PDA

View Full Version : The 2 Gather Skills when you create a character

Niburu
02-17-2011, 11:11 AM
What is the benefit of choosing them ? Only that you start with skill 25 ?

bodangly
02-17-2011, 11:23 AM
Well you also start with the applicable tool.

BigCountry
02-17-2011, 11:26 AM
Well you also start with the applicable tool.

/this

Delvie
02-17-2011, 01:04 PM
Hiding, Foraging, Scavenging don't have tools.

Fishing starts with pole, Terraforming starts with shovel.

Not sure about Hunting as I always take Blades as my weapon.

BigCountry
02-17-2011, 01:17 PM
I have noticed no difference in 5 and 25 Hunting. Animals give me the same skinning menu. Is that by design or just not implemented yet?

Delvie
02-17-2011, 01:45 PM
I have noticed no difference in 5 and 25 Hunting. Animals give me the same skinning menu. Is that by design or just not implemented yet?

I hadn't noticed any difference either before last night (decided to do some exploration so restarted character) and with only 5 in Hunting I was failing quite a bit when going after the different items. For example, failed three times to skin, twice to get small bones, and once to get head. No idea if it was just bad luck or not though.

bruisie159
02-17-2011, 01:54 PM
I hadn't noticed any difference either before last night (decided to do some exploration so restarted character) and with only 5 in Hunting I was failing quite a bit when going after the different items. For example, failed three times to skin, twice to get small bones, and once to get head. No idea if it was just bad luck or not though.

I tested this a couple of times and there was definitely a difference. With 5 skill some of the bones I just couldn't harvest because of fails. Maybe some hide too.