PDA

View Full Version : Quality and Condition of Pre Order Weapons

Scorchien
02-18-2011, 07:53 AM
Can we get a guide or dev to confirm the Quality and Condition of these items plz..

Thx

blackzilla
02-18-2011, 08:22 AM
Can we get a guide or dev to confirm the Quality and Condition of these items plz..

Thx

Seriously, do you need to hear it from a dev? Think about it...you really believe they would give us junk weapons as a special pre-order bonus? Dear God the mentality drives me bonkers.... See my sig.

Scorchien
02-18-2011, 08:25 AM
Seriously, do you need to hear it from a dev? Think about it...you really believe they would give us junk weapons as a special pre-order bonus? Dear God the mentality drives me bonkers.... See my sig.

there are 8 tiers ..so yea i would like to know .... Dear God the ignorance of knowledge drives me bonkers...

blackzilla
02-18-2011, 08:27 AM
there are 8 tiers ..so yea i would like to know .... Dear God the ignorance of knowledge drives me bonkers...

If you feel they are going to be any less than the best than as I said before, read my sig.

Lhowatt
02-18-2011, 08:27 AM

Must you be an ass about it?

Klecko
02-18-2011, 08:29 AM
Wow he's still going on about this

Deacon
02-18-2011, 08:29 AM
Lets hope that crafted weapons can compete or better these. I'd like to get one of the knives...but dont want blades as my primary weapon skill. I dont want to be forced to take a pre-order weapon in primary weapon skill to be competitive.

blackzilla
02-18-2011, 08:30 AM
Must you be an ass about it?
I would expect none the less from any of you if I say something so numpty....

Scorchien
02-18-2011, 08:32 AM
If you feel they are going to be any less than the best than as I said before, read my sig.

I can only hope you are wrong , anything that is better than say T2 makes all Weaponcraft and Tech associated with it Obsolete at before the game launches .. Im sure many people enjoyed gathering the resources and rare scavengable items need to craft these T1 and T2 weapons..

The crafter enjoyed contributing , the gatherer and the person who ended up killing that Bear ...

And i believe you need to read your Sig as it applies to you ..........thx

blackzilla
02-18-2011, 08:35 AM
I can only hope you are wrong , anyhthing that is better than say T2 makes alll Weaponcraft and Tech associated with it Obsolete at before the game launches .. Im sure many people enjoyed gathering the resources and rare scavengable items need to craft these T1 and T2 weapons..

The crafter enjoyed contributing , the gatherer and the person who ended up killing that Bear ...

And i belive you need to read your Sig as it applys to you ..........thx

Let me get this straight, you think because we all get to pick one weapon that it will destroy the weapon crafting profession? /Sigh...

what puny thought logic

Lhowatt
02-18-2011, 08:37 AM
I would expect none the less from any of you if I say something so numpty...

Most people are not that rude.

Scorchien
Let me get this straight, you think because we all get to pick one weapon that it will destroy the weapon crafting profession? /Sigh...

what puny thought logic

Show me where i said that .. I said it could make T1 and T2 weapons obsolete .. you need to work on your trolling skills ,you are way behind the curve..

If its a better weapon than T1 or T2 it makes those Tiers obsolete now doesnt it..

blackzilla
[QUOTE=blackzilla;43948]I would expect none the less from any of you if I say something so

Must people are not that rude.

Welcome to the internet

Escargot
02-18-2011, 08:38 AM
Given that many specials like this in mmos strive to give the player something that is more ornamental, rather than game effective, it's a pretty reasonable guess that these won't be what you think they will be.

They have a unique look. That, in itself, has value to many. Maybe they don't want them to also be something that would affect the otherwise natural progression of weaponcrafting.

There are any number of examples from other launches where the "collector's edition" type items were only useful in the very early levels of a character's life...and often not more useful at all than any other starting gear, but rather just distinctive.

Don't know either way...maybe they'll be as nasty as they look...but your reaction to the mere raising of the question seems a bit...excessive. You know..."compensating".

Lhowatt
02-18-2011, 08:41 AM
I can only hope you are wrong , anyhthing that is better than say T2 makes alll Weaponcraft and Tech associated with it Obsolete at before the game launches .. Im sure many people enjoyed gathering the resources and rare scavengable items need to craft these T1 and T2 weapons..

And i belive you need to read your Sig as it applys to you ..........thx

I think you'll find that it won't be an issue. After all it is only 1 weapon for each person iirc.

blackzilla
02-18-2011, 08:41 AM
Given that many specials like this in mmos strive to give the player something that is more ornamental, rather than game effective, it's a pretty reasonable guess that these won't be what you think they will be.

They have a unique look. That, in itself, has value to many. Maybe they don't want them to also be something that would affect the otherwise natural progression of weaponcrafting.

There are any number of examples from other launches where the "collector's edition" type items were only useful in the very early levels of a character's life...and often not more useful at all than any other starting gear, but rather just distinctive.

Don't know either way...maybe they'll be as nasty as they look...but your reaction to the mere raising of the question seems a bit...excessive. You know..."compensating".

Nothing has stats at the moment and it doesn't matter if you have a better weapon/armor or not...they do nothing different than a naked guy and his fist...So for now and a while to come get use to it.

Lhowatt
02-18-2011, 08:43 AM
[QUOTE=Lhowatt;43955]

Welcome to the internet

Yes only on the internet can fools be rude for no reason and get away with it.

blackzilla
02-18-2011, 08:45 AM
[QUOTE=blackzilla;43957]

Yes only on the internet can fools be rude for no reason and get away with it.

If we were face to face and you said something that was silly or just nonsense I would call you on it.

Scorchien
02-18-2011, 08:46 AM
Nothing has stats at the moment and it doesn't matter if you have a better weapon/armor or not...they do nothing different than a naked guy and his fist...So for now and a while to come get use to it.

Lol wow you really need to absorb your sig with each post you make , your ignorance bleeds out..

They dont have stats that YOU can see , thats certain .. but if you played the game at all you know that different Tier weapons do different damage...And weapon/armor make a huge differnece .. Fight a Bear naked with your fists and then in Bone armor with a studded smasher .... big difference..

Niburu
02-18-2011, 08:48 AM

You are wrong. Only because you can't see it doesn't mean it isn't there. The Armor has protections. Weapon types and the quality of the craft has influence on the dmg. The skill-level of the crafter also

ButtaRock
02-18-2011, 08:49 AM
i hope its not something that can be stolen.. Be nice to have always have a weapon after you die, even if just an ok weapon its better than nothing

Lhowatt
02-18-2011, 08:51 AM

It actually does me and my buddy did some simple tests last week.

Notice how I replied insults?

blackzilla
02-18-2011, 08:51 AM
You are wrong. Only because you can't see it doesn't mean it isn't there. The Armor has protections. Weapon types and the quality of the craft has influence on the dmg. The skill-level of the crafter also

I disagree, I have killed people fully armored, with two weapons, toe to toe while I was naked and barehanded. Not once but for two weeks straight I've seen no difference.

Lhowatt
02-18-2011, 08:52 AM
i hope its not something that can be stolen.. Be nice to have always have a weapon after you die, even if just an ok weapon its better than nothing

They say it is bound to the owner so i assume it cannot be looted.

Quinni
02-18-2011, 08:54 AM
They say it is bound to the owner so i assume it cannot be looted.

cannot be looted and cannot be placed anywhere outside your pack. Therefore only way to rid of it is to destroy it.

Mystais
02-18-2011, 09:00 AM
cannot be looted and cannot be placed anywhere outside your pack. Therefore only way to rid of it is to destroy it.
Or drop your pack, I guess.
Hmmm... but then what if someone else equips their pre-order weapon/tool, drops thier pack and then picks up your pack? Can they then open the pack and get your pre-order weapon/tool too?

Lhowatt
02-18-2011, 09:05 AM
Does it have weight?

bodangly
02-18-2011, 09:10 AM
I disagree, I have killed people fully armored, with two weapons, toe to toe while I was naked and barehanded. Not once but for two weeks straight I've seen no difference.

I don't think there really is agreeing or disagreeing here, just the truth. I don't really know what you are talking about because I've definitely noticed a difference as have others.

blackzilla
02-18-2011, 09:29 AM
I don't think there really is agreeing or disagreeing here, just the truth. I don't really know what you are talking about because I've definitely noticed a difference as have others.

Everyone's and expert

Scorchien
02-18-2011, 09:44 AM
Everyone's and expert

Everyone's an expert............................................ ............just sayin ..................................and chk your sig lol

blackzilla
02-18-2011, 09:54 AM
Everyone's an expert............................................ ............just sayin ..................................and chk your sig lol

I'll entertain this................... have any original material yourself? .................Just sayin.

Scorchien
02-18-2011, 10:04 AM
I'll entertain this................... have any original material yourself? .................Just sayin.

This is the last time i will reply to you in this thread , as you have done nothing but make weak attempts to troll ,debunk,and derail , A perfectly good question of game mechanics, and as you have'nt brought anyhting constructive to the table at all, and seem to have a very shallow and limited knowledge of these Mechanics, It leaves me no choice but discredit anyhting you have to say ...

And honestly you are'nt even a good enough troll to keep me even mildly amused or interested in anything that comes form your magical fingers, i have seen 8 year olds troll a thread better that this.....

This is a very small community, making a jackass of yourself wont get you very far .... remember "The higher the monkey climbs the pole , the more of its ass you see"

Lhowatt
02-18-2011, 11:41 AM
This is the last time i will reply to you in this thread , as you have done nothing but make weak attempts to troll ,debunk,and derail , A perfectly good question of game mechanics, and as you have'nt brought anyhting constructive to the table at all, and seem to have a very shallow and limited knowledge of these Mechanics, It leaves me no choice but discredit anyhting you have to say ...

And honestly you are'nt even a good enough troll to keep me even mildly amused or interested in anything that comes form your magical fingers, i have seen 8 year olds troll a thread better that this.....

This is a very small community, making a jackass of yourself wont get you very far .... remember "The higher the monkey climbs the pole , the more of its ass you see"

Lol that last bit is sig worthy!

chikinhok
02-18-2011, 02:29 PM
i agree, blackzilla is being a turd, and im pretty sure he's even wrong about what he came on this thread to say. I doubt the quality will be THAT high for the preorder weapons, else weaponcrafting will indeed be gimped

blackzilla
02-18-2011, 02:32 PM
i agree, blackzilla is being a turd, and im pretty sure he's even wrong about what he came on this thread to say. I doubt the quality will be THAT high for the preorder weapons, else weaponcrafting will indeed be gimped

^^^^ I approve of this statemet, I am a turd.....