PDA

View Full Version : A general census-where are you?

otomotopia
02-17-2011, 12:22 AM
Lets see where most of our population is located. This is in relation to the lake, and imagine the world is in quarter pie slices in an X.

dlld
02-17-2011, 06:48 AM
Seems to be little love for the north. Only been in the eastern parts so far, is there few scrapheaps in the north or something?

Rudder
02-17-2011, 06:56 AM
In the South there a lot of easily accessible flat land. In the North it's mostly hilly to mountainous. Junk piles are spread out.

BigCountry
02-17-2011, 07:36 AM
South 4tw.
:D

Sakho
02-17-2011, 08:23 AM
Eastern :cool:

Sobez
02-17-2011, 09:59 AM
Reppin the north up in this bitch

Dust
02-17-2011, 11:33 AM
No idea yet.. near some medium or big tribe so there is lots of action and stealing opportunity.

SpeechMan
02-18-2011, 12:53 AM
Since homesteads aren't in yet, my first day will consist of running around the lake and trying to find a tribe that would appreciate my contribution. Therefore I have no idea where I'll eventually settle.

Niburu
02-18-2011, 12:55 AM
Homesteads are in ! Are you a desperate guy with multiple accounts ?

ifireallymust
02-18-2011, 12:56 AM
No idea yet.. near some medium or big tribe so there is lots of action and stealing opportunity.

From the testosterone fueled rumblings I heard passing through it earlier tonight, I'd suggest Incline!

Risk
02-18-2011, 02:40 AM
just be stup[id to quarter the southern region...
been in the hills...nothin but trees and green fog....

North West....you get the hidden Trash Pits...and I can only claim one...lol

JCatano
02-18-2011, 02:45 AM
Homesteads are in ! Are you a desperate guy with multiple accounts ?

6 here.

Want to buy a plot?

Risk
02-18-2011, 02:47 AM
end

otomotopia
02-18-2011, 08:58 AM
just be stup[id to quarter the southern region...
been in the hills...nothin but trees and green fog....

North West....you get the hidden Trash Pits...and I can only claim one...lol

HAHAHAHAHA!! Someone didn't look hard enough ^_^

Gandhi
02-18-2011, 09:04 AM
Well, I think it is a bit strange to divide the map in these four parts like in poll. In my opinion north-west, north-east, south-west and south-east would make more sense.

STAR_GOD
02-27-2011, 07:03 AM
Well, I think it is a bit strange to divide the map in these four parts like in poll. In my opinion north-west, north-east, south-west and south-east would make more sense.

agree

Fangbeorn
02-22-2012, 04:03 PM
Western, though accidentally voted eastern..

banden
02-23-2012, 12:47 AM
Western, though accidentally voted eastern..

Lol, wth happened here? I think the forums just necroed a thread on its own. O.o

Or is it because someone answered the poll? Anyway, its outdated by a year. :P

MrDDT
02-23-2012, 08:11 AM
Sorry Banden, I think I did when I voted on it.

I do think it would be kinda cool to see where people are now in days.

banden
02-23-2012, 09:43 AM
Agreed! But we should probably start a new thread :D

Azurfale
02-28-2012, 08:14 AM
maplib ftw
I already stared a small one and marked a few places

'don't shit it up with abandoned places'

Kegan
03-01-2012, 08:40 AM

Agreed, I see this about every day then i check the forums it would be better to start a new one..IMO

Willowhawk
03-01-2012, 10:48 AM
Yeah this thread should be closed (deleted even). The majority of votes were from a year ago and none of those people are in game so these results are skewed and have no meaning.

MrDDT
03-13-2012, 10:04 AM
I dont see a problem with leaving it open, its not an official poll and it will correct itself after time. Plus Im not sure how many of the votes were from when, but I know a lot have voted on it lately.

Book
03-13-2012, 11:46 AM
I don't think it's possible to start a new poll anymore is it? Maybe a guide could help you guys out on that, don't know what the policy on that would be...?

It would be interesting to compare a new poll to the old one, might give a sense of where all them decaying totems are :) Depending on how many participate. Could just go with ratio though.

South does look rather skewed. I'd be tempted to guess a lot of the recent votes are to the south from -IS-? Just guessing based on DDT being the first to vote the poll back to life and then the skew to the south.

MrDDT
03-13-2012, 02:41 PM
I don't think it's possible to start a new poll anymore is it? Maybe a guide could help you guys out on that, don't know what the policy on that would be...?

It would be interesting to compare a new poll to the old one, might give a sense of where all them decaying totems are :) Depending on how many participate. Could just go with ratio though.

South does look rather skewed. I'd be tempted to guess a lot of the recent votes are to the south from -IS-? Just guessing based on DDT being the first to vote the poll back to life and then the skew to the south.

Poll started with the south as the most, just FYI before the necro.

I remember it had 30 votes, the next closed was east at low 20s (I think 21).

I dont think we will ever see enough votes on a poll to really make it matter, its more just for funs.

znaiika
03-14-2012, 08:44 AM
Round hill, which part is it?

Willowhawk
03-15-2012, 10:45 AM
Round hill, which part is it?
This is the other reason this poll doesn't work well. Had they done NW, NE, SW, SE the 4 separate areas could be divided along specific grid lines. As it is with N, S, E, W you have to visualize a line from center of the map to the corners to create 4 equal triangles, or delegate specific grids to each quadrant. I looked at round hill and it would seem to fall right on the line between south and east if divided in triangles. If I was to divide the grids up however, I would place Round Hill in the East. Take your pick. :rolleyes:

Qwerty
04-26-2012, 06:42 AM
Should have had the NW, NE, SW and SE options as well to be accurate.