PDA

View Full Version : Xsyon Enterprises - Recruitment

LSky
03-11-2010, 05:03 AM
Greetings,

Xsyon Enterprises is recruiting officers to start its ascent to economic power. If you are interested in being part of a small group of members that will form the core of the future organization that will focus on the business side of Xsyon, this is the place for you!

Name: Xsyon Enterprises
Ventrilo: calcium.typefrag.com:6927
Mission Statement:
Our main goal is to achieve the highest amount of wealth and economical power. We aim to do this through establishing thriving businesses that will serve the Xsyon world with high quality and/or low priced goods as well as increase our own wealth and power.

Requirements for officer recruitment:
Officer/Director recruitment only for the time being, general recruitment will be opened later.
- 18+ age limit
- 12+ months of MMORPG experience
- Mature and relaxed attitude

Contact information:
As we have yet to set up a website, the means of communitcation are now limited to ventrilo, private messages on this forum and the recruitment thread itself.

If you're interested and meet the requirements, please contact us!

Ivan Streptovsky
03-11-2010, 05:05 AM
This follows the United Survivor Republic mission statement pretty well. Perhaps you should check us out? We're looking for competent officers.

At any rate good luck.

LSky
03-11-2010, 05:14 AM
Ivan Streptovsky wrote:

This follows the United Survivor Republic mission statement pretty well. Perhaps you should check us out? We're looking for competent officers.

At any rate good luck.Thanks for the heads up, for now I'll see where this goes first.

TangerineSky
03-11-2010, 06:00 AM
The Tribe Tribe would be esteemed to have the honor of sub-tribing the wealthiest tribe in xsyon. Unamed business tribe has a special place in The Tribe Tribe's heart.

Redus
03-11-2010, 07:21 AM
LSky wrote:

Requirements:
- 18+ age limit

I understand the age limit somehow, however where does the 12+ month of MMORPG experience come from? Does that make someone better? Wiser? or more mature/relaxed?

LSky
03-11-2010, 07:45 AM
Redus wrote:

LSky wrote:

Requirements:
- 18+ age limit

I understand the age limit somehow, however where does the 12+ month of MMORPG experience come from? Does that make someone better? Wiser? or more mature/relaxed?It makes someone more experienced in MMOs, I thought the clue was in the name. I'm looking for people that don't need to be held by their hand, especially the ones that are to be recruited first.

Ivan Streptovsky
03-11-2010, 10:22 AM
You only need a few months. A year is overkill

MrBlah
03-11-2010, 10:27 AM
Unnamed Business Tribe that might not happen is the best way to initiate new tribe members.

LSky
03-11-2010, 10:57 AM
Tan Tzu-Fei wrote:

You only need a few months. A year is overkillFor the core of an organization? I beg to differ.

TangerineSky
03-11-2010, 11:01 AM
LSky wrote:

Tan Tzu-Fei wrote:

You only need a few months. A year is overkillFor the core of an organization? I beg to differ.I agree with Lsky. His restrictions allow for very competetive game play. That is why I'm interested in taking them as a sub-tribe down the road so all of our highly competetive and experianced players can join the Unnamed Business Tribe on a venture to generative wealth and prosperity.

Jadzia
03-11-2010, 11:02 AM
Tan Tzu-Fei wrote:

Isn't it interesting that when we quote Ivan's comment it writes his old chinese name ?

TangerineSky
03-11-2010, 11:03 AM
Jadzia wrote:

Tan Tzu-Fei wrote:

Isn't it interesting that when we quote Ivan's comment it writes his old chinese name ?That is because even though he has tried to change his outward identity, he is still the chinaman deep down.

LSky
03-11-2010, 11:04 AM
TangerineSky wrote:

LSky wrote:

Tan Tzu-Fei wrote:

You only need a few months. A year is overkillFor the core of an organization? I beg to differ.I agree with Lsky. His restrictions allow for very competetive game play. That is why I'm interested in taking them as a sub-tribe down the road so all of our highly competetive and experianced players can join the Unnamed Business Tribe on a venture to generative wealth and prosperity.Do not worry, this tribe/guild/clan/corporation will have a name soon.

TangerineSky
03-11-2010, 11:06 AM
LSky wrote:

TangerineSky wrote:

LSky wrote:

Tan Tzu-Fei wrote:

You only need a few months. A year is overkillFor the core of an organization? I beg to differ.I agree with Lsky. His restrictions allow for very competetive game play. That is why I'm interested in taking them as a sub-tribe down the road so all of our highly competetive and experianced players can join the Unnamed Business Tribe on a venture to generative wealth and prosperity.Do not worry, this tribe/guild/clan/corporation will have a name soon.Honestly, I favor the name Unamed Business Tribe (UTB) as the tag. It's original and exlplicit in itself. Not many tribe names convey those qualities.

Ivan Streptovsky
03-11-2010, 11:35 AM
Ignore Tangerine, LSky. He's one of the bigger forum trolls

TangerineSky
03-11-2010, 11:41 AM
Tan Tzu-Fei wrote:

Ignore Tangerine, LSky. He's one of the bigger forum trollsRegardless whether I am a troll or not, mr chinaman, my post was legitimate. I qualified why I like his current tribe name which is similar to my tribe name in concept.

Attack the idea, not the man. In the great wisdom of RBOMB, ad hominem makes for bad argument.

Fishbowl
03-11-2010, 11:48 AM
i think u all just need to calm down. Paper tribe is paper, the game isnt even out yet and your at each others throats. maybe wen peace time ends you can smash each other off the map so that none of us have to be bothered ?

MrBlah
03-11-2010, 11:54 AM
Fishbowl wrote:

i think u all just need to calm down. Paper tribe is paper, the game isnt even out yet and your at each others throats. maybe wen peace time ends you can smash each other off the map so that none of us have to be bothered ?

This one has never experienced Forumfall.

Also, UTB gives off a shady demeanor as well B)

TangerineSky
03-11-2010, 11:55 AM
Fishbowl wrote:

i think u all just need to calm down. Paper tribe is paper, the game isnt even out yet and your at each others throats. maybe wen peace time ends you can smash each other off the map so that none of us have to be bothered ?Fishbowl is right.

I wish you luck in your recruiting endeavours, LSky. We will discuss some organization possibilities in the future.

LSky
03-11-2010, 12:07 PM
TangerineSky wrote:

Fishbowl wrote:

i think u all just need to calm down. Paper tribe is paper, the game isnt even out yet and your at each others throats. maybe wen peace time ends you can smash each other off the map so that none of us have to be bothered ?Fishbowl is right.

I wish you luck in your recruiting endeavours, LSky. We will discuss some organization possibilities in the future.I'll look forward to it.

All this aside, to genuinely interested people, send me a private message!

NearlyDeparted
03-12-2010, 08:50 AM
Bump - I like the idea

NearlyDeparted
03-12-2010, 04:02 PM
Name idea, "The Corporation"

Grimskeggr
03-12-2010, 07:25 PM
Ivan is suggesting this guild will fail completely, and its founder will be looking for work. Tangerine Sky suggests the guild will succeed, but not to such a degree that it won't need to have a big brother.

Given Tangerine Sky's more encouraging approach, I foresee a new Tribe Tribe Sub Tribe.

gorilla
03-12-2010, 07:31 PM
Ivan Streptovsky wrote:

At any rate good luck.

Yea that definitely sounds like he wants it to fail. /sarcasm off
I am respecting your tribe more and more every day.

Ivan Streptovsky
03-12-2010, 08:20 PM
Careful. Sarcasm will destroy their tiny little minds.

TangerineSky
03-12-2010, 08:45 PM
groilla wrote:

Ivan Streptovsky wrote:

At any rate good luck.

I am respecting your tribe more and more every day.I believe he is implying the 'fail' suggestion comes from the fact that Ivan stated he is looking for competent officers, which implies that LSKy should be an officer and not create his own guild (UBT) or something similar.
This assertion is affirmed by his wording of "at any rate, ....."

But I guess if Ivan want to scapegoat mr. sarcasm, that is always a possibility.

I hope to achieve an unprecedented respect level from you, gorilla.

Also, more people need to join this Tribe!Now

gorilla
03-12-2010, 08:58 PM
TangerineSky wrote:

groilla wrote:

Ivan Streptovsky wrote:

At any rate good luck.

I am respecting your tribe more and more every day.I believe he is implying the 'fail' suggestion comes from the fact that Ivan stated he is looking for competent officers, which implies that LSKy should be an officer and not create his own guild (UBT) or something similar.

But I guess if Ivan want to scapegoat mr. sarcasm, that is always a possibility.

So let me get this straight.... if the OP joined a tribe right after he posted it, then the tribe that wasnt even started yet would have failed? Ivan merely said we had similar goals and offered him a spot, he did not in anyway say that this tribe was going to fail.

TangerineSky
03-12-2010, 09:02 PM
groilla wrote:

TangerineSky wrote:

groilla wrote:

Ivan Streptovsky wrote:

At any rate good luck.

So let me get this straight.... if he joined a tribe right after he posted it, then the tribe that wasnt even started yet would have failed? He merely said we had similar goals and offered him a spot, he did not in anyway say that this tribe was going to fail.l2read

gorilla
03-12-2010, 09:07 PM
TangerineSky wrote:

groilla wrote:

TangerineSky wrote:

groilla wrote:

Ivan Streptovsky wrote:

At any rate good luck.

So let me get this straight.... if he joined a tribe right after he posted it, then the tribe that wasnt even started yet would have failed? He merely said we had similar goals and offered him a spot, he did not in anyway say that this tribe was going to fail.l2read

Your member was saying that Ivan want's this guild to fail. Ivan offered him a spot right after he posted, first of all it can't fail before it has even started, second of all what I took away from "at any rate good luck" is whether or not he joins us good luck. Not whether or not your guild fails. Maybe I will stop explaining myself and respond with a immature "l2read" next time.

NearlyDeparted
03-12-2010, 09:15 PM
Would it be possible to leave the recruitment section of the forums to just recruitment? I like the idea of the tribe, but I am member of Hopi.

I would just like to think this area should be positive, leave the negative threads for the other areas maybe.

TangerineSky
03-12-2010, 09:19 PM
NearlyDeparted wrote:

Would it be possible to leave the recruitment section of the forums to just recruitment? I like the idea of the tribe, but I am member of Hopi.

I would just like to think this area should be positive, leave the negative threads for the other areas maybe.I agree with this. It would be helpful if a mod could delete the last irrelevant posts from this thread.

Grimskeggr
03-12-2010, 09:25 PM
groilla wrote:

So let me get this straight.... if the OP joined a tribe right after he posted it, then the tribe that wasnt even started yet would have failed? Ivan merely said we had similar goals and offered him a spot, he did not in anyway say that this tribe was going to fail.

It's kind of like Mr. Lsky came to us with a great idea for a restaurant, "Unnamed Burger Joint," which he would own and operate. Ivan, a local McDonalds franchise owner, replied with: "Hey, kid, that's real nice. Tell ya what, maybe you'd like to come work the grill at my place when that doesn't work out for you."

Tangerine Sky, the organizer of a local Small Business Owners Association, has offered a more genuine wish for good luck along with a fantastic offer of membership.

Why does Ivan hate small business?

Redus
03-13-2010, 03:12 AM
LSky wrote:

Redus wrote:

LSky wrote:

Requirements:
- 18+ age limit

I understand the age limit somehow, however where does the 12+ month of MMORPG experience come from? Does that make someone better? Wiser? or more mature/relaxed?It makes someone more experienced in MMOs, I thought the clue was in the name. I'm looking for people that don't need to be held by their hand, especially the ones that are to be recruited first.

Because people who played WoW for 1 year+ would be more usefull in a game like Xsyon then people who played games like EvE Online, Darkfall or Wurm online 6 months?

Beside that, 12 months of MMO experience is not really a good indication either. Someone could have had more game time under his belt in 1 month then someone in 12 months. I understand you want experienced people within you tribe, would it however not be better to just judge this yourself on an one on one basis?

Reynolds
03-13-2010, 04:37 AM
I personally think people should be free to set whatever criteria they want for their tribe, especially the early life of the tribe will set the theme, and if you want to play with experienced gamers then that might be more important than pure numbers to him.

Whatever he wants to do with his tribe is right for him, I don't see why people should start wading in and say he is wrong. If he wants to use discretion when it comes up to his own rules, again thats noone else's choice but himself.

Most of the stuff posted has been a total distraction from the purpose of the thread as a recruitment post.

All the best for your tribe.

Redus
03-13-2010, 05:29 AM
Reynolds wrote:

Whatever he wants to do with his tribe is right for him, I don't see why people should start wading in and say he is wrong. If he wants to use discretion when it comes up to his own rules, again thats noone else's choice but himself.

and whatever I give him unwanted advice is my right and if he wants to ignore and use that advice then it is his right. His answer would also give me an insight into the person he is and what type of leader. As I would not mind joining an tribe that is focused on trading, however not sure about the 12+ year thing and whatever the reasons are and thus asking question about this might get it answered.

Ivan Streptovsky
03-13-2010, 07:22 AM
I agree with both sides. It is his tribe and he can do whatever he wishes with it, although a YEAR of MMO experience is total overkill. A few months is all you need, and even then there aren't a LOT of MMO's that are like Xsyon would be, so a year of say, World of Warcraft, wouldn't prepare you for Xsyon at all.

LSky
03-13-2010, 11:03 PM
Thanks for keeping this thread active, I've been busy myself in the last few days. I'd like to make a few things clear, before more misunderstandings are being created.

The experience requirement I put up is there for the recruitment of guild 'officers' only, and for that those will be the only people I'll be recruiting. It is simply my personal conviction that those with extended playing experience in MMORPGs generally have a better understanding of what goes on inside guilds, the inter-guild politics, the intra-guild conflicts, overall organization and so on. I understand that this specific requirement is unfamiliar to many people, but for the leading positions I wish to be able to rely on experience. I hope that this clears up some confusion and to those who gave advice it is most welcome and I appreciate the gesture.

Another point, the name has yet to be determined and while I concur that it currently looks rather amusing,it is very unlikely that over time, we will not be able to come up with something that we like better.

Those who were going on about different tribes and alliances between tribes, I would appreciate it if you'd keep this thread clean. This tribe has yet to be properly established and before it has done so and the game itself has been live for a while, there will be no decisions on diplomacy related issues.

Now to the tribe itself, as soon as I secure a few more people to form the core of the guild, a name will be decided on, a website will be launched and a private ventrilo server will be acquired.

To those who are interested, send a private message or leave a reply!

inferno3387
03-13-2010, 11:38 PM
Would I be allowed to join?

LSky
03-14-2010, 03:40 AM
inferno3387 wrote:

Would I be allowed to join?I wouldn't even begin to consider it until you changed your signature. :side:

Lily
03-14-2010, 03:58 AM
He should get a Tribe Tribe one, they're far less annoying.

LSky
03-15-2010, 04:06 AM
Still looking.

Ivan Streptovsky
03-15-2010, 04:49 AM
How goes recruitment, LSky? Gotten any other members yet?

My offer still stands man. ;)

LSky
03-15-2010, 04:54 AM
Ivan Streptovsky wrote:

My offer still stands man. ;)I'll keep this going for a while, the game hasn't even been shown to work yet, so there's no hurry. I'll keep your offer in mind though.

Ivan Streptovsky
03-15-2010, 05:02 AM
Sure man. Good luck to you though. Hope you actually get it up. It's a great feeling when you hit 10 members and know "We can make a town"

Well I'm assuming it is I don't know what it feels like yet. lol

brando
03-15-2010, 05:12 AM
Hmmmmm ... I may slip you an app. I've done guild leadering for a good while now. Might be nice to be a grunt for once. Is it okay if I'm overly lazy and just chop down trees all day?

You'd be amazed how therapeutic chopping down trees and digging all day can be.

LSky
03-15-2010, 06:05 AM
Chopping trees all day is an underrated activity.

LSky
03-16-2010, 11:43 PM
Only looking for a handful more people, then we can finalize the core of the organization. If you're interested in a position, send me a private message.

Cochran1
03-17-2010, 03:40 PM
Just wanted to say that I'm happy to be on board with Xsyon Enterprises, I like the idea of being able to actually have a hand in forming this tribe.

Spitfire5
03-17-2010, 04:36 PM
I like the name.

Good luck!

LSky
03-19-2010, 10:55 AM
We now have a ventrilo server running!

Ivan Streptovsky
03-19-2010, 12:17 PM
LSky wrote:

Congrats LSky. With that milestone done you'll garner even more members

LSky
03-20-2010, 08:33 AM
Ivan Streptovsky wrote:

LSky wrote:

Congrats LSky. With that milestone done you'll garner even more membersLuckily you're here to troll remind everyone of this important information!

Ivan Streptovsky
03-20-2010, 08:53 AM
I'm not trolling. I'm congratulating you on getting your ventrilo up. Don't be such a jerk dude.

LSky
03-20-2010, 12:04 PM
Ivan Streptovsky wrote:

I'm not trolling. I'm congratulating you on getting your ventrilo up. Don't be such a jerk dude.
I guess detecting jokes can be hard on the internets.

brando
03-20-2010, 03:42 PM
LSky wrote:

Ivan Streptovsky wrote:

I guess detecting jokes can be hard on the internets.

To invoke an age old meme: Its because the internet is serious business!

We're still doing some shuffling of our own LSky. We just had a few more pre-order so I'll keep you updated. No matter what the outcome though we'll consider Xsyon Enterprises one of our primary contacts if we do strike it out on our own.

Let me know if you guys decide on a direction too.

LSky
03-20-2010, 05:25 PM
brando wrote:
We're still doing some shuffling of our own LSky. We just had a few more pre-order so I'll keep you updated. No matter what the outcome though we'll consider Xsyon Enterprises one of our primary contacts if we do strike it out on our own.

Let me know if you guys decide on a direction too.
Good to hear there are more of you interested in the game! Now it is just a matter of waiting, and waiting... and waiting.

brando
03-20-2010, 06:19 PM
Kind of seems like that's all we do these days ...

Cochran1
03-20-2010, 08:25 PM
brando wrote:

Guess I'm lucky, 90% of my job is nothing more than "hurry up and wait". lol

brando
03-20-2010, 09:28 PM
Cochran1 wrote:

brando wrote:

Past 8 years of my life have been that way. Both in gaming and my job as well ;)

Wrekkoning
03-21-2010, 05:43 AM
brando wrote:

Cochran1 wrote:

brando wrote:

Past 8 years of my life have been that way. Both in gaming and my job as well ;)

Dont do it man, its gonna get better!

LSky
03-23-2010, 11:29 AM
Still looking!

brando
03-23-2010, 12:29 PM
You know LSky, if it doesn't work out there are still plenty of opportunities available in the USSR clan. Just sayin'

Lily
03-23-2010, 02:23 PM
brando wrote:

You know LSky, if it doesn't work out there are still plenty of opportunities available in the USSR clan. Just sayin'

Man you guys are low. People complain about Tribe Tribe spamming recruitment threads, but at least we don't undermine confidence in other people's clans with this pseudo friendly "if it doesn't work out" bullshit. We hope for a plethora of tribes and support everyone's efforts, not tear them down in the hopes of swelling our own ranks.

LSky
03-23-2010, 02:29 PM
brando wrote:

As I mentioned before, I am not going to worry about any such things before the game is even released. However that doesn't mean I'll stop looking for people.

brando
03-23-2010, 02:41 PM
Lily wrote:

brando wrote:

Man you guys are low. People complain about Tribe Tribe spamming recruitment threads, but at least we don't undermine confidence in other people's clans with this pseudo friendly "if it doesn't work out" bullshit. We hope for a plethora of tribes and support everyone's efforts, not tear them down in the hopes of swelling our own ranks.

lol Lily, I'm not in USSR :P I was just joking with LSky. We were having a laugh about it on MSN the other day.

LSky
03-27-2010, 02:50 AM
LSky wrote:

Still looking!
^

Alyzar
04-03-2010, 06:03 PM
Oh shit it's Lsky.

Ciik
05-20-2010, 06:51 PM
LSky wrote:

Tan Tzu-Fei wrote:

You only need a few months. A year is overkillFor the core of an organization? I beg to differ.

I agree with ya. Hell, I'll be looking for a home at some point, and I'd be a bit more stringent coming from 13+ years of mmo exp. :)