PDA

View Full Version : GTFO Global Chat

Jasdemi
02-18-2011, 09:09 AM
Global chat. (This will be removed or reduced March 1st)

Global Chat kills the atmosphere ingame and this red color of annoyance is causing serious eye cancer. Please let us at least disable it, I don't wanna be forced to read some bullcrap from random people.

mjgreenjr
02-18-2011, 09:11 AM
I couldn't have said it any better myself. Agree whole heartedly.

STAR_GOD
02-18-2011, 09:12 AM
totaly agree! No more Inquisition spam from me

Mystais
02-18-2011, 09:14 AM
Hmm... remember last night when the guide was asking everyone about how weapon/tool decay should be handled? That would not be possible without some sort of global chat though.

But then again maybe the general chat can be off and they just turn it on for such times.

Jasdemi
02-18-2011, 09:16 AM
Hmm... remember last night when the guide was asking everyone about how weapon/tool decay should be handled? That would not be possible without some sort of global chat though.
We have a forum with a fancy poll feature without red text for this.

wulvgar
02-18-2011, 09:17 AM
Global Chat kills the atmosphere ingame and this red color of annoyance is causing serious eye cancer. Please let us at least disable it, I don't wanna be forced to read some bullcrap from random people.

agree 1000000%

Sakho
02-18-2011, 09:20 AM
Global chat will be removed, thats what I heard.

Jasdemi
02-18-2011, 09:21 AM
Global chat will be removed, thats what I heard.
Yeah, I heard that too. Until I've read the news on our new launcher.

Vandali
02-18-2011, 09:35 AM
It's not just annoying it's game breaking. It quickly deteriorates into a sess pit of people whining and moaning when a guide isn't around. Were going to need rafts with the flood of tears when people get pk'd, i dont think i'll be able to play with it in, it really is that annoying.

Stundorn
02-18-2011, 09:35 AM
vote YES

esudar
02-18-2011, 09:36 AM
if i have a problem i want everybody to read it hmkay

Mako_Jak
02-18-2011, 09:44 AM
The sooner global chat get's removed, the better.

Twosock
02-18-2011, 10:11 AM
Agree or atleast give us some command to switch it off/on channels we dont want. (as it is chat window is pretty much unused.)
Since well to much red spam running across it. have to keep scrolling back to to make sure you didnt miss some tribe/general/Whispers. its like a russian roullete with 5 bullets.

Was looking forward to live game without it.

Haakhen
02-18-2011, 10:23 AM
I agree, Golbal Chat be gone!

Joph
02-18-2011, 10:25 AM
Please kill it today.

outfctrl
02-18-2011, 10:27 AM
What about some type of local chat?

ButtaRock
02-18-2011, 10:38 AM
we need tabbed chat, the ability to make rooms with our own security option & the like.. that chat we have now is a pain because if functions are outdated big time..

Omali
02-18-2011, 10:40 AM
we need tabbed chat, the ability to make rooms with our own security option & the like.. that chat we have now is a pain because if functions are outdated big time..

On that note, I'd like to see the game messages and chat separated, so I don't have to sift through

Crafting failed.
Crafting failed.
Crafting failed.
You have crafted ____
Crafting failed.
You have crafted ____
You have crafted ____
You have crafted ____
You have crafted ____

To piece together conversation.

Tehralph
02-18-2011, 10:47 AM
What about some type of local chat?

We already have general chat, which allows you to chat with people up to a whole 2 zones away!

ButtaRock
02-18-2011, 10:48 AM
On that note, I'd like to see the game messages and chat separated, so I don't have to sift through

Crafting failed.
Crafting failed.
Crafting failed.
You have crafted ____
Crafting failed.
You have crafted ____
You have crafted ____
You have crafted ____
You have crafted ____

To piece together conversation.

exactly my point.. what you see should be up to you

Larsa
02-18-2011, 11:00 AM
Agreed that global chat should go as fast as possible.

Equally important however would be a local chat, say a channel that covers a radius of 10m around the talker. Zone chat can stay as it is. Of course the zone chat should get the /y chat command and the local chat should get the /s command.

Sobez
02-18-2011, 11:01 AM
Also maybe a background behide the chat box...idk if its just me but its kind of hard to read txt sometimes :/

Saorlan
02-18-2011, 11:09 AM
Global Chat?

GTFO !!!!

and GTFO now !!!!

Vadio
02-18-2011, 11:21 AM
Yes remove because i sense several tribe spam

sionide
02-18-2011, 11:23 AM

Equally important however would be a local chat, say a channel that covers a radius of 10m around the talker. Zone chat can stay as it is. Of course the zone chat should get the /y chat command and the local chat should get the /s command.

/sign

SlightlyEvil
02-18-2011, 11:30 AM
Couldn't agree more, the red chat completely destroys any immersion, even the local chat is kind of bad, I mean irl I couldn't hear someone talking like 1km away lol

fishFUNK
02-18-2011, 11:34 AM
get lost you jerk ass global chat.

b0ngw4t3r
02-18-2011, 11:37 AM

Yeah, I can agree with this 100%.

bruisie159
02-18-2011, 11:41 AM
with the option to turn off zone chat please. Local (very local) should be the only one compulsory

sionide
02-18-2011, 11:46 AM
I think a very local chat (10m) is desparately needed.

I remember when me and my tribe leader went to trade and make relations with our neighbouring tribe. About 5 of sat around the camp fire and just talked for a bit; however, everyone in the zone could hear us and we heard all zone conversations.

fishFUNK
02-18-2011, 11:50 AM
I remember when me and my tribe leader went to make relations with our neighbouring tribe.

:eek: This is hot. GIVE ME UR CORDS. :o

sionide
02-18-2011, 11:52 AM
What can I say we are swingers.

river111
02-18-2011, 01:50 PM
Guides have said it already in game, one dev too - they were pushing all week for people to get used to /s and /h to reach them. When it comes up today global /y should already be gone. Thats what they have said in game anyway, I really hope its today and not March 1st. It needs to be gone NOW.

ButtaRock
02-18-2011, 01:57 PM
i personally dont think any chat should be gone to be honest.. You should have the option to use the global tab or the local tab or the recruiting tab.. To me limited chat options make an already small player base even more isolated.. Our number one goal should be to bring in as many players as we can& make the game feel massive..

Again imnot for forcing people to see a global or local chat but dam sure should be there for the new guys to find people from all over the game.. I think alot of the options i see on this forum are selfish & not in the best interest of the game to grow & cater to the new player..

all IMO of course..

blake378
02-18-2011, 03:19 PM
global chat is the only thing about this game i dont like

Honelith
02-18-2011, 05:34 PM
PLEASE get rid of Global Chat.

ifireallymust
02-18-2011, 05:35 PM
If it would help even slightly with the lag at this point, I vote yay! Global chat begone. Plus it's getting really ugly in there as frustrated players attempt to vent their rage in ways that probably will lead to even more frustration!

Bisjul
02-18-2011, 06:36 PM
Global chat is stupid.

otomotopia
02-18-2011, 08:25 PM
First of all, its Yea, not Yay.

Second of all, yes.

Third of all, make the GM/guide command more prevalent (or there if its not in already).

KTHNK

Armand
02-18-2011, 08:32 PM
To the same ten people who think the world finds their drivel interesting: we really don't, thanks.

Metsuro
02-19-2011, 06:21 AM
To the same ten people who think the world finds their drivel interesting: we really don't, thanks.

Except newbs do, heres the better option. Leave Global alone and give the qqers the ability to turn it off. Now everyone gets their cake and gets to eat it.

Armand
02-19-2011, 10:22 AM
Except newbs do, heres the better option. Leave Global alone and give the qqers the ability to turn it off. Now everyone gets their cake and gets to eat it.

Global chat has been 99% about people thinking they're chatting with their 11 year old populated MSN messenger list, and 1% (pushing it even) about newbies with questions.

Mishima
02-19-2011, 10:54 AM

This.

FabricSoftener
02-19-2011, 10:55 AM
no global chat does more than just remove all the chat rage many of us do not want to see, it sets a tone for the game. The whole point of the world is that you find yourself alone and in need of finding your way to survial. Yes you need others and that is why you need to find them and when you do ask questions. You might find the people you have found dont have the tools you need, then you need to set out a journey into the world to find others.

This is by design, having no golbal chat was not a design choice because people dont like to read rages, its by design for immersion into location. Yes its true people who want to play that way could just turn off global but its not the same when everyone doesnt play basically by the same general 'tone' of the game.

This game is really for the experienced MMO player. Things like watching you tube videos, reading the player manual finding a tribe willing to help is pretty much 'MMO for Dummies, chapter 1' and to be frank if that is something you find to hard then its likely other games in the market are designed more for you.

Bazmak
02-19-2011, 11:12 AM

^

Ziggy
02-19-2011, 05:09 PM
I hate global chat. I hate it like I hate canned spinach on wasa bread.

Mako_Jak
02-19-2011, 09:07 PM
no global chat does more than just remove all the chat rage many of us do not want to see, it sets a tone for the game. The whole point of the world is that you find yourself alone and in need of finding your way to survial. Yes you need others and that is why you need to find them and when you do ask questions. You might find the people you have found dont have the tools you need, then you need to set out a journey into the world to find others.

This is by design, having no golbal chat was not a design choice because people dont like to read rages, its by design for immersion into location. Yes its true people who want to play that way could just turn off global but its not the same when everyone doesnt play basically by the same general 'tone' of the game.

This game is really for the experienced MMO player. Things like watching you tube videos, reading the player manual finding a tribe willing to help is pretty much 'MMO for Dummies, chapter 1' and to be frank if that is something you find to hard then its likely other games in the market are designed more for you.

This is/was a huge factor for me when buying the game. I absolutely love the concept of no global chat, primarily for the reasons you just listed. There's so much more to it than us just shutting it off if we don't like it. The ambiance of the game depends on it not existing. It should not be available to anybody.

tedrick
02-20-2011, 12:56 PM
Shut off global chat or allow us to shut it off.

Or make it take stamina to shout something at the very least.

The global think web is a killer. If you want to be able to poll all players in game build a system for doing that (like a window that pops up) and polls we players. Don't use global chat as indicator for what people want. It is anecdotal at best.

Jasdemi
02-23-2011, 02:34 AM
Bumpitybump.

There's nothing good in the GC.

bruisie159
02-23-2011, 09:57 AM
Bringing this back as the devs have now introduced this message on the log in screen - Global chat will be removed OR REDUCED on the 1st March. Maybe its just to keep within the tradition of vagueness around announcements :)

Viper66
02-23-2011, 06:37 PM
Being able to toggle on or off any chat seems to be the answer for anyone atm, after reading all posts..If the Devs want to make some sort of announcement like other games its large yellow on your screen ,, like "STANDBY WE ARE BRINGING DOWN THE SERVERS FOR LUNCH!" ....

furanku
02-23-2011, 06:42 PM
man I feel bad for Global Chat.. so much hate.

fflhktsn
02-23-2011, 06:43 PM
Being able to toggle on or off any chat seems to be the answer for anyone atm, after reading all posts..If the Devs want to make some sort of announcement like other games its large yellow on your screen ,, like "STANDBY WE ARE BRINGING DOWN THE SERVERS FOR LUNCH!" ....

People dont want a compromise here. They want no global, so even the ones who do benefit from it cant enjoy it.

Everything i have learned in this game i have learned from global. Going to really suck to be a noob after launch...especially since they wont know which starter zones are populated and which ones are dead..

Funny i see a LOT of names on this thread that HATE global, in global chat in game...wouldnt you think they would ignore global and use the gneral chat? Perhaps some people want to prevent new players from learning the ropes quickly? A way to stay on top or something?

Also, as bad as any global chat can be at times, it makes the game look very lively and full of active players...not so much in gerneal chat, especially in some of the less populated starter zones....would definatly give some wrong impressions to any new player.

Make it optional...i dont get why people cant compromise with this....and if its "game immersion and realism" that are the excuse to prevent all from using it...then lets get rid of tribal chat and whispers while were at it...since both are just as unrealistic. Yeah didnt think so...

Also the poll has no option for keeping global, both votes is a vote for no global...what i would expect from a poll on this forum.

Virtus
02-23-2011, 10:14 PM
Global will not be removed until launch. During that time people will be able to enter and get help. At some point jooky will be removing those spawn points (not sure when) and replacing them with ones near tribal locations. This will mean that as soon as someone logs in there will be people in the are a to help them.

On top of that there will be the guides who can walk them through as well as the manual and forums.

Kinslayer
02-24-2011, 12:05 AM
Global will not be removed until launch. During that time people will be able to enter and get help. At some point jooky will be removing those spawn points (not sure when) and replacing them with ones near tribal locations. This will mean that as soon as someone logs in there will be people in the are a to help them.

On top of that there will be the guides who can walk them through as well as the manual and forums.Correct me if Im wrong, but isnt that what the /h (help) channel is for, for noobs to get "help". Global chat will be spammed with guild recruitment and WTS/WTB's, get rid of it. It was stated by Jordi already, months ago, that it would be gone on release day, Im thinking it was merely an oversight, as to why it is still there.

bruisie159
02-24-2011, 12:21 AM
Correct me if Im wrong, but isnt that what the /h (help) channel is for, for noobs to get "help". Global chat will be spammed with guild recruitment and WTS/WTB's, get rid of it. It was stated by Jordi already, months ago, that it would be gone on release day, Im thinking it was merely an oversight, as to why it is still there.

I hope we dont get another changing of minds from the devs depending on whats been said on the forums in any particular day drives me mad at times. Just make a decision and stick to it. Get rid of global, /s is more than enough it already covers what 9 zoneS? the one you're in and surrounding? imo that needs to be reduced greatly too i dont want to have a conversation with a group of people broadcast to 100's of players 2km away

Vandali
02-24-2011, 01:13 AM
The removal of global chat should become a holiday like Guy Fawkes, or any holiday that involves burning of an effigy. It's the most horrid thing about this game and i'll be chuffed to bits when i don't have to listen to the children that inhabit it, yes you know who you are!

bruisie159
02-24-2011, 03:29 AM
The removal of global chat should become a holiday like Guy Fawkes, or any holiday that involves burning of an effigy. It's the most horrid thing about this game and i'll be chuffed to bits when i don't have to listen to the children that inhabit it, yes you know who you are!

yeah the communication system is the main thing i dont like about xsyon it hasnt had any thought puty into it yet. Hopefully that will change tho over then next few months but global really needs to completly go. If you need help use /help or ask someone near to you. To those that say some zones will not be populated - thats a load of crap the game will be plently populated to make even /s in its current state full of spam.

We need a real /say channel with a 25 metre radius. We need /tribe and maybe /group and we need system messages for the devs to communicate essential info and thats it.

Nephilim
02-24-2011, 05:50 PM
We need a real /say channel with a 25 metre radius. We need /tribe and maybe /group and we need system messages for the devs to communicate essential info and thats it.

agree

ifireallymust
02-24-2011, 06:43 PM
agree

Agree as well. I usually don't mind global chat in games, but the past couple days, Xsyon global has been pretty trolly. Probably all the testing, crashes, lag, and not knowing when the final wipe will be.

fflhktsn
02-24-2011, 06:46 PM
good news everyone, look for global chat...comming to a general chat near you.

i have LOTS of interesting and awesome stories save up just for after the removal of global!

Eremon
02-26-2011, 06:53 AM
good news everyone, look for global chat...comming to a general chat near you.

i have LOTS of interesting and awesome stories save up just for after the removal of global!

Fortunately we have a wonderful little "/ignore" function so that we can abstain from hearing your "awesome" little stories.

mindtrigger
03-07-2011, 03:43 PM
Even the positive attributes of Global take away from the game. If the idea is to make you feel somewhat lost and alone with no help, global chat reduces that feeling by giving you people to ask for help.

Zarin
03-07-2011, 07:18 PM
Yes, Global Chat should be removed, big immersion breaker.

And general should be local - it's too large of a radius that you can speak with people. We should promote talking to people nearby.

NexAnima
03-07-2011, 07:23 PM
Yes, Global Chat should be removed, big immersion breaker.

And general should be local - it's too large of a radius that you can speak with people. We should promote talking to people nearby.

global-none(if it is really nessassry should only be 500-1000m
local- should be 200-300m
whisper- should be 1-10m

Morgan
03-07-2011, 08:40 PM
let's get rid of global chat. Let's reduce local chat so you can actually see the people chatting.

thank you.

Zarin
03-07-2011, 08:45 PM
global-none(if it is really nessassry should only be 500-1000m
local- should be 200-300m
whisper- should be 1-10m

Yeah forgot whisper, that doesn't help either.

Maybe their just waiting for the server & game to stabilize. Hopefully after launch they will do this.

Franconian
03-07-2011, 08:53 PM
I believe global is still (temp) during testing .

NexAnima
03-08-2011, 04:01 AM
Yeah forgot whisper, that doesn't help either.

Maybe their just waiting for the server & game to stabilize. Hopefully after launch they will do this.

I just had a thought to add to my whisper range. Make it an actual public chat, so if anyone is within range of say 1-5m they would hear what your saying. Then we won't have this telepathy we have now and it would make some conversations more interesting lol.

Grass_Ninja
03-08-2011, 08:13 AM
I just had a thought to add to my whisper range. Make it an actual public chat, so if anyone is within range of say 1-5m they would hear what your saying. Then we won't have this telepathy we have now and it would make some conversations more interesting lol.

i can see no one ever told u a secret while u were in school lol

NexAnima
03-08-2011, 08:44 AM
In school, while you were in phys ed your buddy wasn't whispering to you while he was home sick.

Jadzia
03-08-2011, 09:09 AM
If we want chat to be based on reality the first thing they should remove is tribe chat.

ifireallymust
03-08-2011, 04:21 PM
If we want chat to be based on reality the first thing they should remove is tribe chat.

Or just say the first magic in the game is mild psychic powers between tribe members and anyone on a friends' list and cut off whispers to everyone else not a few feet from you. Then kill global, make a shout cover a certain diamemter, make /say cover a certain area.

I'm pretty antisocial, so I really wouldn't care either way. Nor am I a slave to realism, the fact that tribe members can mysteriously whisper each other across the map doesn't require explanation for me to play the game. I'm so much more worried at this point about my neighbor being on my toes due to overcrowding than I am about realism.

Zarin
03-08-2011, 06:07 PM

Yeah a lot of the channels should probably be re thought. But I think it would make the game much more interesting if tribes are talking in a local radius, not knowing if someone may be snooping or just come walking in.

I think it would be a shame to walk into an active and developed empire/tribe with many players and not see any discussions going on as they're in their own private channel.

Vandali
03-09-2011, 01:46 AM
Yeah a lot of the channels should probably be re thought. But I think it would make the game much more interesting if tribes are talking in a local radius, not knowing if someone may be snooping or just come walking in.

I think it would be a shame to walk into an active and developed empire/tribe with many players and not see any discussions going on as they're in their own private channel.

Most chatter will be on voice comms, the days of text have all but vanished.

bOOmerDK
03-09-2011, 02:08 AM
I like the idea of a realistic game. Global chat should be gone, and only a 25 m chat zone allowed.

If you want to get in contact with a Tribe that is offline, it would be nice to leave a message on their Totem.

Tribe chat is ok.

And maybe a SHOUT chat up to 100 m away?....

Risk
03-09-2011, 02:45 AM
Fuck realism.....reds just a pain in the arse...hard enough chatin in local without seeing some dumb fuck on red...who yes I help...<Bartender....i help idiots who dont read 101s....a love hate really...

Jasdemi
03-10-2011, 03:03 PM
March, 10th. Global Chat is still in.
USELESS BULLSHIT! It's only used for trolling and crying.

randomt
03-10-2011, 06:37 PM
Global chat removes the feeling of remoteness.. everyone knows everyone and can talk to everyone across the world.. so traveling somewhere is not much of an adventure as far as the social aspect goes

Haunt
03-10-2011, 07:34 PM
The vote was overwhelming, I don't know HOW they can keep it in the game.

Burnt
03-10-2011, 07:36 PM
I'm guessing it will be removed on the 15th. If it doesn't It might be the only thing in the game that would make me rage enough to flame the forums :P

Zarin
03-10-2011, 07:53 PM
I'm guessing it will be removed on the 15th. If it doesn't It might be the only thing in the game that would make me rage enough to flame the forums :P

Probably will soon based on the response from the community.

The one benefit I can think of is that we can discuss performance and server lag during these next few days.

Zsolo
03-12-2011, 05:54 AM
With you on that one

Wari
03-13-2011, 08:23 AM
The soon it's gone the better.

JesusTheAstronaut
03-13-2011, 10:39 AM
We HAVE to remove global chat. No global chat is what sets Xsyon apart from other games. If you have to have a help channel, fine, but limit it to those players that are not in a tribe, or have an account less than 14 days old.

Saorlan
03-13-2011, 11:24 AM
GTFO Global Chat - I am turning into a troll due to it.

Zarin
03-13-2011, 07:19 PM
Yay Global Chat is gone! Good job ya'll!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wos-dDxpJlQ

jumpshot
03-13-2011, 08:22 PM
victory, good people