the start.

And, oooh, how sweet "you cannot play the game for couple of days for your own protection". lol

No safe-zone games are highly regarded by those who enjoy PvP in all it's forms.

Nope, just by gankers. You can enjoy PvP in all its forms with safe zones.

Zenmaster13
02-15-2011, 10:48 AM
Zenmaster: Most games have a reputation system and I certainly welcome every developer to create one. The mistake you've made (the basic fallacy in your child-like logic) is that you equate those who seek conflict (PvPers) to griefers. You say "I'm not talking about pvp"...but you only define PvP on your own terms, as opposed to the globally accepted standard of the server rules. The server ruleset defines what PvP is, not the players.

Guess what dude? It's about time you started playing games with no PVP then. This game has open pvp with full loot. You made a choice to play this game, knowing that was the ruleset!

No safe-zone games are highly regarded by those who enjoy PvP in all it's forms. I think we've established that you do not enjoy pvp, so it makes sense that you would not put aside your own ego to recognize that others enjoy what you do not, for reasons that you can't understand.

Here we go again, PVP is not, i repeat not ganking/griefing. Ask any good pvper. If you would like to discuss logical fallacies, perhaps you should take a course on logic. Oh wait, you have probably done intro logic in college. Of course this makes you an expert.

Name one successful game without safe-zones.

I enjoy PVP in all legit forms. If you consider ganking/griefing as PVP, then you only serve to prove my point further. You just want easy mode. I'm sure you will enjoy being ganked when you are crafting / gathering, and losing your gear, without being able to mount a good defense.

Please stop trying to sound as if you are more intelligent than me or anyone else. Anyone who would write a post like your first that I quoted, has a low IQ at best. Anyone with a bit of maturity or at least average intelligence would not make a statment like that. Good luck passing logic. Belushi was funny, you are too, but in a different way.

Dust
02-15-2011, 10:48 AM
1) I never said you folks were acting like children. I said that you think you're special and have only-child syndrome...an affliction many who's parents did not raise them properly struggle with well into adulthood.

2) @Bruise...you should learn the definition of irony and how to spell. Perhaps go back to get your GED? I'm sure your manager can do without you at the fry station a few nights a week.

3) @Dust...read above. You make all the same mistakes your buddy Bruise did...and then you end with a baseless claim about my comprehension of the issue.

4) Instead of attacking me, please provide a compelling argument against allowing those who intend to play the game as Jooky envisioned it to stake their claims first.

You do complete the circle tho. I don't say you guys are children but you are children.. Yea, that probably make sense in your world.

Dust
02-15-2011, 10:58 AM
English, please.

So.. you can not read and you have no cognitive skill. Gotcha.

Zenmaster13
02-15-2011, 11:02 AM
Another carebear replys and proves my point.

Please...post again!

You failed to respond to my suggestion. How about we put griefers/ gankers (who think they are pvping when they are not) in some kind of jail as punishment. You are harcore after all. You and the other inmates, could drink water, fight each other, lift weights and devote your man love to each other. Too hardcore for you? Must be the fluffy inside rearing it's head. Keep it coming, you are only making a fool of yourself.

Trying to redefine PVP to include ganking/griefing will get you nowhere with real PVPers. This is a game, and I guarentee, you are some bullied person, who can't make headway in the real world, so you come in here in hopes that your ego will be boosted. I play games for fun. I play life for keeps

FabricSoftener
02-15-2011, 11:07 AM
this whole subject is funny to me.

Not the solo, greiver or zerg conversation because that is actually intresting.

what is funny is the part that the homestead vs large tribe holdings the first few days is going to make a difference at all for anyone in the long run even for those who are major babies.

Doc
02-15-2011, 11:08 AM
MikaHR: It is only a fool who continues to reply when so obviously outmatched by even a regular, dumb dude like me. I even gave you a link so that you wouldn't embarrass yourself by misusing "irony" again...

Ahhh, proclaiming yourself as "victor"...

All in all, none of this matters. People that play the game as envisioned will have the best spots and the rest of the mobs...er...solo players will sustain us with their salty carebear tears and phat lewts.

And dismissing it all, showing that its all below you because - youre SPESHUL.

Pathetic.

Yeah, im considering asking for refund, not because im a soloer, but because important issues like this (that were probably started with large tribes abusing game mechanic) being dealt with very bad solution. Ill wait till thursday to see if it will be dealt adequatly, or will abbysmal solution persist.

And yah, grow up, and all that, not that i think you will anytime soon. And yah, safe zones exists because of people like you, no wonder you want them removed, people want their shackles removed, but society has said - no. Enjoy.

Dust
02-15-2011, 11:12 AM
You're making progress. We got a complete sentence out of you that time. You're doing so well! Try it again!

Oh wow, I just saw you are from Vexx, yea I never read signatures. I am glad to see most of you people share a huge ego, would be kinda annoying to kill you over and over if you had none.

The last guy didn't told me where your tribes will be located tho. I really want to help you get rid of every trees near your place before you are too much into the game.

FabricSoftener
02-15-2011, 11:12 AM
Ahhh, proclaiming yourself as "victor"...

And dismissing it all, showing that its all below you because - youre SPESHUL.

Pathetic.

Yeah, im considering asking for refund, not because im a soloer, but because important issues like this (that were probably started with large tribes abusing game mechanic) being dealt with very bad solution. Ill wait till thursday to see if it will be dealt adequatly, or will abbysmal solution persist.

And yah, grow up, and all that, not that i think you will anytime soon. And yah, safe zones exists because of people like you, no wonder you want them removed, people want their shackles removed, but society has said - no. Enjoy.

oh my god you are the guy who cries at the resturant and demands a refund if your steak isnt exactly as you imagined it would be in your mind.

regardless, its clear you havent played very many MMOs'. Just to give you a heads up, changes in MMOs are constant. If its not this that will change it will be something else down the road on month 1,2,3 and even year 1,2 and 3. Its common practice and you likely do not have a case to get a stupid little $40 refund unless they just dont feel like messing with you and refund you just so you will go away.

otomotopia
02-15-2011, 11:13 AM
Umm... society is saying yes, actually. At least for 3 days, it is.

FabricSoftener
02-15-2011, 11:22 AM
Please feel free to come find us, and we will relieve you of your items and life. =D

(Sorry Otto...someone told me the community here made the Aerrevan one look like the Darkfall community...and HOL-EE SHEET they were right!)

there was a point on forumfall when I very seriously started to wonder if prisions let people play online games

Doc
02-15-2011, 11:23 AM
oh my god you are the guy who cries at the resturant and demands a refund if your steak isnt exactly as you imagined it would be in your mind.

regardless, its clear you havent played very many MMOs'. Just to give you a heads up, changes in MMOs are constant. If its not this that will change it will be something else down the road on month 1,2,3 and even year 1,2 and 3. Its common practice and you likely do not have a case to get a stupid little $40 refund unless they just dont feel like messing with you and refund you just so you will go away.

Ummm, yah, 8+ years dont count as playing a lot MMOs. Gotcha.

And no, replacing bad solution with worse one is not my idea of solving a problem. If i ordered a stake and they bring salad, say that i can get steak in "a couple of days", and a guy next table gets a stake, yah, i ask for refund, anyone sane would.

Umm... society is saying yes, actually. At least for 3 days, it is.

Which one? Ahh, the "i feel SPESHUL" crowd.

otomotopia
02-15-2011, 11:28 AM
Please feel free to come find us, and we will relieve you of your items and life. =D

(Sorry Otto...someone told me the community here made the Aerrevan one look like the Darkfall community...and HOL-EE SHEET they were right!)
Meh. Only the vocal. Brando and the SSR are here under the 191th, but they don't talk much.

No, the developing staff. They're the most level-headed of us all.

FabricSoftener
02-15-2011, 11:33 AM
Ummm, yah, 8+ years dont count as playing a lot MMOs. Gotcha.

And no, replacing bad solution with worse one is not my idea of solving a problem. If i ordered a stake and they bring salad, say that i can get steak in "a couple of days", and a guy next table gets a stake, yah, i ask for refund, anyone sane would.

yeah your that guy. the guy (to be frank) no resturant really wants and no game developer really wants, trying to get a $40 refund on an MMo because they made a change....lol

I hope you do find the door just fine :)

Doc
02-15-2011, 11:37 AM
yeah your that guy. the guy (to be frank) no resturant really wants and no game developer really wants, trying to get a $40 refund on an MMo because they made a change....lol

I hope you do find the door just fine :)

Thanks.

Zenmaster13
02-15-2011, 12:32 PM
Ok..I'll bite: There is no point in creating a game with the kinds of consequences you suggest to pvp. It would be too easily abused and would make the effort to implement it futile. What you are asking for is most easily accomplished with a classic PvEasy server ruleset. (The one folks like you should be playing on.)

Also, judging by the tone of your posts, I sincerely doubt you've interacted with any real pvpers except to cry and accuse them of being big meanies.

Clearly you have no idea of game rulesets. I have never played a PVE game where you could send an NPC to jail for trying to kill you. The only thing I can do is fight them, or some other interaction.

How exactly would what I suggested be exploited? You grief someone (not talking about a single kill here), and you are punished. You don't want the mechanic I suggested purely because it would take away from your ganking / griefing fun. Thus, you would be on the receiving end of grief, but you can't handle that. That, my friend is the definition of carebear (you can dish it out, but can't take it, unless you get to choose the punishment).

I have pvped plenty, and personal attacks will get you nowhere. They have no effect but to make me chuckle at your complete lack of arguement. You have nothing to back up what you profess, only petty comments about my game experience.

Come back when you grow up a bit, and at least try to have something constructive to say.

Furyk
02-15-2011, 01:13 PM
Oh wow, I just saw you are from Vexx, yea I never read signatures. I am glad to see most of you people share a huge ego, would be kinda annoying to kill you over and over if you had none.

The last guy didn't told me where your tribes will be located tho. I really want to help you get rid of every trees near your place before you are too much into the game.

Now this is the response of a griefer.... I know I cant kill you, but i want to be a tough guy so I will log in while you are asleep and chop down all your trees and take away your resources.

really sad.

I have no doubt VexX will be willing to fight anyone, at any time. They will give you a fair fight if you ask for one. If you try to grief them tho... shame on you. They arent going to let it pass.

Dust
02-15-2011, 01:20 PM
Now this is the response of a griefer.... I know I cant kill you, but i want to be a tough guy so I will log in while you are asleep and chop down all your trees and take away your resources.

really sad.

I have no doubt VexX will be willing to fight anyone, at any time. They will give you a fair fight if you ask for one. If you try to grief them tho... shame on you. They arent going to let it pass.

I'll be honest with you, I really don't care about the trees around their place, who in their right mind would just go and cut all the trees over there? It does not even sound fun.

I was really trying to taunt them into revealing to me their location for some pvp fun, since, you know, they keep saying they are the gods of pvp. But you are saying they won't let it pass if I really do it? That sound like a challenge now.

I was only offering my help ;( But anyway they will probably just run to their tribe the second they start losing.

FabricSoftener
02-15-2011, 01:31 PM
I'll be honest with you, I really don't care about the trees around their place, who in their right mind would just go and cut all the trees over there? It does not even sound fun.

I was really trying to taunt them into revealing to me their location for some pvp fun, since, you know, they keep saying they are the gods of pvp. But you are saying they won't let it pass if I really do it? That sound like a challenge now.

Oh my god this is funny...
who is best at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy8ORsUDku4

duke it out boys we need to know who is the king of the farmville 3d

ifireallymust
02-15-2011, 03:41 PM
Unbelievable. A player in a +10 tribe is taunting smaller tribes and solo players by accusing us of asking for special treatment, when we're the ones who will be artificially placed at a disadvantage from day one.

Judging by poll statistics, a large percentage of the community is either a member of a tribe less than 10 or a solo player. If we aren't wanted in this game, I have to wonder why not? Is our money not good? Or perhaps it deeply offends the creators of Xsyon to see us wandering happily around by ourselves in the game? Maybe this an attempt to force communal living on all of us in some insane social experiment which will lead inevitably to the coming world communism? (In case you didn't realize, I stopped being serious three questions back.)

Explain why solo players are unwanted in games. Why we are not included, except grudgingly, as an afterthought, as a pestilence, in game developers' plans. Explain why we should be hunted down and exterminated like the flea-bitten vermin we are.

I'll listen. Hell, I might even agree with some of your points. But I'm not going to listen to someone mock my playstyle by accusing me of asking for special treatment when all I want to do is start when everyone else starts, when I'm perfectly fine with not having near as big a piece of land as a tribe of even three or four, and when I don't mind some sort of 'zoning' that sets aside a few areas for tribes of 10+ only. What are you saying I'm asking for, except not be constantly griefed by players two days ahead of me while I'm on my lonely way to find a place to drop my totem?

ifireallymust
02-15-2011, 04:04 PM
This is an MMO...you are playing solo.

The rules have been stated and implemented for the good of the game as a whole as decided by it's creators.

Basically, you are the guy that goes to the restaurant alone and expects to be sat at a table for 10.

Lies. You know perfectly well what I wrote. I am fine with a one person sized piece of land, ten times smaller than the land a tribe of ten can have. And come to think of it, what about all those tribes of 15+ or even 30+? Shouldn't the 30+ tribes start one day, the tribes of 15+ start the next day, then and only then the tribes of 10+ start, and then the tribes of less than ten, and last the lowly solo players? Why should any tribe of 10+ start on the same day a larger tribe starts? You are asking for special treatment, and you better quit now, or I'll spill my soup on you!

ifireallymust
02-15-2011, 04:25 PM
Some type of zoning to prevent this would send a better message to us...what was it you called us? Socially crippled misanthropes who dwell in mudhuts and would be better off playing (and paying for!) a different game, that was what you called us! And according to the poll in this very thread, over %70 of the playerbase are mudhut dwelling, socially crippled misanthropes who don't intend to belong to a tribe of 10 or more and who should quit and play minecraft, right? If you like Xsyon, why would you encourage the majority of its players to quit the game?

Just exactly what harm do you think we'll do to the game to justify insulting us and encouraging us to leave? Provided mechanics are put in place to prevent deliberate or accidental land hogging by groups too small to use it, in the manner you describe in reference to our mud huts, I can't possibly see how our existence will cause you any harm.

Doc
02-15-2011, 04:49 PM
Dude...your ability to twist polls to your advantage makes Fox News look like amateurs. Kudos.

You already said you want a refund...why *should* Jooky scramble to meet your demands? Especially when you are not on board with his vision of his game?

I'm sure that this issue has been beat to death @ Notorious by folks whose knowledge of the game and stake in seeing it succeed is far greater than everyone on this board combined.

I can't say this enough: This is an MMO, meant to be played with others. Homesteads should ALWAYS take a backseat to Tribal Lands, as that is the driving force behind the game. The current delay on homestead placements is to make good on the promises Jooky made to make sure established tribes were able to claim the land they had during beta without having to rip up someones homestead in the process.

Driving force behind this game are people paying for it. If he listened to your pathetic whines, where will it stop, what he will do next when you start your pathetic whines again.

And where are those promises? Please, let him write them in public so anyone who joins a game and dont want 10+ tribe can know that he will be screwed whenever you and your kind start your pathetic QQ before they buy the game.

Mkay?

Biohazardgs
02-15-2011, 05:32 PM
I'm pretty sure I want to be in a small group, like a family almost. But until I find one I'll probably solo just to get used to stuff until the game launches. This is why I put I don't know yet, mainly because I haven't actually played yet.

otomotopia
02-15-2011, 05:40 PM
All the what Ifs aside, only 25% of those participating in these forums say they want to play it solo. Why not have the nearly 30% what plan on grouping find people to actually play with? Strike an alliance. The what Ifs aren't too terrible, and if the controlling group splits, find some more guys to be with. At this point it should be past the third day either way. You could kill their players for revenge, if you felt slighted. On the original vision point: Jodi has said in the past that these safe zones will not last. Read the FAQ, it's there.

Larsa
02-15-2011, 06:28 PM
... On the original vision point: Jodi has said in the past that these safe zones will not last. Read the FAQ, it's there.Perhaps you should read the FAQ, there's no mention in it that there are no safe zones after prelude.

There's only the info that in early Prelude "towns" (I assume that means tribe land) are safe, there's no info in the FAQ about what happens during or after Prelude.

otomotopia
02-15-2011, 06:56 PM
Perhaps you should read the FAQ, there's no mention in it that there are no safe zones after prelude.

There's only the info that in early Prelude "towns" (I assume that means tribe land) are safe, there's no info in the FAQ about what happens during or after Prelude.

Very true, he does not EXPLICITLY mention that. However, it was clear that he was shifting the slider from Beta testing features to releasing features. Thats what Tommy is saying with his post above: these dis-advantegious changes were planned. While Safe zones were not mentioned specifically, the mentality behind them was described at great detail. This is the mechanics he uses to support his philosophy.

Also, I'm not sure if homesteads will not be safe zone when you put them down. Does he actually mention that when homesteads are unlocked, that they will not carry the safe zone property?

Larsa
02-15-2011, 07:21 PM
... Thats what Tommy is saying with his post above: these dis-advantegious changes were planned. ... I have no idea what Tommy is saying, he is the first and only poster that made it onto my ignore list. :) Gratulation!

But, in a way, you are right. Xsyon has said he doesn't want a PvP-centric game but it might be that this is just what he has developed. Interesting times ahead.

Jadzia
02-15-2011, 07:55 PM
Sorry,misread post.

bruisie159
02-16-2011, 01:37 AM
Another carebear replys and proves my point.

Please...post again!

While we are correcting each others grammar and use of language its REPLIES not REPLYS

Klecko
02-16-2011, 09:25 AM
I play with my hands

WillBingham
02-26-2011, 08:58 PM
Alone is Good. 8)

mindtrigger
03-02-2011, 02:32 PM
I want to be in a small/medium tribe, but it will not be unusual for me to strike off alone for days at a time. I need these lone walkabouts for my own sanity and spiritual practice.

darth_vato
03-02-2011, 06:44 PM
I'm a happy member of Eagles Nest with 30+ members. Hopefully that won't change after launch.

jumpshot
03-02-2011, 10:04 PM
zeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrg

Raizure
03-03-2011, 05:57 AM
Oh my, just getting out of your teens hey?

Here is a way to turn any ganker/griefer into an instant carebear. If you grief/gank (not talking about pvp), have a system that locks up the griefer in some kind of jail system. Don't let them out until they serve thier sentence. I am sure not one griefer would be ok with this as they are the ultimate carebears. They only fight at thier advantage, and if they are punished, they rant more vocally than any non-ganking person in the game. It has been the same in any game with pvp, that I have played.

The only people that want no safe-zones are griefers. I have yet to see one valid arguement against some form of safe zone.

i hate how people throw around the definition of griefing like this...what is the point of competing with a tribe if all you are allowed to do is line up like it's the 1700's. I enjoy the more subtle aspect of this game: sneaking into other tribal land and destroying resources, ganking a member of said tribe once they are out of the safe zone, etc.

Zenmaster13
03-03-2011, 07:53 AM
i hate how people throw around the definition of griefing like this...what is the point of competing with a tribe if all you are allowed to do is line up like it's the 1700's. I enjoy the more subtle aspect of this game: sneaking into other tribal land and destroying resources, ganking a member of said tribe once they are out of the safe zone, etc.

You can hate on a definition all you want. It doesn't make it any less true. I am not throwing anything around. I have been gaming for a long time, and when you are intelligent, you can see the same patterns

Not sure why your idea of war is based on 1700s, as most wars have opposing sides lined up on a battlefront. Now if you are talking about special forces, etc. then I coud see your point.

If you would care to actually argue against points, please do. Attacking someone outside of safe zone is part of the game btw. Not sure why you made that point. If you are a griefer, and just don't have the courage to admit it, please don't try to disguise it under some veil of legitimate play. PVP is not equal to griefing. If you don't want to be punished immersively, then don't grief. I have yet to see anyone make a valid argument against severe punishement to what would be considered a murderer. They want to kill anywhere for immersion purposes, but don't want the full immersion of the punishment for the action. Pretty weak in my opinion.

ifireallymust
03-05-2011, 05:08 PM
How am I going to play?

Still solo.

Even if I have to kill every last one of you a thousand times each to do it.

*Slaps on some blue war paint.*

You all are in for it now.

China
03-06-2011, 05:29 AM
How am I going to play?

Still solo.

Even if I have to kill every last one of you a thousand times each to do it.

*Slaps on some blue war paint.*

You all are in for it now.

I'm relieved to read this post. For awhile there, I was really worried about you ifireallymust. Your forum spam posts in the last couple of days made me think perhaps all the angst and rage you were displaying would lead to a very unhealthy mental state for you.

Now I see it was just rollplaying and you were having a bit of fun with us.

Good job! You had me going there for a bit.

China

ifireallymust
03-06-2011, 11:27 AM
I'm relieved to read this post. For awhile there, I was really worried about you ifireallymust. Your forum spam posts in the last couple of days made me think perhaps all the angst and rage you were displaying would lead to a very unhealthy mental state for you.

Now I see it was just rollplaying and you were having a bit of fun with us.

Good job! You had me going there for a bit.

China

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm genuinely pissed off about this. And disgusted. But you're safe in your real homes. Your pixelated ones, maybe not so much. And no, my sarcasm meter isn't off, I'm just choosing to respond seriously to this.

On a side note, I'll kill the solo players when I catch them, too, since obviously the idiots can't be bothered to come into this thread and defend themselves, let them die, too.

mrcalhou
03-06-2011, 05:16 PM
Oh don't get me wrong, I'm genuinely pissed off about this. And disgusted. But you're safe in your real homes. Your pixelated ones, maybe not so much. And no, my sarcasm meter isn't off, I'm just choosing to respond seriously to this.

On a side note, I'll kill the solo players when I catch them, too, since obviously the idiots can't be bothered to come into this thread and defend themselves, let them die, too.

YOU HAVE TO FIND ME FIRST!!!!!

ifireallymust
03-06-2011, 06:36 PM
YOU HAVE TO FIND ME FIRST!!!!!

Perception = 70

Well, maybe. Still trying to figure out the right balance for attributes, actually. *Hide* *sneak sneak sneak* *stumbles over mrcalhou, also in hide mode* *both of us bolting away in opposite directions, with no clue who we just stumbled over?*

mrcalhou
03-06-2011, 06:54 PM
Perception = 70

Well, maybe. Still trying to figure out the right balance for attributes, actually. *Hide* *sneak sneak sneak* *stumbles over mrcalhou, also in hide mode* *both of us bolting away in opposite directions, with no clue who we just stumbled over?*

Agility = 90

*falls* *twists ankle* *weeps*

ifireallymust
03-06-2011, 07:02 PM
Agility = 90

*falls* *twists ankle* *weeps*

*sneaks back* *pats you on head*

That would be me trying to flee in real life :(

Sultan
03-09-2011, 11:19 AM
death Raids

Sultan