PDA

View Full Version : Breeding?

violetann
03-11-2010, 07:12 AM
May be animal breeding you can choose to encourage farm animals or kept animals to breed.
but also human breeding?

a male and female can choose to try for a child. may be miscarriages and other problems could happen, but it would allow you to produce a heir to pass your skills and worth on to later, though you have to make sure they don't die for that ever reason.
it could be being pregnancy effects your skills and are a lot more weaker then normal while pregnant especial in the later stages. If your child dies from reason and you don't produce another heir before you grow old your blood line is lost?

Redus
03-11-2010, 07:23 AM
Animal Breeding will not be in as far as I know, but someone he likes will look into.

lazyfroguk
03-11-2010, 07:26 AM
if would ge great fun to have a farm of tamed nuclear-infested crazy people and have little crazy zombie babies XP and then have them as mounts!!! unlikely this will be implemented though =( lol

Lily
03-11-2010, 08:36 AM
If you have human breeding, won't there be an issue that even with a lot of you guys playing female chars, there's still always a larger number of male chars. Saying that, how many of you would want your female char being the tribe's bitch and being shagged by your clannies?

violetann
03-11-2010, 08:50 AM
personaly i'd want to play a female chariter and have babies :P. i always do play them.
besides the ratio is normaly nearly 50/50 male to female chariters (unless for some reason the female avs look realy bad). partly guys playing girls but also the evolving and increasing amount of female gamers. so amount of men to woman ratio realy dosen't come into it that much. heck if your that worried then just have npcs females or males you can breed with. though it would fit more with a tribe ethos about how producing new life is part of surviving.

MMORPGS come from multiplaying roleplaying. playing a role that isn't nessarly you. though it would probly come more into it of female avarters battering out their bodys for someone to have a heir lol

Lily
03-11-2010, 08:54 AM
Hm, I like your last point. Maybe I could put together a harem of genetically high quality women. You want a top notch baby come see one of my girls. Could be quit the money spiner. Forget plain prostitution, I'm going into the baby business!

Cradlejoe
03-11-2010, 10:20 AM
The first line of the OP is okay. But the rest is just odd...

Who the hell wants miscarriages in their game?

MrBlah
03-11-2010, 10:38 AM
Cradlejoe wrote:

The first line of the OP is okay. But the rest is just odd...

Who the hell wants miscarriages in their game?

wait, you don't?

darkrounge
03-11-2010, 11:44 AM
Animal breeding -_-

All these suggestions start to get even closer to real life.
I highly doubt it will have these.

Cradlejoe
03-11-2010, 11:46 AM
darkrounge wrote:

Animal breeding -_-

Wurm has animal breeding. If it's possible to fully close off your animals so they don't escape then I don't see why it's not possible.
But I do think a breeding animation or birth animation is slightly unecessary :)

MrBlah
03-11-2010, 11:57 AM
Cradlejoe wrote:

darkrounge wrote:

Animal breeding -_-

Wurm has animal breeding. If it's possible to fully close off your animals so they don't escape then I don't see why it's not possible.
But I do think a breeding animation or birth animation is slightly unecessary :)

pfft.... :silly:

Chocobot
03-11-2010, 11:59 AM
darkrounge wrote:

Animal breeding -_-

It is supposed to be a realistic game right?

I hope Breeding will be in at some point in the near future. Farms have more then crops alone and I think that having animals is much easier in for example a mountainous area then having to make the ground flat enough so that crops are easy to handle (assuming they need (almost) flat ground/can't be put on big slopes)

Jadzia
03-11-2010, 11:59 AM
Cradlejoe wrote:

No ! I insist to have them !

darkrounge
03-11-2010, 12:04 PM
Wow, you guys are extremely sad.
Who's going to sit down like a little girl and wimp out about wanting to feed here little puppy.

The day i see you do that is the day i pop a hole in your head with my axe XD

Stncold
03-11-2010, 12:08 PM
Breeding between PC's in muds/MMOs always wind up attracting a special kind of pathetic that do nothing but cyber all fucking day.

No thanks, I'd like to keep that shit out of this game if possible.

MrBlah
03-11-2010, 12:21 PM
darkrounge wrote:

Who's going to sit down like a little girl and wimp out about wanting to feed here little puppy.

you shuld edit your sig for proper English. It put a bad impreshun on newcomers if they dont think we speak english good.

It should read "It takes drive and determination to succeed"

darkrounge
03-11-2010, 12:28 PM
Your really obscure.
Why are you being so volatile towards me?
Insulting me won't get you anywhere and most certainly won't earn you friendship.

Besides, your spelling isn't like "Top notch" is it now?

Cradlejoe
03-11-2010, 12:34 PM
darkrounge wrote:

Heh, it's not such a sad feature really. This game won't be all combat remember.

darkrounge
03-11-2010, 12:43 PM
If it is implemented then multi-breeding should be available lol XD

PsykieKILLA
03-11-2010, 10:05 PM
darkrounge wrote:

Your really obscure.
Why are you being so volatile towards me?
Insulting me won't get you anywhere and most certainly won't earn you friendship.

Besides, your spelling isn't like "Top notch" is it now?

Umm, I hardly see how his post was volatile...

And his spelling mistakes where clearly irony. You know, a joke...

Why would he make so many in a string one after the other RIGHT after saying it leaves a bad impression? Except the 'shuld' bit, that seems to be a speed typing error.

Man...

Anyway, personally I would say PC breeding is a bad idea, for the above Cybering reasons, and also you know that little kids are going to get on here and breed in public whilst giggling all day on their vent servers... And I don't want that sort of play experience frankly.

But non-animated animal breeding is essential. Animals are a semi-renewable resources. Unless they grow from seeds. Ground seeds. Not the animal 'seeds'. You get the picture.

And I have it on good authority that they do not, in fact, grow from seeds, my good sir.

Largion
03-12-2010, 02:31 AM
This and the VOIP put together is pure win. I can see kids telling there parents old men are trying to breed with them. :laugh:

Lily
03-12-2010, 02:38 AM
We just need to work out how to implement webcams into the game and we're got the full breeding 'experience'. Good thinking there Largion.

Largion
03-12-2010, 05:13 AM
Lily wrote:

We just need to work out how to implement webcams into the game and we're got the full breeding 'experience'. Good thinking there Largion.

Now we are getting somewhere.

No more 20$ for a 10 min webshow! I mean not that I would do that or anything.... :dry:

warzenkai
03-12-2010, 05:30 AM
Human breeding sound good.ME WANT SEXY TIME

darkrounge
03-12-2010, 09:31 AM
YA, sounds exotic.

Watch out for those who are into "Cross breeding". You never know who'll be ruminating a sheep.

violetann
03-12-2010, 09:23 PM
not realy sure any of you got the good side to breeding.
for example say you have mounts.
instead of everyone having generic horse with say x heath, x speed, x carrying capacity. with good breeding you can get a horse which is faster, stronger and can carry more. with bad breeding you get something that falls over all the time and is only good to send to the glue factory in the sky.

now say for example you were breeding live stock such as bulls, buffalo or sheep for food a stronger animal might yeld more meat or wool or hide or pull carts/wagons faster. it also allows you to keep a live stock herd for food or trading.

darkrounge
03-13-2010, 01:51 AM
Yeah.
We should also be able to run a farm XD
Breed animals within there, I.E: Chickens etc..

This would be an advantage for selling meat/food and transporting goods from one tribe to another.

Palo god
03-13-2010, 02:00 AM
darkrounge wrote:

Yeah.
We should also be able to run a farm XD
Breed animals within there, I.E: Chickens etc..

This would be an advantage for selling meat/food and transporting goods from one tribe to another.

I’d like to find a game where you could eventually starve your enemies tribe by burning their farming fields and slaughtering their live stock. Hopefully this is that game.

GaelicWarlord
04-01-2010, 08:54 AM
I personally think the idea of breeding (even animal breeding) isn't a bad one at all. I've seen some heinous comments about it though. Lets face it... if cybering happens in this game, it'll happen whether breeding is introduced into this game or not.

Breeding doesn't need to be X-Rated. There is no need for animations or showing the actual breeding. But the ability to pass on your character attributes or skills and knowledge to an heir isn't a bad idea what so ever.

Zarma
04-07-2010, 12:25 PM
Wurm has it, we've even got human breeding... Well, half human breeding, we've got to improvise a little, the guy has to be a zombie. But disregard that, it works out quite nicely (the animal breeding more then human breeding... Consequence to breeding with zombies is that your baby comes out with eight legs and looks a lot like a spider. It's normally killed by some one.)

Kitsume
04-07-2010, 12:28 PM
Zarma wrote:

Wurm has it, we've even got human breeding... Well, half human breeding, we've got to improvise a little, the guy has to be a zombie. But disregard that, it works out quite nicely (the animal breeding more then human breeding... Consequence to breeding with zombies is that your baby comes out with eight legs and looks a lot like a spider. It's normally killed by some one.)

Next time you kill something, remember it was once some mother's baby...

Palo god
04-07-2010, 01:26 PM
Kitsume wrote:

Zarma wrote:

Next time you kill something, remember it was once some mother's baby...

I saw a dead fetus today at work. Was neat.

KamenMoore
04-07-2010, 01:26 PM
Animal breeding and pets.

It's on the features page under Evolution.

Palo god
04-07-2010, 01:38 PM
KamenMoore wrote:

Animal breeding and pets.

It's on the features page under Evolution.

I don't think it's going to be in until after prelude. Not sure though.

KamenMoore
04-07-2010, 01:42 PM
Yep.Evolution is evolution, probably means either later in prelude, or after prelude. Don't worry though, there will be plenty of other things you can do.

Maerdyn
04-09-2010, 02:01 PM
Hi,

Im fairly new to the forum (and game). Ive been lurking around, and just reading up.

The topic of breeding caught my attention, as I devved an Ultima Online emulated server back in the day, and made a breeding system that I think would work very well with Xsyon as well, and thought Id drop it here as well.

Im pasting a rough edited version of the system :

How the breeding system works.

The player needs to have the two tamed creatures (critA, and critB) under his control, ie, tamed. An action or item starts the breeding process. The system then does the following checks :

Are both creatures under the player's control?
Are the creatures of the same type, or, is the critB in critA's
Are the creatures of different sexes?
Are both creatures Fertile?
Has the female's LastMatingAttemptTimer expired?
Has the female's LastBreedingTimer expired?
Does the creatures meet the BreedingRequirements?

The two creatures then attempt to mate. A skillcheck is done here on the player on X skills.
The LastMatingAttempt property gets set to the current timestamp.

The two creatures then mate.
The LastMatingTime gets set to the current timestamp

A new egg is created. For every property on a creature, the procedure occurs :

Each creature has a MutationChance property. A random number is rolled. If the number is smaller than the creature's MutationChance property, it mutates. It then takes another random property of the creature (health, armor, etc). It then randomly decreases, or increases this property.

The propeties gets added to the egg, and the eggs Generation is set to 1 more than the highest of either critA or critB's generation.

The egg than randomly chooses either critA or critB's type. This comes into play if the creatures are not of the same breed. For instance, a cow and a bull mates, then the child will be randomly chosen. Or, if we decide to implement crossbreeding, a bear and a frog's child will be chosen randomly. (Imho, the crossbeeding thing just over complicates things)

If the creature's LaysEggs property is true, it sets the eggsize according to the following tier :

if (str < 15) : small
if (str < 50) :Average
if (str < 150) : Large
Else : Giant;
}
the egg-item then gets named to "<creature name> egg".
The egg is moved to the player's backpack.

However, if the LaysEgg property is not true, the egg's Phoetus property gets set to true, and is added to the mother's backpack. Some crits, like a cow, are not spawned with a backpack. If this happens, the system creates a backpack to the crit, and moves the phoetus there.

Upon egg creation, a timer starts for the egg to hatch, the time depending on the eggs HatchingTime property, inherited from the parents.

When the timer expires, a creature is spawned, and the phoetus/egg is destroyed. The creature is then set to an infant state, with decreased stats. For instance, if a creature is in his Youth, his properties will change to a random (higher than or equal to 2, but lower than 5)'th of his adult properties.

Once spawned, the creatures aging process will be started.
The lifestage-lengths are as follows
Infant-> Child : 10th of LifeLength property
Child-> Youth : 5th of LifeLength property
Youth-> Adult : half of LifeLength property
Adult : LifeLength property

Im certain that Ive omitted some details to this, but, you should get the general idea of how its works.

Wingnut
04-10-2010, 11:27 AM
How about breeding as part of crafting? Such as breeding for better leather from animal type. More food from plant type. Tougher pet type. And so on. I'm not sure of the programming complexity, but it could make the game much deeper.

Krux
04-10-2010, 12:26 PM
I like the breeding as part of crating idea, myself. Perhaps I'll have a farm :)

Wingnut
04-12-2010, 04:15 PM
How about breeding for better colors of dyes? Stronger drugs? More potent herbs for healing? Tougher sharper spines on a hedge for defense. Lots of possibilities here.

zettoz
02-15-2011, 09:35 AM
I think animal breeding would be a great type of profession, it would just need to take a long amount of time but have a high yield reward if you do it properly.

tedrick
02-18-2011, 08:53 AM
Wurm Online has animal breeding right now. It is a bit silly but you lead one animal to another and while leading click on the other then Breed. "They get frisky" is the only wording you see. If you succeed the female is pregnant, keep her health and fed and after X period of time a baby appears. Simple and traits carry from previous generations. So you can play breed the best dog or fastest horse or whatever.

I do not know of any other game that does this. At least not any other MMO. So it is possible. One man can code it like ol Rolf.