PDA

View Full Version : time of final wipe announced

bruisie159
02-17-2011, 01:49 AM
I will shut off the game server at Midnight PST on February 17

- The server will come on with the final wipe at 3:00 PM PST February 18

Great we have a time :) I do feel like im moaning all the time recently but 11pm at night UK and midnight EU is annoying! I dont see why it couldnt have been midday PST at least to give europeans a bit of time to play before the middle of the night!

darg75
02-17-2011, 02:06 AM
Help. I've had a couple of beers and this whole time maths stuff does my head in at the best of times. I'm Hobart, Tasmania. That's GMT +10. Pacific time is GMT -8. What time does the game come up for me?

dlld
02-17-2011, 02:09 AM
9am saturday I think

0am saturday for me gmt +1

esudar
02-17-2011, 02:22 AM
i think thats 12 pm for gmt+1

dlld
02-17-2011, 02:31 AM
same thing, my clock resets to 00:00 when its a new day.

Vandali
02-17-2011, 02:34 AM
11pm at night UK and midnight EU is annoying! I dont see why it couldnt have been midday PST at least to give europeans a bit of time to play before the middle of the night!

It's a perfect time for us brits, 11pm is when we come crawling outta the pubs, Jooky clearly planned this around those who enjoy a drink at the weekend. :D

Honelith
02-17-2011, 02:50 AM
It's a perfect time for us brits, 11pm is when we come crawling outta the pubs, Jooky clearly planned this around those who enjoy a drink at the weekend. :D

Ah, I likesy ! ;)

bruisie159
02-17-2011, 03:15 AM

hehe yeah maybe thats true

Ex0dUs101
02-17-2011, 03:47 AM
A great announcement to wake up to, certainly getting excited now!

bruisie159
02-17-2011, 04:19 AM
Also dont forget though.. thats if it launches bang on time i wouldnt be surprised if we dont get in till 1 or 2 am! nevermind though at least its coming at last

Sakho
02-17-2011, 05:46 AM
Not too late for Europeans, cool.

blackzilla
02-17-2011, 05:51 AM
It will be 7PM here in Nova Scotia, Canada. Woot! Perfect time, I will have hit the beer store, seen my drug dealers, Ordered Pizza, done my chores around the homestead and sat down ready to log in with the fiance at my side. We are ready to rumble.......!!!!!

mgilbrtsn
02-17-2011, 07:04 AM
It'll be 6PM here in Virginia, US. A great time. What to do until then. Maybe I'll take some sleeping pills and wake up in time to order the pizza, get comfy and make the dash to the tribes area.

bodangly
02-17-2011, 07:21 AM
It'll be 6PM here in Virginia, US. A great time. What to do until then. Maybe I'll take some sleeping pills and wake up in time to order the pizza, get comfy and make the dash to the tribes area.

If only. I'll still be on my commute home about 30 minutes out. Damnit!

TweFoju
02-17-2011, 07:49 AM
Godammit, it's freaking 5 AM in the morning for GMT + 7

oh well, at least it's Saturday =)

whatever

Xbwalker
02-17-2011, 08:08 AM
Ok so after that final wipe is officially prelude? As in, we can start working on our characters without fear of losing them?

dlld
02-17-2011, 08:12 AM
Ok so after that final wipe is officially prelude? As in, we can start working on our characters without fear of losing them?

Yes, that's usually what the word final implies.

Kroom
02-17-2011, 08:15 AM
I won't be home, no access until the 22! =(

People, do me a favor and take a break once in awhile for forum activities. I can still read while away... lol

dragon26
02-17-2011, 08:22 AM
So whats the odds on two days after final wipe they have to wipe it again due to some error or mad glitch? Im saying 70% chance.

blackzilla
02-17-2011, 09:25 AM
So whats the odds on two days after final wipe they have to wipe it again due to some error or mad glitch? Im saying 70% chance.

I have this odd feeling as well, if it does happen, they will need to do something major to keep the masses from going all pitchfork and torches.

I have never had a toon deleted or a server wiped after a release and I have played every mmo at launch to date. At most I have had minor rollbacks which I can handle....

Salvador4
02-17-2011, 10:40 AM
Argh I'm seriously pissed about the launch time. Europeans get shafted big time. 00:00 Saturday morning for me. I was hoping to be able to log in and play when I got home from work, but nooooo. I have to sit an entire evening, being bored. Hopefully play an hour or 2 until my eyes fall shut and go to sleep. What the fuck is this? And there will definately be delays en shut downs, you can count on that. /rant

bodangly
02-17-2011, 11:19 AM
Argh I'm seriously pissed about the launch time. Europeans get shafted big time. 00:00 Saturday morning for me. I was hoping to be able to log in and play when I got home from work, but nooooo. I have to sit an entire evening, being bored. Hopefully play an hour or 2 until my eyes fall shut and go to sleep. What the fuck is this? And there will definately be delays en shut downs, you can count on that. /rant

Seriously?

No time is perfect for everyone.

Hell I live on the east coast of the USA and guess what - the time isn't GREAT for me either since I'll be working.

We'll all get to play the game soon enough.

kiwiitis
02-17-2011, 01:03 PM

Win some lose some.

For a change I win 12 midday 19th.Be early lunch :):)

mgilbrtsn
02-17-2011, 07:06 PM

While that sucks, the first day will be the mad dashes to claim land. If you're in a tribe, you should be ok. The building of cities will take a long time, and you'll be fully engaged. If your a solo player, i'm sure that there will be plenty of spots left open for a homestead.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be pissed also if I was in your boat..Just trying to get you to "look on the bright side of life" (insert whistling)